Islamic Forum
Liv eachday as tho it is ur lst!

Smoking Ban In The Uk!

Smoking Ban in the Uk!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do YOU think about the Smoking Ban in the uk?

• Excellent!
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay...
    • Not Good
    • Dissapointing!
  2. 2. What type of smoking ban should be introduced?

• Total Ban!
    • Partial Ban ie just in pubs, and other public places!
    • No ban!

Smoking ban in all pubs and clubs

MPs have voted by a huge margin to ban smoking from all pubs and private members' clubs in England. Health Secretary Patricia Hewitt said the change, expected to take effect in summer 2007, would "save thousands of people's lives". Ministers gave a free vote amid fears Labour MPs could rebel against plans to exempt clubs and pubs not serving food. The Commons decided by a margin of 200 to impose a ban on smoking in all enclosed public spaces. The Cabinet had been split on how far restrictions - set out in the Health Bill - should go, with Conservatives calling government policy a "shambles". . . .

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4709258.stm

PropellerAds

:D

excellent, total ban :D

hahaha. why 'poor' smoking been the subject of hate by the west. acohol is more serious and deadly, what about its ban?

*Topic moved from General Chat*

Ditto Muja. :D

I support a total ban of cigarettes. They serve no purpose. Ban them completely.

hahaha. why 'poor' smoking been the subject of hate by the west. acohol is more serious and deadly, what about its ban?

Alcohol causes more immediate death, but cigarettes cause more long-term deaths. Both should be illegal.

I think what’s more important here now is how effective this is in implementing and enforcing it.

Alcohol causes more immediate death, but cigarettes cause more long-term deaths. Both should be illegal.

brother alcohol not only causes short term but long term health deterioration as well.

brother alcohol not only causes short term but long term health deterioration as well.

Of course, but most people who drink don't become addicted to it, and alcohol doesn't have as bad long term effects when used in moderation.

Then of course, you have guys like Mustafa Kemal who die from illness (cirhossis) their drinking addictions - which is ironic, because he legalized alcohol.

Salaam,

drinking is much more intrenched in culture than smoking. Plus, when you're drunk or tipsy then you do tend to be more socialable, happy etc, if you smoke you just cough and smell

Banning smoking I can see working, not so many people smoke nowdays, but nearly everyone drinks and whilst most people disagree with drinking to excess, having a few glasses of wine a week is seen as social...plus if its red wine it has health benefits!

What is the Islamic position on smoking etc? is it disputed or is there a clear opinion on it?

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Edited by darla_1753

Assalamu alaikum

It is seen as an intoxicant and many have classed it as Haram (forbidden).

I welcome a total ban on smoking in public places. I can't stand it when people smoke in my face. Why should i have to put up with people lighting up and endangering my health without me asking for that, as i'm going about my public life?

Excellent. :D

Ma'assalama

Wasn't in Labours manifesto so shouldn't have been banned. Tis funny how MPs will still be able to smoke in the parliament bar.

Just another example of the government sticking its nose in where not wanted.

I think a total ban would be excellent insha'Allah. I hate it when you walk and smoke everywhere, makes your close stink and breathing in them chemicals, has bad effects on ones health and etc.

Total ban and on all kind of smoking. It is about time that similar bans are implemented all over the Muslim world in their Masjids and its surrounding areas. I am simply sick of people pumping their cigars and ruining the sitting area at Masjid specially in Ramadan after Iftar. These people need to get a life! A total ban on all kind of smokes in Masjids!!!

In Masjids? Smoking? Ive never heard of that before! that is completely stupid. How dare they! It is disrespectful. Its allahs house. and these ppl have no respect! astaghfirullah. those ppl who do smoke shud think twice before throwing a fit after hearing about the danish disrespecting the Holy Prophet saw. Indeed this is very hypocritical.!

I welcome a total ban on smoking in public places. I can't stand it when people smoke in my face. Why should i have to put up with people lighting up and endangering my health without me asking for that, as i'm going about my public life?

I think a total ban would be excellent insha'Allah. I hate it when you walk and smoke everywhere, makes your close stink and breathing in them chemicals, has bad effects on ones health and etc.

I think this ban will also help many smokers who will simply have less and less opportunities to smoke and may contemplate quitting the cancer stick.

Good move!

They will find banning smoking hard, nevermind alcohol.

During Rasulullah's (saw) time, when alcohol became unlawfull, the streets were flowing with wine, because they gave up straight away. You'll never get anything like this happening.

excellent, total ban :D

I second that Sis.

Theres nothing more digusting than having to breath in someone's smoke when you are unable to move out of the way, like in a queue or at a train/tube station.

Salamu Alaikum

Good ban, finally we are getting somewhere. Smoking is haram and thus shouldn't happen, but people do it anyways, not that it is illegal, maybe people will realize how stupid it is. You may get relaxed from smoking, but a hot shower and then reading a Surah is even better. Now we need to get alchohol, but the problem is that if it becomes illegal people will want it more. People love illegal stuff, stupid nafs.

Salamu Alaikum