Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dzenan

Cartoons At Your School?

:D

What would you do if there were cartoons of the Prophet (saws) in your school/university/workplace?

There were some at a University and there was a 1000 Muslims protesting...

PropellerAds

I've found the article:

Muhammad Cartoons Riles Calif. College

Wednesday March 1, 2006 12:01 PM

AP Photo CASP108

By GILLIAN FLACCUS

Associated Press Writer

IRVINE, Calif. (AP) - A student panel discussion that included a display of the Prophet Muhammad cartoons descended into chaos, with one speaker calling Islam an ``evil religion'' and audience members nearly coming to blows.

Organizers of Tuesday night's forum at the University of California, Irvine said they showed the cartoons as part of a larger debate on Islamic extremism.

But several hundred protesters, including members of the Muslim Student Union, argued the event was the equivalent of hate speech disguised as freedom of expression.

Although there were numerous heated exchanges, no violence was reported.

The panel, which included one Muslim speaker, was sponsored by the College Republicans and the United American Committee, a group that says it promotes awareness of internal threats facing America.

During the discussion in a nearly packed 424-seat campus auditorium, six cartoons were displayed: three depicting Muhammad and three anti-Semitic cartoons.

The discussion got off to a contentious start with the Council on American-Islamic Relations - an invited guest - boycotting the event and calling the United American Committee a ``fringe group.''

Tensions quickly escalated when the Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, founder of the conservative Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny, said that Islam was an ``evil religion'' and that all Muslims hate America.

People repeatedly interrupted the talk and, at one point, campus police removed two men, one of them a Muslim, after they nearly came to blows.

Later, panelists were cheered when they referred to Muslims as fascists and accused mainstream Muslim-American civil rights groups of being ``cheerleaders for terror.''

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-5655287,00.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/stor...5655287,00.html[/url]

what a muslim should do in case a student is walking around with a tshirt that insults the prophet or something like that, the answer is simple:

The judgment of the Shari‘ah regarding someone who curses or disparages the Prophet. QADI ‘IYAD IBN MUSA AL-YAHSUBI, one of the greatest of the Fuqaha of the School of the ‘Amal of the Ahl al-Madinah, which has been called the ‘Umm al-Madhahib (and which was given precedence in its judgments over all the Madhhabs by Ibn Taymiyya in a renowned book), DECLARED:

“Know that all who curse Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, or blame him or attribute imperfection to him in his person, his lineage, his deen or any of his qualities, or alludes to that or its like by any means whatsoever, whether in the form of a curse or contempt or belittling him or detracting from him or finding fault with him or maligning him, the judgement regarding such a person is the same as the judgement against anyone who curses him. He is killed as we shall make clear. This judgement extends to anything which amounts to a curse or disparagement. We have no hesitation concerning this matter, be it a clear statement or allusion.

The same applies to anyone who curses him, invokes against him, desires to harm him, ascribes to him what does not befit his position or jokes about his mighty affair with foolish talk, satire, disliked words or lies, or reviles him because of any affliction or trial which happened to him or disparages him, because of any of the permissible and well-known human events which happened to him. All of this is the consensus of the ‘ulama' and the imams of fatwa from the time of the Companions until today.

Abu Bakr ibn al-Mundhir said that the bulk of the people of knowledge agree that whoever curses the Prophet is killed. These include Malik ibn Anas, al-Layth, Ahmad ibn Hanbal and Ishaq ibn Rahawayh, and it is the position of the Shafi‘i school. Qadi Abu'l-Fadl said that it is based on the statement of Abu Bakr as-Siddiq. His repentance is not accepted. Something similar was stated by Abu Hanifa and his people, ath-Thawri and the people of Kufa and al-Awza‘i about the Muslims.” [...]

So, if you see someone cursing the prophet or doing any of the above to him, you should be a good muslim and make sure the shariah is followed. Id suggest using a knife because some muslim scholars agree, beheading is a humane form of killing.

Anyways, dont flame me, im not being a smart , im just urging a good muslim such as yourself to follow the shariah and do as Islam commands in this regard.

Edited by anthony19832005

if you're in another country, you have to obey the laws of that country, not Sharia.

people should treat others with respect.

the offender, 'Islam is evil' geek got off easy. when people fail at all levels to respect others, one must engage the lowest form of respect. fear....

like a headmaster with a cane, a cop with his law, a parent with a smack. it is the last resort but in some instances it should be used. if that clown got a punch in the head it would have done him good.

