Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CuriosDane

Cleric Offers Reward To Kill Cartoonists

Everyone complains about the press being negative. It's the nature of news. Donating $1 million to charity isn't newsworthy because it's boring. But offering $1 million to kill Danish cartoonists, hell ya that's newsworthy. It's sensational. The media doesn't even need to hype this one. This is all on the cleric.

I personally believe the soldiers involved in the Abu-Ghraib abuse should be tried as traitors since what they did tarnished the reputation of the US and made life more dangerous for Americans. This cleric has added to the extreme stereotypes that paint Islam as violent. Should he be tried as a traitor to Islam? Or will he be allowed to keep running his mouth because there are a few people that like what he has to say?

Do Zionists now run Al-Jazeera, zukiful?

PropellerAds
But offering $1 million to kill Danish cartoonists,

I was watching ABC's World News Tonight, the cleric said it was $1 million and a car! :D

I was watching ABC's World News Tonight, the cleric said it was $1 million and a car! :D

:D :D :D

(www.)"http://english.aljazeera/NR/exeres/658C2197-3E84-497C-B4DF-DF5E989FFC6A.htm"]Article on Aljazeera[/url]

A Pakistani Muslim cleric and his followers have offered rewards amounting to over $1 million for killing the Danish cartoonists who drew caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad that have enraged the Muslim world.

This is just Sad, with a capital S. Why waste so much money on a person who will die anyways? Seriously do you know how many orphanage that money could actually help? I wonder if the clerics new years resolution include ‘Get famous ASAP’ somewhere in the list.

Allah (swt) knows what is in the hearts of men and May we all be guided to the straight path, ameen.

:D warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

:D

I was watching ABC's World News Tonight, the cleric said it was $1 million and a car!

as these things are usually paid in gold, one must be able to transport it! great lateral thinking by the cleric! :D :D

Guest amani

more on this. seems he had a big congragation

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.arabnews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/?page=4&section=0&article=78035&d=19&m=2&y=2006"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.arabnews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/?page=4&section=0&...d=19&m=2&y=2006[/url]

more on this. seems he had a big congragation

Thank you amani for drawing our attention to this interesting article in Arab News.

Indeed a very relevant article in this post. I couldn't help commenting on some of the statements in the article (remember to read the full article to get the full context):

From the article:

"A minister in India’s Uttar Pradesh state government has offered a reward of $11.5 million to anyone who would kill any of the cartoonists who drew the images of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) [...] The minister’s remarks sparked a nationwide furor and demands for his immediate arrest and resignation."

My comment:

The cartoons also sparked (muslim) worldwide furor and demands for punishment upon the newspaper, Jyllands-Posten, that published them.

From the article:

"Qureshi also said he had made these comments as an individual and not as a minister."

My comment:

Jyllands-Posten also said that they had published the cartoons as an independant newspaper, not as representatives of the Danish government or the Danish people.

From the article:

"The government of Uttar Pradesh, India’s most populous state that has a large Muslim community, said the minister’s statements were “his personal wish†and did not violate government rules."

My comment:

The Danish government said that the publishing of the cartoons was Jyllands-Posten's own decision and that the Danish government has absolutely no control of any media in Denmark.

From the article:

"The state’s Principal Home Secretary Alok Sinha said: “Mere announcement of this kind does not amount to a crime.’â€"

My comment:

Publishing of satiric cartoons does not amount to a crime. However, since they have offended so many people, an apology should be made. An apology has been made be the ones responsible: The editors of Jyllands-Posten.

From the article:

[Alok Sinha:]"“Let me clarify that he did not make the announcement in his capacity as a minister."

My comment:

Let me clarify that Jyllands-Posten did not publish the cartoons on behalf of the Danish government or the Danish people.

From the article:

[Alok Sinha:]"“Secondly, the reference is being made to something that has happened outside the geographical boundaries of India."

My comment:

Now, if this justifies that anyone can say anything as long as it is outside the boundaries of your own country...? Then I do not understand the furore that a few cartoons in a Danish newspaper has ignited in countries so far from Denmark.

So, why is it that the same set of rules, that some are trying to impose on the Danish government, apparently does not apply to this Indian state government?

"A minister in India’s Uttar Pradesh state government has offered a reward of $11.5 million to anyone who would kill any of the cartoonists who drew the images of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) [...] The minister’s remarks sparked a nationwide furor and demands for his immediate arrest and resignation."

My comment:

The cartoons also sparked (muslim) worldwide furor and demands for punishment upon the newspaper, Jyllands-Posten, that published them.

So, why is it that the same set of rules, that some are trying to impose on the Danish government, apparently does not apply to this Indian state government?

Firstly, the 'nationwide furor' shows the Indians strongly disagree with him - and rightly so.

In Denmark, the majority of polled Danes supported the offences.

Secondly, the Europeans have every right to defend the cartoonists.

But the lack of reaction towards the death threats suggests no one particularly cares.

European papers are more interested in boosting sales, than supporting the Danes.

Thirdly, if you're concerned with real double standards affecting millions of people(instead of a handfull of white Europeans). Research western governments, military sales and the IMF. In the face of real crimes, Arla laying off 100 employees becomes insignificant.

So lets cut through the tears and stop pretending these Danes are the only people ever to have been made redundant through unethical means. The USA, EU, UN and the IMF cannot even spell ethical! Only those blind to their own governments would criticise the Middle East for holding this boycott.

So lets cut through the tears and stop pretending these Danes are the only people ever to have been made redundant through unethical means. The USA, EU, UN and the IMF cannot even spell ethical! Only those blind to their own governments would criticise the Middle East for holding this boycott.

Hmm, take a look at EVERY other thread in this forum. They're all about the West exploiting Muslims in some fashion. This happens to be one that isn't, but I guess it's not important enough to discuss, according to you, Shagird. Would you suggest renaming the forum, then?

Hmm, take a look at EVERY other thread in this forum. They're all about the West exploiting Muslims in some fashion. This happens to be one that isn't, but I guess it's not important enough to discuss, according to you, Shagird. Would you suggest renaming the forum, then?

Muslim nations are not the only ones facing unethical policies. Most of the undeveloped world is exploited by the West.

I said those organisations should be researched independantly, without claiming they only oppress Muslims. That's something you added!

Muslim nations are not the only ones facing unethical policies. Most of the undeveloped world is exploited by the West.

I said those organisations should be researched independantly, without claiming they only oppress Muslims. That's something you added!

You're not making sense, Shagird. Perhaps you should just become a board moderator so you delete threads such as these.

If you can be more specific, we might get somewhere.

Perhaps it's easier to live in denial of your government's foriegn policies?

If you can be more specific, we might get somewhere.

Perhaps it's easier to live in denial of your government's foriegn policies?

*points to all the other threads*

the cleric is NOT slandering Islam.

evil can only prosper when good men do nothing.

the paper is zionist owned an run.

He's putting a hit out on a cartoonist like some childish mobster. Muslims always claim that Islam is a peaceful religion, but then they defend Clerics that offer to pay for the deaths of their supposed enemies?? Bullshite. If Jyllands-Posten put a hit on that cleric, can you imagine what a gong-show it would be in the news?!?

Zukiful, it's slavering dogs like you that drag Islam into misbegotten religious wars. I'm reminded of a quote from old Winnie Churchill. "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."

Sound familiar?