Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
VivaEuropa

How Is This Peaceful?

I recently just got off my suspension to this site...I am completely clueless as to why I was suspended...unless its agaisnt to rule to voice and opinion that isnt 100%pro-Islam..because thats all I did!

Anyways...

Buring churches, homes, and uttering death threats to innocent people? I know many muslims are against these actions but one thign remains. These people are doing these terible things to defend Islam and that these actions are justified. How can a religion be deadset against violence but at the same time be birthed by conquest and even today be followed as a violent reigion? I know many Muslims follow it peacefully...but the fact that the Quran tells Muslims to kill over somethig so simple is only showing the awful side of the relgion...the one that these cartoons were depicting. These religion...without a doubt has two very opposite sides. Especially clear when we even have Imams giving rewards for the slaying of the cartoonist.

Peaceful protests are better but I think this has draggedon long enough. This satire is not a hate crime. What is so hateful? The joke that jst abotu every minority has faced? It is nto a hate crime until someone suggests violence or harm to a certain group or clealry shows hate towards that group that will have others possibly follow the hate..that is racism. Most of the anger from westerners isnt from what they read in the comics...its the violent reactio nthat they saw on tv...week after week.

I better not get suspended for this...I will state this one more tiem incase you didnt notice. I do not think all muslims are violent, I dont hate all muslims, I only hate the ones that see it as a violent religion and will kill innocent people over a CARTOON! I know these peopel arent evil...they are just brainwashed...in the wrong way.

moved from political front by Zeinab

PropellerAds

VivaEuropa ignorance is so apparent in your post.

but the fact that the Quran tells Muslims to kill over somethig so simple is only showing the awful side of the relgion

Give us a quote where does it say the above?? ignorance really does not have any limits!

One that does not have true faith in their hearts will never understand the hurt those insulting cartoons caused..end of.

You coulda just pmed the mod who suspended you instead of writting all that psycho babble.

History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated.

I saw this comment on the side of this webiste...This relates to my topic. History makes it clear...so historians are lying when they say it expandd by the sword? Whos history says it happened willingly and peacfully? Islamic historians? I beg to differ..well some hisotrians may exagerate with just hw brutal the conquests where...it wasnt like all the people willingly converted...if that was the case then Islam wouldnt have need a conquest to begin with.

Current events today even show that many have a violent beleif in Islam...liek any othr conquest..they conquered..and converted, some willingly but many but force. :D

I didnt literally mean it says in the Quran to kill peope, over simple things...thats just how many muslims seem to translate the Quran...heck I cant read arabic so I cant read it...since amny muslims also belive that a non arabic Quran is blaspemy.

Im not iggnorant..the violent muslims must be the ignorant ones...they are not allowed to learn the truth and peaceful way if they are taught violence is the awnswer..its sad.

Fool oops sorry professor of history can you answer my question? or are you one of those ####

Can you tell me which Muslims armies went to Indonesia? Maylaysia? United Snakes of Amerika, China etc or are you talking out of the thing that you sit on??

Edit: This post violates rule 22

Edited by Allah's Slave

Nice how you assume Im white trsh..thats wrong. I actually have studied these thignsinstead of onyl beliving in one side of an argument...I cant follwo both. Its not proven just what happened durign th conquests...but its not all happy and willing. What armies??? Hmm I do recal Islam conquered Norther africa and the middle east..destroying empires such as the Persians..And to day that the peoples of those lands took willingly to Islam is a longshot..sure it may have happend but they did have to force it on many...

I didnt literally mean it says in the Quran to kill peope, over simple things...thats just how many muslims seem to translate the Quran...heck I cant read arabic so I cant read it...since amny muslims also belive that a non arabic Quran is blaspemy.

Really I am not an Arab so you dont have to be an Arab to know arabic..why dont you instead of talking nonsense actually read the Quran and then comeback to see if Muslims are ignorant or is it YOU who is brainwashed.

All I am saying is Islam is not 100% peaceful..and there is alot of room for violent "misunderstnading" that many muslims seem to follow!

My point is...that many muslims see that as blaspemous...arabic to many isa the onyl language it is allowed in. So they will hate me for not tryign..and hate me for trying? I have read abotu Islam in books...not the ACTUAL quran..so im not ignorant!

Do you know what ignorant means? Many muslism ARE ignornat...but I dont mean it as "stupid" as in...many cant rad so they can onyl know what people tell them..even the oens that can read are onyl told to intrrperit it in a certain way...iggnorance is not stupidity..its just lack of complete knowledg of "both sides"

Nice how you assume Im white trsh..thats wrong.

ohh right this is wrong is it? just exercising my "freedom of speech" :D

How can Muslims force Islam on anyone when in the Quran..Allah(swt) says :-

Allah says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.†[sûrah al-Baqarah: 256]
Allah says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.†[sûrah al-Baqarah: 256]

Good to see yo uexersize your freedom....to bad many muslism exersize it too...but once it scomes to the comic NOOO bad freedom of speech...you have to take it on both side...and I meant by wrong is...that IM NOT WHITE TRASH..so you wrong.