Al-salamu alaikum

So, if you see someone cursing the Prophet (saas) or doing any of the above to him, you should be a good muslim and make sure the shariah is followed. I'd suggest using a knife because some muslim scholars agree, beheading is a humane form of killing.

Anthony19832005

I think anyone who labels Islam as extreme should be beheaded. :D (Joke)

Anthony, you appear to have a childish sense of humour, hence your senseless post. The Law of our Lord, the Shar'iah, is a bit more complex than you imagine I'm afraid. Capital punishment for blasphemy is carried out only within a properly established Sha'riah, by persons in charge of the matter. Vigilantism is abhored in Islam, as Muslims are forbidden from taking the Law into their own hands, especially in a land where Shar'iah is non-existent. Your lack of knowledge of the Islamic religion is a problem, and I'd suggest you get your facts right before making such statements.

You've done a great job of earning the respect of Muslims on this board. :D

Ok let me rephrase, if you see someone badmouthing the prophet INSIDE muslim lands, do not hesitate to kill him. thx for the clarification :-)

P.S. I have the same sense of humor with ppl from other religions too.

Edited by anthony19832005

again, regular people don't have the authority to execute people. Didn't you read Joseph's post?

Edited by dzenan

I doubt something like this would happen in a country with Sharia Law. So there would be no need to report anyone. The purpose of Sharia is deterance, not punishment.

Britain is not run by sharia law, but we still had muslims on the streets of London proclaiming that our "9/11 was on the way", "kill the unbelievers" and celebrating the 7/7 London bombings.

The ironic thing is that Britian did not publish the cartoons!!

My favourite chant had to be the one begging bin laden to bomb Denmark...classic!!

I guess using rubber bullets and water cannons against our loyal and respectful muslim community would be "insensitive".

Had that rally been protesting against muslims, and those placards had read "Islam is evil", "Bomb Mecca" or some other hateful slogan, i'm sure the reaction of the police would have been slightly different to the nonchelont, uninterested shower they put on that day.

Those "protesters" obviously do not fear an adverse reaction from their own community, and why would they?

The authorities must take a tough stance and make an example of these idiots. If they want sharia law, take their passports, kick them off the white cliffs of Dover and let them swim to a country that uses the system.

I wonder if the muslims in Denmark have began to leave in droves...i'm guessing NOT!!

people should treat others with respect.

the offender, 'Islam is evil' geek got off easy. when people fail at all levels to respect others, one must engage the lowest form of respect. fear....

like a headmaster with a cane, a cop with his law, a parent with a smack. it is the last resort but in some instances it should be used. if that clown got a punch in the head it would have done him good.

If one insists upon using fear to instill respect then they must not complain when that fear manifests itself into justification for reprisal.

No doubt there is an element of fear in the west, but this is not a good thing, especially for muslim lands. The fear instilled after 9/11 has cost many thousands of muslim lives.

You may not agree with what the man said.."Islam is evil", but punching him in the head would only have proved his point!

It's rather like the muslims that protested at cartoons depicting muhammed as a terrorist, by setting fire to embassies, issuing bomb threats and calling for the murder.

Does irony mean nothing to these people.

In this case, call security of campus and tell them you are offended and they should take some actions. See your human rights office in campus and complain.

Britain is not run by sharia law, but we still had muslims on the streets of London proclaiming that our "9/11 was on the way", "kill the unbelievers" and celebrating the 7/7 London bombings.

My favourite chant had to be the one begging bin laden to bomb Denmark...classic!!

I guess they were trying to make other feel what they were feeling. After all wasn't it all abt "freedome of speach". That really hurt hu?

I guess they were trying to make other feel what they were feeling. After all wasn't it all abt "freedome of speach". That really hurt hu?

This may come as somewhat of a suprise to you, but incitement to murder is not covered by freedom of speech.

It didn't hurt in the slightest, in fact it proved to be manor from heaven. It made it so much easier to point at a newspaper or TV screen and exclaim .."See, i told you". It was just about perfect. Every hate-filled, screwed up, bearded or scarved face was captured for posterity by our beloved zionist controlled media. Praise be to the mighty zionist controlled media!!

I can't wait for the next protest, i'm taking a camcorder!!

There's nothing quite like watching a foe shoot himself in the foot.

