Islamic Forum
- IQRA -

Answering Back- (like A Muslim)

:D

This may seem like a selfish topic, but i initially started it to help me, but if there are other members in the same boat, then AlhamduLILAH..

inshALLAH i was hoping we could post up, answers/replies to non-muslims, when a non-muslim asks a question directly; then how do you answer back like a 100% Muslim? showing the true colours of Islam and not letting you're personality give Islam a bad name

e.g. i was listening to a Sheikh from Islam channel and he was giving advice of how to be 'kind', and he gave an example that a man stepped on his foot-so the Shiekh went upto the person and said "sorry for my foot getting in the way" and so the man said 'sorry' back, but if the Shiekh asked him 'hav'nt you got 2 eyes' the conversation could have ended up in an argument- and may even give Islam a bad name. Astaghfirulla

e.g no. 2. The sheikh was also asked about Rasullallah :D by a non-muslim, so the Sheikh described the personality & character of Rasullallah :D, and then asked the non-muslim- 'What do you think of him?'. The man replied...'He sounds like a great Man' (Rasullallah :D) mashALLAH.

I dont know if this is the case for anyone here, but usually when a non-muslim does ask me a question about Islam, i sometimes dont know the best answer to give them.

so ...What questions have you been asked? and Whats the smartest reply you've givin? (within the limits of Islam)

[sorry for the long post]

PropellerAds

:D excellent topic! :D

I was asked by a Hindu (I think), "How can a God exist that you cannot see or touch?" (He asked this as he worships an idol and Muslims worship Allah whom cannot be seen or touched).

So I asked, "Can you touch or see Death?"

He answered, "No."

I asked, "Do you believe in Death?"

He answered, "Yes."

I answered, "Therefore you know Death exists even though you cannot see it or touch it, just like we know Allah exists even though we cannot see Him or touch Him."

After that he was lost for words! :D

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

I was asked by a Hindu (I think), "How can a God exist that you cannot see or touch?" (He asked this as he worships an idol and Muslims worship Allah whom cannot be seen or touched).

He answered, "No."

He answered, "Yes."

I answered, "Therefore you know Death exists even though you cannot see it or touch it, just like we know Allah exists even though we cannot see Him or touch Him."

---------------------

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

mwhahahahahahahahahahahah :D

He answered, "No."

He answered, "Yes."

---------------------

(www.)"http://hstrial-besmail.homestead/Islam.html"]hstrial-besmail.homestead/Islam.html[/url]

Obviously that Hindu was not too bright. The same can be said about gamma radiation, neutrinos, and the Wizard of Oz.

mashALLAH...excellent reply!!

so anymore smart replies for growing a sunnah beard? or wearing the Hijab?

mashALLAH...excellent reply!!

so anymore smart replies for growing a sunnah beard? or wearing the Hijab?

Once we met this uncle after a long time. After seeing my brother, he went: "I saw on Toronto Star today how Canada was becoming a terrorist hub... why do you have to grow such long beard...there are so many Muslims clean shaven" etc. My brother simply smiled back and said, "We should follow the Prophet (peace be upon him) as he is our prime example...what people do in reality shouldn't matter at all : )". The uncle didnt say anything after that.

salam

once a girl asked me if i hate jesus/ isa (peace be upon him)

then i said no i love him as much as i love muhammad (peace be upon him).

she just didnt say anything then

here is a story i read nd i find the answer of the man really good

Face or Feet?

Once a Muslim scholar was flying to a country with an airplane. When the time for salah came, he went to the bathroom to make wudhu (ablution). Since, the bathrooms in airplanes are very small, he had to open the door to lift up his foot to the sink. An air hostess came to him and told him not to wash his feet in the sink because they are dirty. The scholar calmly asked the hostess "How many times do you wash your face?" The hostess replied "Usually once or twice." Then the scholar replied "I wash my feet five times a day for prayers. Therefore, my feet are cleaner than your face."

hehe..mashALLAH...

Face or Feet?

Once a Muslim scholar was flying to a country with an airplane. When the time for salah came, he went to the bathroom to make wudhu (ablution). Since, the bathrooms in airplanes are very small, he had to open the door to lift up his foot to the sink. An air hostess came to him and told him not to wash his feet in the sink because they are dirty. The scholar calmly asked the hostess "How many times do you wash your face?" The hostess replied "Usually once or twice." Then the scholar replied "I wash my feet five times a day for prayers. Therefore, my feet are cleaner than your face."

SubhanALLAH...so true..

Asalmualakum

So far, I see that non-muslims have very few counters!

Unfortunately for me I was the speechless one! :D

A while back, I was asked by a Hindu: "If God loves everone why would he allow Muslim women to get raped?"