Good...the quran is agaisnt forceful conversion....but accordign to many its also agaisnt violence...thats my point..peopel take it so many ways that..just because its in the quran dosnt make it so...the conquest did happen...so right there is a violent act...peopel dotn just flip flop to different religons all the time..

Once again ill state....Islam has more than one side...thankfully the peacful oen seems more numerous!

I have read abotu Islam in books...not the ACTUAL quran..so im not ignorant!

Which books, ohh those written by hrmmmm..have you read the translated Quran in English? give me you address and I will send you one free of charge, maybe you will understand better instead of the brainwashing that you have experienced.

Islam has more than one side

How do you know when you have never read the Quran or the Sunnah or even sat with a proper praticising Muslim/s to learn about this beautifull way of life. All you have seen is the mistranslated text by the media or some minority weirdos on the tv and think they represent Islam..go on learn boy it will be good for you.

How do you know when you have never read the Quran or the Sunnah or even sat with a proper praticising Muslim/s to learn about this beautifull way of life. All you have seen is the mistranslated text by the media or some minority weirdos on the tv and think they represent Islam..go on learn boy it will be good for you.

Calling someone "boy" is sure to make him see your point of view. Congrats.

I recently just got off my suspension to this site...I am completely clueless as to why I was suspended...unless its agaisnt to rule to voice and opinion that isnt 100%pro-Islam..because thats all I did!

Anyways...

Buring churches, homes, and uttering death threats to innocent people? I know many muslims are against these actions but one thign remains. These people are doing these terible things to defend Islam and that these actions are justified. How can a religion be deadset against violence but at the same time be birthed by conquest and even today be followed as a violent reigion? I know many Muslims follow it peacefully...but the fact that the Quran tells Muslims to kill over somethig so simple is only showing the awful side of the relgion...the one that these cartoons were depicting. These religion...without a doubt has two very opposite sides. Especially clear when we even have Imams giving rewards for the slaying of the cartoonist.

Peaceful protests are better but I think this has draggedon long enough. This satire is not a hate crime. What is so hateful? The joke that jst abotu every minority has faced? It is nto a hate crime until someone suggests violence or harm to a certain group or clealry shows hate towards that group that will have others possibly follow the hate..that is racism. Most of the anger from westerners isnt from what they read in the comics...its the violent reactio nthat they saw on tv...week after week.

I better not get suspended for this...I will state this one more tiem incase you didnt notice. I do not think all muslims are violent, I dont hate all muslims, I only hate the ones that see it as a violent religion and will kill innocent people over a CARTOON! I know these peopel arent evil...they are just brainwashed...in the wrong way.

maybe we should keep the topic titel and change the subject into Democracy instead of Islam, maybe that would make a little more sense.

Good to see yo uexersize your freedom....to bad many muslism exersize it too...but once it scomes to the comic NOOO bad freedom of speech...you have to take it on both side...and I meant by wrong is...that IM NOT WHITE TRASH..so you wrong.

Good...the quran is agaisnt forceful conversion....but accordign to many its also agaisnt violence...thats my point..peopel take it so many ways that..just because its in the quran dosnt make it so...the conquest did happen...so right there is a violent act...peopel dotn just flip flop to different religons all the time..

Once again ill state....Islam has more than one side...thankfully the peacful oen seems more numerous!

the conquest did happen, but was different then any other conquests History have witnessed, Peopel embaraced Islam because of the peacefulness of the conquests not because of its violence. If it was because of its violence, the world was to be all mongols, (they had the biggest empire the history ever witnessed).

You truely need to Read, Read, Read, Read and read some more buddy, but behold make sure you read both sides! :D

Peopel these days :D

kk, I'm gonna toss a tid bit of info at you that my uncle gave to me a while back. He's a very religious man and he was also the first one to make me double think my attacks on religion.

He told me that men by their nature take what they need from religion so long as it is useful to them and discard the rest. Why else would women be treated like second rate crap in Saudi Arabia under so called Islamic rule? Is it the religions that demands they be treated like this?

The time that I've spent with some of my muslim friends, and this forum in particular have let me say conclusively "The society in Saudi Arabia is terrible and it is by no means Islamic".

A halfassed muslim, is not a muslim. I hope you can relate this to everything u first said.

