Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CuriosDane

Cleric Offers Reward To Kill Cartoonists

(www.)"http://english.aljazeera/NR/exeres/658C2197-3E84-497C-B4DF-DF5E989FFC6A.htm"]Article on Aljazeera[/url]

A Pakistani Muslim cleric and his followers have offered rewards amounting to over $1 million for killing the Danish cartoonists who drew caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad that have enraged the Muslim world.

PropellerAds

Hi CuriosDane,

As a board setting, you'll not be able to post external links until you reach 50 posts. While you're posting those, I hope you will learn about Islam and how the behavior you've described is NOT sanctioned by this religion.

Peace,

AS

(www.)"http://english.aljazeera/NR/exeres/658C2197-3E84-497C-B4DF-DF5E989FFC6A.htm"]Article on Aljazeera[/url]

A Pakistani Muslim cleric and his followers have offered rewards amounting to over $1 million for killing the Danish cartoonists who drew caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad that have enraged the Muslim world.

This is the most stupid thing ever I saw..... chanting on the roads and boycotts are the not the solution. Distribution of those links is another irresponsible act.

CuriosDane: What you want to get from this thread??

:D

If the West can place a bounty on Osama bin Laden and Zawahri we can also announce rewards for killing the man who has caused this sacrilege of the holy Prophet," Qureshi told Reuters, referring to the al-Qaeda leader and his deputy Ayman al Zawahri.

the cleric has a point. considering there is a war on.

the cleric has a point. considering there is a war on

Who is at war with Denmark? I don't remember reading that news article.

I do not clame to speak for CuriousDane, but this is a major news article at the moment and completely appropriate for an Islamic forum. Already we have seen Muslims support the cleric and others say it is not sanctioned by Islam.

What good does this cleric expect from this edict? Is the point to make the world fear Islam?

Is it to stop future such cartoons from being published? If so then this cleric is grossly ignorant of the West because it will only serve to propogate further publishing just to defy him.

This cleric and other Muslims who have responded with violence are doing nothing but harming the image of Islam around the world.

As you can see from my 'Newbie' status, I am rather new to this forum. I simply thought the News section was a place to post links to articles from credible sources. I presume you agree Al Jazeera is a credible source?

In reply to Allah's Slave: Don't worry. I know this is not the behaviour of the majority of muslims.

As you can see from my 'Newbie' status, I am rather new to this forum. I simply thought the News section was a place to post links to articles from credible sources. I presume you agree Al Jazeera is a credible source?

In reply to Allah's Slave: Don't worry. I know this is not the behaviour of the majority of muslims.

Welcome to the community CD,

It's a pleasure having you here :D

What the cleric did is wrong and he should know better than to make outrageous statements like that.

If he does have a million dollars, it would be far better to spend it on the poor...

Yes, Al Jazeera is a credible source (we think so), and you do have the right to post as long as it doesn't violate forum rules, and this doesn't :D

the cleric has a point. considering there is a war on.

You mean to say, If there is war then every cleric has the right to give a fatwa???... so please stop giving Ishak Rabin's fatwaas..

the cleric doesnt speak for all muslims. i cant see where he has represented he speaks for any. it looks a though he has done this off his own bat. you can see how the media will push this as further proof of the evil of Islam.

that is part of the war. the war against the zionist media. they paint Islam is a bad light purposely. they are an arm of the zionist power structure and as such are part of the war machine. the country doesnt matter. if it is a zionist controlled establishment it is part of their war effort. the cartoons of the prophet prove it.

and yes, it is a zionist controlled media outlet.

If this is not the behavior of majority muslims then why muslims tempted to post emotional speeches? Nobody knows about that cleric, he might be 2nd grade cleric from C-level category. Other wise he won't dare to tell that nonsense..

and yes, it is a zionist controlled media outlet.

WS, If you talk against zionist media day and night, can we wipe out them from the media map?? :D :D

We need to go into right direction, this is the time to educate them, we need to show them what Mhat Mohammed PBUH's message to this hungry world. its hard..

they dont want to know. they are fighting a war. cant you see? they are purposely slandering Islam, scaring the western public to gain support for the war. if the public were to get a better understanding of Islam the support for war may crumble. they cant let that happen. that is why they will continue to slander Islam, and nothing good you do or say will change it. by stopping all retaliation, you will just submitt to their will. turn the other cheek will not work with them.

this is their battle cry.

