Islamic Forum
mintyfresh

To Kill A Mocking Bird

:D

i need to know what types of prejudice are in the book. obviously racism but any other subtle ones?

ps if anyone knows about post war poetry (i.e. Rupert Brooke and Wilfred Owen) DONT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME!

PropellerAds

LOL Abu Sulaiman, our WAR POETRY :D final draft is in for tomorrow!!!!!!

i'm soo stuck lol, don't know what to write! If we don't do it Mrs Frost will submit our first draft grade (mine wasn't a very good one!)

Ohh!!!

I hope i'm not too late.

We just finished a whole topic about this novel - and i'm telling ya, it's one of a kind.

We've got an essay exam that revolve around the issue of racism and prejudice the monday coming up.

Anyhow, let's hope these notes will give you a hand:

You can talk about Racism and Prejudice / discrimination as a whole; the tension between the African and White Americans; and the way African Americans were treated in Maycomb County; and the dominant racial views towards African Americans during the 1930s and in Maycomb County.

Then you can give examples of characters who faced racist and discriminative attitudes and note incidence that deal with these issues.

Example:

Tom Robinson - who was falsely accused of raping a white girl, and the discrimination that his wife received soon after he died.

Scout and Jem - the discrimination they received from neighbors (miss Dubose) and friends (who called their dad "niger lover")

You can also talk about the "loss of innocence" which also results from racism and discrimination. Tom Robinson, for example, is one of those characters who lost their innocence by what he was accused of.

If there is anything you don't understand in the novel, the following is a great website to seek help from:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.cliffsnotes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/WileyCDA/LitNote/id-143.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.cliffsnotes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/WileyCDA/LitNote/id-143.html[/url]

Just keep in mind plagiarism :D

Wassalmaou Alaicom wr wb

As Salaam Alaikum

What about discrimination against BOO radley?