P.S. Don't read history, it's boring - read philosphy! :D

Edited by 3dshocker

Buring churches, homes, and uttering death threats to innocent people? I know many muslims are against these actions but one thign remains. These people are doing these terible things to defend Islam and that these actions are justified. How can a religion be deadset against violence but at the same time be birthed by conquest and even today be followed as a violent reigion? I know many Muslims follow it peacefully...but the fact that the Quran tells Muslims to kill over somethiTg so simple is only showing the awful side of the relgion...the one that these cartoons were depicting. These religion...without a doubt has two very opposite sides. Especially clear when we even have Imams giving rewards for the slaying of the cartoonist.

Hey, VivaE. Did you read the rules, and ask a moderator about your suspension?

Those actions are justified by...who? The people themselves? The Muslims? Qur'an/Hadith, Etc? Clarify, please?

Islam was not 'birthed by conquest'---and if I'm wrong, then please state cite-able sources. :D

Those cartoons were not depicting an awful side of Islam, they were depicting how low the newspaper was willing to hit in order to outrage Muslims. In my opinion, of course. This religion has no opposite sides the way you say it. The Muslims have issues, not Islam.

What is so hateful? This is the man (PBUH) Muslims are willing to do anything for, and they insulted him (PBUH); last I checked, 1.5 billion capita wasn't a minority (speaking of which, only about 20% of those people are Arabs and can understand Arabic). And the accusation of The Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) being a terrorist (and other things, besides) has nothing to do with harm or hate directed towards Muslims, which will have others possibly following that hate? Ever seen an anti-Semitic cartoon from the '30s?

Actually, in this post, that was the only time you mentioned you didn't hate all Muslims and etc.

Oh, & 3d's uncle is right on the money. :D

~Anya.

Salamu Alaikum,

I have got to agree with you 3d(or his uncle), that in every religion the most dominant people are the people who accept parts of their religion that suit them and then reject others (in christianity and judaism, change what was originally there). Even in Islam, we have people who will accept somethings and then pervert or reject other things. Like music is haram, no doubt about it, but some muslims willl try to prove it okay, and say that "some scholars say that music is halal" Blah blah blah. I have too say for myself first, I do not follow Islam to the extent it should be followed, and I resent that, and trying to change it just like every other muslim should. We should accept Islam as a whole and not pick and choose.

Salamu Alaikum

P.S. VivaE, your posts really don't show any understanding of knowledge and no offense, but it gets confusing to read with your spelling, that is the only reason I don't write in slang, so everyone understands what I am trying to say.

Edited by alim_in_training

Salamu Alaikum,

Even in Islam, we have people who will accept somethings and then pervert or reject other things. Like music is haram, no doubt about it, but some muslims willl try to prove it okay, and say that "some scholars say that music is halal" Blah blah blah. I have too say for myself first, I do not follow Islam to the extent it should be followed, and I resent that, and trying to change it just like every other muslim should. We should accept Islam as a whole and not pick and choose.

Salamu Alaikum

It's not only that some people pick and choose but also that they interpret differently.

About the music thing, good example...I can refer you to some Fatwas that actually support music being halal. Because Quran can't explicitly tell you if listening to Hot 97 (radio station) is haram any more than if wearing Nike sneakers is Halal,...

The point is that it's particular to the time and era it was revealed and open to interpretations in today's context. For it's impossible for a book to hold every intricate detail of the everchanging human conduct. fact remains that the word of God may not change but the interpretations do as human conduct, lnaguage etc, change.(including Arabic).

For example gambling is Haram, but what about insurance? there is no mention of insurance in quran since it's a new concept.and. Here is the open interpretation that I spoke of, some people consider gambling same as insurance, and therefore consider it haram. Others argue that insurance is not gambling thus the rule doesn't apply.

Peace

kk, I'm gonna toss a tid bit of info at you that my uncle gave to me a while back. He's a very religious man and he was also the first one to make me double think my attacks on religion.

He told me that men by their nature take what they need from religion so long as it is useful to them and discard the rest. Why else would women be treated like second rate crap in Saudi Arabia under so called Islamic rule? Is it the religions that demands they be treated like this?

The time that I've spent with some of my muslim friends, and this forum in particular have let me say conclusively "The society in Saudi Arabia is terrible and it is by no means Islamic".

A halfassed muslim, is not a muslim. I hope you can relate this to everything u first said.

P.S. Don't read history, it's boring - read philosphy! :D

peace and love

so how many years u have been there in saudi arabia? describe some activities that been disliked by you, i brought up in saudi arabia, let me compare it with you.

moreover its good to know u like reading philosophy, i hope u have the idea of hasty generalization, do not blame any religion as a whole for one or two ignorant, blame not ur car but u coz u hit it.

indeed ignorance really does not have any limits!, lol, do not blame urself and The God why ur all fingers arent the same. loooooooooool :D

Hi Viva

Islam has no two sides ...

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islambasics(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/view.php?bkID=120"]Read Quran here[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_calltoislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=29"]Who is Allah and What do Muslims beleive about God[/url]

Also check out my signature