Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hanifaj

Here's my story

As Salaamu Alaikum! All praise to Allah for bringing me into His light and for the chance to share my story. :D

I started going to church when I was 14 yrs old. I come from an old school type of family too when it comes to church. They're pentecostal and almost everyone is a minister. Ok, for those of you that don't know the difference between denominations pentecostals are the ones that doing all the shouting and jumping and speaking in tongues. I was on the choir (well more than one) and the praise team. I loved the singing and music cuz I'm a singer and music is just in me but the other stuff didn't really get into my spirit like I needed it to. I mean I love hearing about God's love but to me putting Jesus into the God position made no sense. I mean why would God, the almighty, need help? There were a lot of other things but that was just one thing. So anyway I had always been interested in learning more about Islam. I guess after reading Malcolm X when I was 12 I started reading more about Islam. I was really into how things came into perspective for him once he left the NOI. So anyway I stopped eating pork and did little things like that but then I kept on going to church.

Well then I started getting into the bible this past year. I mean just really reading and it was like no, this can't be real. Why would God bless Jacob when he stole Esau's blessing, why did Jesus say Father, Father why has thou forsaken me? Jesus wasn't crazy so why would he be talking to himself. Just things like that. Little by little Allah was turning that lightbulb in my brighter ( :D ) and I was getting pulled closer to Islam. So a fast forward to like August and I saw this Muslim sister and I just started asking her questions and she was very generous with everything that she knew. She gave me her phone number but I felt confused because I was still "church girl". So I kept on going and I tried to get into it. I was feeling like oh my goodness I'ma go to hell cuz in church they make you feel that way if you ask too many questions.

Well like in the beginning of October I was no longer going to church. I stopped like in September. It was a waste of time cuz I wasn't getting anything out of it. I was desperately looking for the sister's number but I couldn't find it. So I went to the library to read up on Islam and I ended up running into a Muslim couple. The husband saw the books I had and he started asking me about my interest in Islam and telling me all about it. He was born Muslim but his wife is a convert from Christianity so we got to talking. And she invited me to the Masjiid to break the fast with them and to meet some sisters. I tell you what. When her husband was talking to me I could feel myself wanting to cry. It was because I could just feel it in my soul that this was for me. So on Saturday 10/23/04 I went with the mind to take Shahada because after reading and praying I knew that Islam was for me. I also realize that me meeting that couple was no accident. Allah knew it was time for me.

I took Shahada that day and ever since then I've been receiving verification daily from Allah that I'm in His will. There is nothing better than knowing that. I'm proud to be Muslim and even more prouder that my children (the one I have and Insha Allah the ones I will have) will be growing up Muslim.

PropellerAds
Guest amani

:D sister

welcome to Islam :D

lol i love reading revert stories on how different people found Islam :P

well you know where to go if you ever ever ever need anyyyyyy help at all..

umm one question..the Islamic stand on music.... :P ???

:P

Wow, very nice and short story! :D May Allah give you good in this world and the next....ameen. :D

:w:

salamalekom

what a great story! welcome to Islam my sister.

:D

Allahu Akbar!

Nice story, surely Allah guides whom He wishes, Alhamdulillah!

excellent!!! brilliant stories, we should publish a collection of these, i love reading them :D

Bismillah,

Salaam,

WOW Mash'Allah, what can i say...Allah is truely amazing and always giving chance the son of Adam. Those who think about life are those who Allah opens their hearts. But those who get cought up into this world following their desires and lust, cheating and 2 much lies..Allah stiill gives them chances but they never listen nor ponder. They just say, " O well, its life u gota have fun." O well...they will pay for it. Wanst it Allah that said, we didnt created the earth for a play and fun?

Alhamdulilah sister, Always be proud and never disobey Allah even if ur soul is on the way.

p.s a true righteous person...will truley pay a price to enter paradise. No matter how hard things get..hold on to Allah's rope..and we will all inshallah meet in jannah inshallah talking about life in earth... :D inshallah.

wa.salaam

welcome to Islam sis! :D

haha ... Superb ... Subhanallah ... really inspiring ....

AOA,

Allah works in mysterious ways we cannot even understand..

I can still not imagine what would have happend had my ancestors back in the day not taken the shahad, i would have been non-muslim now and would i have the courage to switch ?? AllahuAlim..

Anywayz sis ALHAMDULLIAH :D

welcome sis to this great religion Islam,we are proud of you as you living in a place where you were surrounded by christians,had searched for the ultimate truth that brought you to this religion,Allah bless u!

Salam sister,

Mas'Allah sister wonderful story,Welcome to Islam sister.......... :D for sharing it.........May Allah keep on blessing you with more............ameen & inshahallah........

Takecare,love you for the sake of Allah :P :D

Wasalam

Masha Allah

Welcome to Islam, ^^ ameen to that dua.

mashallah sister...

its so nice to read.....welcome!

im so happy that more and more people are seeing that Islam is the light...

and every convert story is so like the other, but in the same way unique....

beautiful.....

take care....

Mashallah, that's a lovely story. I was a catholic and a eucharistic minister. I too tried getting more involved in the Church but I didn't fit in. The sisterhood in Islam is amazing I'm sure you'll agree.

Alahamdulillah. ummwaail :D

salam

alwayz when i read these storiez i jus cant stop sayin subhan Allah

welcome to u nd to u tooo sis ummwaail

May Allah guide us alll

Thank you for sharing your story. Reading stories like this just makes me so much more stronger in my deen and iman. The best part is that you reached Islam and now your children will benefit from your knowledge.

Assalamu alaykum.

MAsha'Allah!! What a wonderful story.

Thanks for sharing.

Assalamu alaykum.