Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
River

Jahz Revert Story

The way it happened to me was I was on a quest, left my family, career and all

my support systems, seeking answers to why I felt the things I do, and if they

were my imagination or they were something more.

I have ancestors that date back before the Quaker Betsy Ross created

the American Flag. I was born in Washington D.C. and raised in the

Church of England, the Anglican church, or the Episcopal Church as it is known here.

The first time I picked up the Quran in my 20's, I put it down when I read that

Jesus was not crucified, as I was taught that if anyone tells you this they are of the

Anti-Christ. It is so sad that they taught me this lie, because I can only imagine

how my life would be today if I had continued reading then.

I remember driving one day praying earnestly that I wanted to FIND this "Kingdom of God"

that Jesus taught about. Well for the next 25 years I kept coming back to the parable

of the young man that went to Jesus and asked him what to do to be saved. Jesus

said well you know keep the commandments, he said I have since my youth, Jesus said

there was one thing you need to do that was to sell all you have and follow me, and the

young man went away because he was so wealthy. Well this man was me...

I had hit the end of Christianity, and God was not going to take me any further until I

did as Jesus told that boy. Later I found out that this is echoed in the Quran that if

we cut all our ties on all our support systems God will turn to us.

Well as God had it, this is where I found myself, after 30 years of a successful career, I was

spiritually sick, very sick physically now that I had put it off so long. I had all of it, a large family, money a career but I was having serious panic attacks because I was not doing what I knew I must do, as witnessed by the Angel that

also is in my heart.

So I left all of it and went to Alaska, I had invited my wife but she refused to go, so I left without her following God's

direction at the voice of this Angel in my heart,this was good for me because I was able to seek out

the native Alaskan spiritually and found the Wolf Spirit guide while there. But that wasn't all

God had planned, after testing me on a job where I had to blow the whistle on a very large bank

because of it's lack of security, I found my self jobless and no family. I was about to get my

survival gear and head to the wild, after nearly ending it all with a pistol to my head. Then a friend

told me to come to Colorado. Well I did, and that was where God really opened up to me.

About this time our ugly president decided to go to war, all the churches in this very small town were

all praying for him, and supporting his decision from the pulpits. I couldn't stand it, I walked out and

was never going back. God then took me on a grain harvest that summer and I had a chance to

see how many other Christian Churches were. He also proved to me the things I was feeling were true

honest and not my imagination.

Well my friend needed to be with her daughter who had moved to Seaside Oregon, so we took our

pennies and went to Seaside Oregon in our 19 foot 1979 trailer. We had three dogs, my friend and

myself in this very tiny trailer.

It was there that God put a Quran in my hand, while my friend and I worked on this web site you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_Jerusalem-Roads(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

seeking common ground between all three scriptures the Quran, the Gospel and the Torah. Hoping to

find something that would give me some tools to seek peace in Jerusalem.

As God would have it after he put the Quran in my hand, he took away our Internet connection for

two years. So I had only the Quran and this Angel in my heart to explain it to me.

Well eventually I came to understand that the Quran was in FACT the 100 percent pure Words of the Creator.

It answered all my questions, like what is the Righteousness that exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and

pharisees that Jesus spoke that we needed to see the Kingdom of God, remember I prayed that prayer. The rules

of war, that I never could understand why all these Military people in Washington D.C. who ran the Churches there

could go out and kill people and still have a clear conscience with what the Jesus tells us to Love our enemies.

The truth of Jesus NOT being God and the ugly human sacrifice of Jesus to accomplish what God simply decides to do,

forgive us. Well I won't go into all of that...

So after being lied to about Jesus it has been very difficult to approach any other document outside the Quran or over 5 years now. But I feel lead to do this and do it here at Shia Chat, to learn more of the Shia faith. I have a great respect for Persia and for President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and Ayatollah Khamenei I have read a lot of both their writings, and feel they are probably the most righteous of any of the present leaders in the World today.

So God has restored my fortunes, and I have a new family now, not unlike Job. I am here to learn, and to find a Islamic name...

that is the long version, hope you all haven't fallen asleep yet.. ^_^ oh yes Cat Stevens was a haunting singer in my youth, I am not suprised to find him now Yousef Islam...

PropellerAds

Assalamo alaikum

Dear brother, welcome to the Islamic forum, and most importantly, welcome to Islam, the best way of life there is.

It was a pleasure to read your reversion story and how you finally came to the right path. However, you seem to need a little adjustment. Shia is not real Islam, it is a sect with many deviations and methods. Real Islam, which you can read a lot about here, is based only on The Quran and sunnah of prophet Muhammad (pbuh) (sunnah is following what the prophet did and said). Real Islam has no sects or deviations. The danger of such sects comes from their following of other people's sayings and doings. In this forum, we promote only real Islam, and I honestly advise you to stick only to the Quran and sunnah of our beloved prophet :sl:

In your story, a shia forum was mentioned, suggesting that you probably wrote it there then made a copy here. I'm glad that you found your way here, but please take my advise and do not read from shia resources. This is specially important for a revert, because you should get your authentic facts right from the start, otherwise it may be hard for you later on to leave the many innovations and deviations that such sects take you to.

May Allah AlMighty guide you always to the right path, and enlighten your heart with non other than the Quran and sunnah, ameen.

Assalamo alaikum

Dear brother, welcome to the Islamic forum, and most importantly, welcome to Islam, the best way of life there is.

It was a pleasure to read your reversion story and how you finally came to the right path. However, you seem to need a little adjustment. Shia is not real Islam, it is a sect with many deviations and methods. Real Islam, which you can read a lot about here, is based only on The Quran and sunnah of prophet Muhammad (pbuh) (sunnah is following what the prophet did and said). Real Islam has no sects or deviations. The danger of such sects comes from their following of other people's sayings and doings. In this forum, we promote only real Islam, and I honestly advise you to stick only to the Quran and sunnah of our beloved prophet :sl:

In your story, a shia forum was mentioned, suggesting that you probably wrote it there then made a copy here. I'm glad that you found your way here, but please take my advise and do not read from shia resources. This is specially important for a revert, because you should get your authentic facts right from the start, otherwise it may be hard for you later on to leave the many innovations and deviations that such sects take you to.

May Allah AlMighty guide you always to the right path, and enlighten your heart with non other than the Quran and sunnah, ameen.

Hi

Yes I did copy this from where I had composed it at the shia site. I have recently begun a study of shia and sunni. Thank you for your comments and welcome.

salam alekumÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã

congratulation brother Mubarak........

welcome to Islam.and welocme to ur family here..... inshallah u benefit from here