Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BarryBob

All Nighter..!

As-Salaamu-'Alaikum,

I'm going to have to do an all-nighter of studying tonight. Problem is that I'm not too good at motivating myself to work. Any tips brothers and sisters? :D

PropellerAds

:D

Don't do it!

Honestly akhie, its not conducive to learning at all. I pulled one last year before my exams and the next day I was like a zombie (started hallucinating around 4pm....its no good.)

Do you have a busy day tomorrow? If so I advise you to at least get a few hrs sleep.

If you still insist on doing it, keep some black coffee next to you and work till an hour before fajr, pray tahhajud, make lots of dua, then pray fajr.

Edited by emel

Wa-'Alaikum-Salaam,

Jazak'Allah, good advice there! Its a project that I will be working on. Insha'Allah I'll get a few hours sleep; that was the plan.

Thankyou for the prompt response.

PS: If you have any relation to the magazine, :D well-done. It's good stuff! (emel magazine)

No relation to the magazine although I do enjoy reading it :D

Maybe you could tell us what your project is about and someone could help you out.

All the best inshaAllah akhie...

Jazak'ALLAHu khairan sister... its sociological research. The relationship between ethnicity and eductional attainment!

I can do it, the problem is that it is time consuming! Thanks for all the advice. Ma'assalaama!

Sounds interesting...I was in a similar situation about 6 weeks ago. I had to finish a 3000 word essay, and stayed up most of the night. Make sure you make up for the missed sleep tomorrow. Allah Ma'ak

try drinking red bull..it gives you wings :D

or you could try slapping yourself with a fish...

lol

I wouldnt recommend all nighters because its not productive...but if you have to...id say stay away from the caffiene because you will crash after a short time.

Just take short breaks frequently to keep your mind fresh, you could eat fresh fruit or maybe some carbs to keep u awake. But stay away from the caffiene because you run the risk of having a throbbing headache, just drink water.

Insha'Allah it will be fine...

:D :D Well i'm on the other side of the spectrum. Not that i'd recommend an all nighter, but most of my work was done between the hours of 10pm and 7am in school. There's really no good strategy aside from staying away from distractions like TV and the internet.

You will get tired, and eventually learn to control that to the point where you forget what it's like to be tired or not tired.

Just be strong and focused, and you'll get done 5 minutes late :D You can sleep after class, wake up at 11pm and stay up all night again :D

Terrible advice, but if you're going to stay up anyway you might as well have confidence in knowing it can be done successfully.

AS

Tell you what, you shouldnt be in this situation in the first place..

but...........................

what helps is having some lively company, a big jug of coffee, proper bright lights and ofcourse correct sitting posture!

Edited by Hasib

As-Salaamu-Alaikum,

For the record, the all-nighter of study was fine, but as aforementioned above, unproductive. However, I completed the assignment. AlhamdulilLah.

Water was the only necessary fluid.

Problem is that I was feeling a slightly aching neck at Dhuhr. It's fine now.

Thanks for your advice, insha'Allah it'll benefit others!

salam

me too wana do dat

stay awake like till 3 am nd study but how do u manage to stay awake dat long?

i just drift off. its so hard to stay awake for dat long but wut can u do to be awake

you could try drinkig coke it gets you hyper and then you can have fun while revising!! :D

nah seriously just pray and then keep doing wudhu everytime you feel sleepy. or you could try not eating cold food.

Somethimes I stay awake without even having to pull an all nighter. Can't fall asleep. I agree that they are not productive if you're studying for a test, but if you're doing homework, then they usually are.

Somethimes I stay awake without even having to pull an all nighter. Can't fall asleep. I agree that they are not productive if you're studying for a test, but if you're doing homework, then they usually are.

Wa-'Alaikum-Salaam,

I completely agree with you. I would never rocommend an all-nighter for revision, because that'll be bad for your test the following day. But when it comes to homework/assignments etc, they're worthwhile. There is a great sense of relief once completed! B)

Assalam o allaikum,

Allah SWT says in Quran,

78:10 and made the night [its] cloak

æóÌóÚóáúäóÇ Çááøóíúáó áöÈóÇÓðÇ

So, spend your night to rest for Allah SWT has made it for rest (libas - covering - protecting)

78:11 and made the day [a symbol of] life. [6]

æóÌóÚóáúäóÇ ÇáäøóåóÇÑó ãóÚóÇÔðÇ

And, spend your day to earn livelihood ( or whatever your profession is)

Wassalam

:D :D

This is, obviously, the truth. The best way, the sunnah way, to complete our tasks is to pray fajr in congregation and work from then until zuhr. At zuhr a nap is optional and sunnah :D

AS

in the summer...2:00 am to 1:00pm !!!

wow how long does that nap have to be after Dhuhr?

As-Salaamu-'Alaikum,

Currently, I'm procrastinating...

Me gotsta memorise 40 Eonomics definitions for tomorrow morning! :D

BismilLah...

Salaam,

definately agree with the water vs coffee point. Crash so badly at about 4am with caffine and dont wake up unitl 1pm!

If you start feeling tired, have a glass of water. wait for a minute to let it go down. Then lie on the bed with you head hanging upside down. Sounds silly but it makes the blood go to your head and you feel more awake.

The only other methods I know are illegal :D. I'd stick with hanging upside down.

Oh, make sure your room is nice and cool as well, preferbly with a slight through draft. it stops it being too nice and snug and cosy and warm and...yawn (eyes start going)

Peace and Love,

DARLA

:D when we prostrate our heads to the ground in prayer, it's the only time throughout the day that the blood goes to our head...unless you hang upside down from your bed :D Just another physiological idiosyncracy of Islam :D

And, bro, about the nap...it can be anything from a brief rest of the eyes to full slumber 'til asr time. Do a hadith search about napping insha'Allah :D

AS