Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swanlake

Oh My God..someone Called Me Aunty

:D

I didnt realise i was old till a kid called me aunty. Imagine my shock as i always thought i was hip :D and can relate to kids easily unlike mom and dad. :D

PropellerAds

how old are you, sis??? I've been called uncle since i was 10! (my causin had children :D )

w/salaam

I am 29. But it is ok when your nephew or neice call you that. Even though i have a hard time an older woman calling me aunt (as i am her aunt for real). I always find myself saying 'comon sister' to her. But when kids at the street call you aunt, time to check few grey hair methinks!

walks in..

<<cue nelson from simpsons: ha-ha>>

sorry swanlake.. but its too funny!!

walks out..

Edited by Hasib

Assalamu Alaikum, I see what you mean Swanlake. Recentyl I was called aunty by a 50 year old, I am not 50 yet and I dont look older than her at all. Maybe it was the fact that her children are not married and mine are. My daughter in law wanted to go and point it ot to her, I just laughed and stopped her. Just take it that someone wants to respect you.

I sometimes make a post and add Aunty before my name to let the others know that I am from an older generation, and Alhamdulillah everyone has always been respectful to me, except one case where a brother a young one, said something like you dont have to tell us you are older, older people are not intelligent, or something to that effect, seriously, I am not lying. Anyways, take care, aunty umAhmad.

I sometimes make a post and add Aunty before my name to let the others know that I am from an older generation, and Alhamdulillah everyone has always been respectful to me, except one case where a brother a young one, said something like you dont have to tell us you are older, older people are not intelligent, or something to that effect, seriously, I am not lying. Anyways, take care, aunty umAhmad.

Who would be sooo foooolish and arrogant (to put it very very mildly) to say such a thing????

I think it is queit the opposite of that!!!

p.s. sis, swanlake, time goes on so fast that one does not even realise! one moment your being admitted to school and the next your leaving uni!!! A well that is how things work! But it is an advantage having hope for the hereafter, then you tend to want to get over with it :D

Hope your taking it fine....

w/salaam

Umm Ahmed..is that you aunt masooma? :D

I remember my dad telling me how an older lady got up for him on the train. Everyone is young at heart and it appears that people dont see themselves how others sees them.

Assalamu Alaikum, Yes its me, changed to sound more mature, hehe, Take care. aunty umAhmad.

"sorry swanlake.. but its too funny!!"

Hasib..we will see how you feel when you are closer to 30!

I always used to think that by passing 30yr old mark, i would be part of the aunt brigade. But it happened already.

lolz... i dont mind people calling me aunty.... makes me feel mature :D

hehe... once this lady called home... my mom picked the phone and said hello

Lady: hi darling, pass the phone to you mom!

my mom was happy for that, cuz she had to laugh. then finally she said in a mean deep voice, "HELLO?"

muwahahaha!

Hasib..we will see how you feel when you are closer to 30!
I didnt know ur 29 btw..

Some 8yr already called me uncle :D and i was only 23 at the time..

We were watching NHL :D on cbc :D and erm.. the kid was so confused cause the older generation i.e. mom/dad dont like NHL hockey and they dont watch it so..................

i was watching it with on tv and this kids' like "er uncle you like hockey too"??????????? i was like :D :D :D me....... and uncleeeeeeeee ??????????

hehe... once this lady called home... my mom picked the phone and said hello

Lady: hi darling, pass the phone to you mom!

my mom was happy for that, cuz she had to laugh. then finally she said in a mean deep voice, "HELLO?"

Exact same thing happened to my mum too!

Actually, I really wouldn't mind if someone called me aunty (never going to happen tho!)

Imagine...

You take your younger brother (who is nearly 15 yet how did he become taller than me I'll never know??!!) to the opticians to get his eyes tested. Afterwards;

Receptionist lady (leaning forward with nice biiig smile): "Is mum coming too" [to sign some forms]

Me (through gritted teeth): "No, I'm old enough" [add cold smile]

*sigh*

Dont worry sister, you know how somalis are, call uncle or aunty to anyone who they look up to, so its not a bad thing inshAllah loq :D

Assalaamu alaikum

^ Tell us when u've been called uncle...:D But then...you're in yours mid 20s innit bro. :D Makes sense for you.

I've only been called apa and aunty sometimes too... :D :D And I was 10. :D Its nice and all, but made me :D and my dad was :D over it. :D

Annoying brats. :D I told them to call me by my name.

Ermm...hehehe. It doesn't mean you're less hip that people are calling you aunty. :D

Tell us when u've been called uncle...w00t.gif But then...you're in yours mid 20s innit bro. unsure.gif Makes sense for you.

Ermm...hehehe. It doesn't mean you're less hip that people are calling you aunty.

Sure, your a living example init :D *geek smily inserted here*

Ermm...hehehe. It doesn't mean you're less hip that people are calling you aunty.

anything to make you feel good sis :D

w/salaam

I've been called aunty (well actually "khala") before :D by a bunch of the mesjid kids who probably think I'm a women (that likes to play with kids alot) :D

And you're not less cool innit Muja. B)

My point proven. B)

Many kids call me "uncle" B) and im only 14!!!!

Guest amani

omg i feel sorry for you sis :D :D

my niece and nephew rarely call me khala, aunty :D its usually safoo bafoo so if they dont id be crushed if others do

LOL amani!! :D I'm soooo gonna make my neices and nephews, when I have some inshaAllah :D, call me anything but aunty. :D

Guest amani

i know what you mean labibah :D auntys are supposed to be old not young :D

blue dew, when they call me that theres no khala :D , just safoo bafoo :D (or they might add to that :D )

Asalaamo aleykum,

I am often called aunty here and I donot mind, in Pakistan I 've always been called Mumaani or Maamijan ( mother's brother's wife ) or Taa'i ( father's older brother's wife ) :D

waleykum assalaam,

Edited by Chaand