Islamic Forum
noxiouspython

Ucas

:D

brothers and sisters...

ould anyone please tell me where to put my bachealor details.... I have done one year of BSc and want to put that in but don't know where????

It is an London University external program (i did it in pakistan), so where should i put it.

Also i have done matric and some subjects of O'level as well. (actually i just did three for checking out) so do you reckon i should put them in there as well????? Wasn't that bad :D

Anyhow, could anyone please help me. And what to write in my personal statement??? I mean i've never written one :D

Would really appricaite you help :D

w/salaam

PropellerAds

I don't know about the rest of your query but here are a few links on how to write a personal statement:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.le.ac.uk/careers/personalstatement.html"]how to write a personal statement[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.studential(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/guide/write_personal_statement.htm"]another one..[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.dur.ac.uk/resources/undergraduate/apply/personalstatement/personal%20statement%20approved%20by%20TLC.pdf"]How to write an effective personal statement[/url]

It doesn't have to be too long, I think there is a maximum word count.

Also when you've written a first draft, maybe you could post it in here and some of us can take a look at it inshaAllah, and help you improve it.

:D sister :D

i will post my try but don't laugh at me :D

w/salaam

If you've written a first draft you can post it in this thread and inshaAllah I'll grammar check it for you, and suggest any improvements (if it requires any).

I don't think anybody would laugh, I know its a bit awkward though because its a bit embarrasing having to 'big yourself up' so much...

I think O Level's are like GCSEs (age 14-16).

They may have an option for "other" , can you use that?

You can post your personal statement here or PM/email to me.

:D brothers and sisters for your help.

I think i should clarify one point here. You see, Matric is same as O'level. Ok. It is the Pakistnai equallent of O'level. I have done matric, but also for some reason did three subjects of O'level (for checking). and i was asking that whether i should post it or not the result was not that bad!

w/salaam

If you are not comfortable brother, pm ahm or emel privately.

:D sister, I'll do just that :D

I was worried how to paste my personal statement, you know :D

w/salaam

Salaam,

I worked for UCAS for 2 years in customer services, so any questions either ask ehre or phone the customer service number.

Assuming you are filling in the online form then you should put you bsc in 'other'. If your Bsc is not certificated and you will never get a completed qualification, you should endevor to make that clear.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

I have one more question,

as i have done an external degree (one year), do i put the name of e.g. london Uni or the name of institue where i did it???? and if the name of institue then where do i mention that it was an external program.

w/salaam

One very important question. Could someone please tell me where to mention that i want admission in the second year i.e. a credit transfer.

w/salaam

salaam,

on the 'courses' section it askes for point of enrty. write the number two.

peace and love

DARLA

ps: feedback on personal statement soon

oh this whole UCAS thing! i applied for uni in october, i had to change my personal statement 3-4 times cuz i wrote too many words! thank goodness that's sorted!!! u can apply online now, it's better cuz if u make mistakes u can adjust it quick and easy!

All the best with your application brother...

wasalams

Your application number is ------------

Login again soon to see your password for ucastrack (the UCAS Applicant Enquiry Service).

So do i only wait not until the passward comes? How long will it be... its been like a 3-4 days with this message...

w/salaam

Salaam,

if you use that log-in number (it should be 06-xxxxxx-x) and the same password you used for UCASapply in UCAStrack then it will work. Do NOT put in the hyphens when typing your application number into track.

The password for track will not be posted in apply. UCAS will be sending you out the AS2 welcome letter which will confirm what I've said. In the UK that letter takes about 3 working days to arrive.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Thankyou for your reply. :D

what is the site?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ucastrack(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ucastrack(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url] ? this...

w/salaam

Salaam,

no, that's completely thw wrong site. All of the UCAS site uses the UCAS logo and colourings.

go to www.ucas(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

on the left there is a menu.

click track.

that's the one you want.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Thankyou for the help, i appricaite it very much.

w/salaam