And thou shalt consume all the peoples which the Lord thy God shall deliver unto thee; thine eye shall not pity them . . . thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth. (Deuteronomy 7:16, 20:16)

Seems to me the one doing the slandering of Islam is that cleric.

If you make an anouncement like that, do you not expect it to make the news?

He had every intention of making headlines. Nothing to do with (yet another)

zionist plot.

the cleric is NOT slandering Islam.

evil can only prosper when good men do nothing.

the paper is zionist owned an run.

It is rather scary that you blame the media for reporting it and not the cleric for his actions. So his actions arent wrong then?

How should the media report this then? Or should it just ignore things like this? Should we do the same with things like Abu Ghraib pictures (funny that the "evil zionists" controlled media also publishes and reports that sort of stuff of their biggest "sucker" country)? Not print them because they "portray USA in bad light"?

This is totally and utterly WRONG! what was he thinking of. okay fine they did some horrible things ... they disrespected our religion and our holy prophet but never does Islam say that we resort to murder! i condemn his sayings and its such a shame we have yet another person portraying Islam in the wrong manner. astaghfirullah!

of course the media will report it. if the same cleric had donated a million dollars to save a life , do you think it would be reported? i doubt it. the media will report what it wants about Islam. and it is ALWAYS negative.

the cleric is offering this money personally. he can claim in the name of Islam if he wants. that doesnt make Islam or muslims guilty. although the media will paint it this way. and some muslims will cringe because they are too worried what the media will say and what westerners will think about them.

the cleric see's the cartoonist as combatants in the war against Islam. it is his call. no one elses. fear is the lowest form of respect. the catoonists will learn some one way or another.

Thats how it goes, nothing sells so good as negative press.

How many good things has your average Middle Eastener heard of Denmark? How widely were they printed compared to the negative? How many more muslims have heard of the negative side of Denmark, the side that insults them, compared to how many have heard good? What good has been reported that Denmark has done?

And fear isnt respect.

Who is that Cleric (Alim or faazil or whatever)?

MP19,

According to Al Jazeera it is one "Maulana Yousef Qureshi, Pakistani cleric".

the cleric is offering this money personally. he can claim in the name of Islam if he wants. that doesnt make Islam or muslims guilty. although the media will paint it this way. and some muslims will cringe because they are too worried what the media will say and what westerners will think about them.

Something I want to add. Jyllands-Posten doesnt represent Denmark, the people who drew the cartoons dont represent EU, and the papers who published the cartoons dont represent Europe, or West.

However, due to the actions of these people, west and its values gets insulted and ridiculed, danish companies get boycotted and an apology is demanded from danish goverment which had absolutely nothing to do with the printing of these pictures.

So here we are in a situation where muslims want that they and Islam dont all get blamed for the actions of terrorists, hijackers and crazy clerics who offer money to kill people, yet they themselves resort to blaming,boycotting and demanding apologies from people who had nothing to do with the actions they are angry about.

Nobody knows about that cleric, he might be 2nd grade cleric from C-level category. Other wise he won't dare to tell that nonsense..

THAT was hilarious :D :D 2nd grade from C-Level :D

AS

^^^ :D Walaikumus-salam, yes brother , I checked two main news papers of pakistan, dawn and jung, there is no Maulana Yousef Qureshi's statement. who is Maulana Yousef Qureshi? nobody knows him? He is not the guy from darul-uloom or nadwatul-ulaima or shah faisal university .. if he has that money we need to check whether its black or white.. oh noo! first we need to check whether its original currency or not... :D

So Zuki, should the press not report about the Muslims who have been killed during the protests, or the report about Muslims burning embassies or about Iran having a Holocaust cartoon contest?

You may want to sidestep the issue, but part of the reason that Muslims get such bad press is because of the actions of Muslims. Don't blame the messenger because you don't like the news he brings.