I didn't have reply then, and I don't have one now :D

Edited by peacelover

I'll give you an answer for that:

Allah gave humans some free will to act upon. If they do good they are rewarded and if they do bad they are punished. Allah has forbidden rape, whether the woman was Muslim or not. If someone did rape a woman he will be punished, if not on this Earth then definitely on judgment day where he will give the woman the rewards of any good deeds he has done, if he has done none then he will take some of the woman's bad deeds.

Now as to why Allah did not prevent it in the first place, well for the same reason that Allah does not prevent earthquakes, natural disasters, accidents…etc.: some people are meant to die at certain minutes and Allah creates reasons for that, some people are meant to go through hardship for a variety of reasons: in order to gain additional "good deed credits" for being patient and putting their trust in God, or for helping others in need despite their own hardship, or in order to erase some of the smaller sins (hardship erases sins), or to test others through their hardship, or because they deserve it as a punishment for a great sin….etc. Last but not least, sometimes people put themselves at the wrong place in the wrong time! A very long list of possible reasons exists; or maybe it was a combination of reasons.

In all cases, the woman must put her trust in God anyway because she will be revenged, if not in this life then definitely in the other.

Just keep in mind, if the person is genuinely asking it will be easy to convince him, but a lot of questions from non Muslims are just for arguing, they just want YOU to believe (sometimes feel) you are wrong, others are meant as insults not as questions. If the person is not genuinely asking, just say: for the same reason YOUR GOD allows that to happen to women of your religion (provided he has a god).

As a member once told me: "do not deprive us of your salutations!" :D

Asalmualakum Sister

I truly appreciate your thorough response to this question that stumps me; you have answered every side. Jazakallah khair. I will use this info tor the future inshallah.

A while back, I was asked by a Hindu: "If God loves everone why would he allow Muslim women to get raped?"

I didn't have reply then, and I don't have one now :D

Assalam-ul-Alaikum,

The same thing can happen to "Hindu" women. What's his point? This is the sort of question an atheist/agnostic would ask. :D

Edited by Muezza

It's the cat lady!

Yeah. :D And you're the marriage rant guy right? Anyway, back on topic.

O_O Shhhh... You are not meant to talk about the M word! >_<

Ohhh, I'm so sorry! :D

Salam,

Some Jehova's Witnesses came to my door. I opened it carefully, not knowing who was there. It ended up being two old ladies. They assumed I was a Christian or a Jew because of my pale face. They immediately said 'Jesus always loves you did you know that?'. I replied, 'Yes I do know that'. Then they ranted on about how polite I was for teenager, and I told them it was my religion that taught my good manners. Of course, they assume it was Christianity.

So finally, they gave me a few leaflets about Science & Christianity and The Youth & Christianity, which I accepted to read, and they started to leave. Before they left, they asked me what my name was. When I told them my name was Mohammed their faces turned to shock horror and they walked away. Hardly a bad impression of Islam?

TP

mashALLAH...good replies...

jazak Allah khairun for the stories/incidents...keep them coming, inshALLAH.

I once asked a muslim colleague what he thought about the Ken Bigley beheading, fully expecting a contrived and formulate condemnation. He preceeded with great excitement to find video of said incident on his phone!!

I told him i thought he was sick for keeping the video as a trophy, to which he replied, and i quote..."It's my sister's phone"!!

Now that is a great comeback!!

Hi...

interesting..

hmm thats the problem when people say they are muslim (by name) yet they act in a completely unislamic way.

Hi...

interesting..

hmm thats the problem when people say they are muslim (by name) yet they act in a completely unislamic way.

Dont condem a particular person before you know all the sides to the story, maybe he is ill informed (thinks that something is true when it isnt), or maybe he knows more than we do. Allahu A'lam.

salam,

i wear niqaab and once i was in asda and i was just waiting in queue and this lady was making all these comments like " These women send back womens right by thousands of years" etc and so on....... entertaining the crowd at my expense :D

i didnt say nothing until she said she aint got no rights.... i replied if you've got rights to wear what you want and women got rights to walk around half naked then i have got the right to cover my body/face. she was shocked not because of my answer but because i could speak english, her face went bright red and she was gobsmaked :D

Wassalam

Edited by muslimah24

:D I have two things to say about this:

1) One time me and my akhi were at a shawarma joint in Windsor a week before the Super Bowl. All the sudden, in walks Tony Siragusa (a famous football player) and three other football players. My friend has a thick beard, so one of them said "What are you guys, Al Qaeda?" So he replied "No, we're Al-Canada." :D

2) If someone asks you, "why can't I go to Mecca?" I would say "Oh, you can go. But you have to say the password."