I'm afraid it takes a little more than a placard or a silly cartoon to hurt my feelings. I shan't be calling for murder or burning flags/embassies just yet. I'll leave that sort of nonsense to these imbeciles. It's funny how they're never willing to protest when their own capital city is bombed, but find it in their hearts to subsequently celebrate those very same attacks.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce our "loyal and respectful" muslim community.

Every hate-filled, screwed up, bearded or scarved face was captured for posterity by our beloved zionist controlled media. Praise be to the mighty zionist controlled media!!

Thank god! Atlist we are agreed on something. :D

I'm afraid it takes a little more than a placard or a silly cartoon to hurt my feelings.

Muslims never hurt anyone's feeling so take it easy and have fun! :D

I shan't be calling for murder or burning flags/embassies just yet. I'll leave that sort of nonsense to these imbeciles. It's funny how they're never willing to protest when their own capital city is bombed, but find it in their hearts to subsequently celebrate those very same attacks.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce our "loyal and respectful" muslim community.

Now why you missed that part in media, you have that answer in your post above.

This may come as somewhat of a suprise to you, but incitement to murder is not covered by freedom of speech.

It didn't hurt in the slightest, in fact it proved to be manor from heaven. It made it so much easier to point at a newspaper or TV screen and exclaim .."See, i told you". It was just about perfect. Every hate-filled, screwed up, bearded or scarved face was captured for posterity by our beloved zionist controlled media. Praise be to the mighty zionist controlled media!!

I'm afraid it takes a little more than a placard or a silly cartoon to hurt my feelings. I shan't be calling for murder or burning flags/embassies just yet. I'll leave that sort of nonsense to these imbeciles. It's funny how they're never willing to protest when their own capital city is bombed, but find it in their hearts to subsequently celebrate those very same attacks.

lol, it was a few people, and one of them was arrested. If you hate Muslims so much, why do you even come here?

As salam alaikum

I doubt something like this would happen in a country with Sharia Law. So there would be no need to report anyone. The purpose of Sharia is deterance, not punishment.

--Dzenan

Precisely! There exists divine wisdom behind the Islamic Sha'riah, and prosperity may only be achieved when God-made Law is implemented.

Wa' salaam

Joseph

P.S. Dzenan, if I may ask, are you perchance a Bosnian visitor? :D

Protesting is a waste of time. This is the reason why Muslims shouldn't be in Non-Muslim lands. It leads to fitnah.

I guess using rubber bullets and water cannons against our loyal and respectful muslim community would be "insensitive".

Had that rally been protesting against muslims, and those placards had read "Islam is evil", "Bomb Mecca" or some other hateful slogan, i'm sure the reaction of the police would have been slightly different to the nonchelont, uninterested shower they put on that day.

Those "protesters" obviously do not fear an adverse reaction from their own community, and why would they?

The authorities must take a tough stance and make an example of these idiots. If they want sharia law, take their passports, kick them off the white cliffs of Dover and let them swim to a country that uses the system.

I wonder if the muslims in Denmark have began to leave in droves...i'm guessing NOT!!

I know The Sun doesn't tell you everything, so I'll fill in the gaps.

That pathetic demonstration was held by a very small group and the Police were criticised by Muslim groups for not takig action against them. The official police response claimed they were gathering intelligence on the protesters - and giving press photographers all of the time they needed for that perfect frontpage shot.

Two weeks later there was a much larger demonstration of 10,000+ - protesting againts the cartoons and violent reactions.

Any sensible person would attribute the larger protest to the general Muslim population.

Sensationalists desperate for material would repeat accounts of the smaller protest (less than 50).

As salam alaikum

Precisely! There exists divine wisdom behind the Islamic Sha'riah, and prosperity may only be achieved when God-made Law is implemented.

Wa' salaam

Joseph

P.S. Dzenan, if I may ask, are you perchance a Bosnian visitor? :D

I am

name='dzenan' date='Mar 2 2006, 07:50 PM' post='257000']

lol, it was a few people,

It was only a few people that drew and published those cartoons, before the muslim uproar. Where was the "lol" in that case.

and one of them was arrested.

The idiot who was arrested was dressed as a suicide bomber, complete with imitation bombs! He was lucky not to meet with several entry and exit wounds. The only reason he's behind bars is because he's a drug-dealer who happened to be out on early licence. What an idiot!!

If you hate Muslims so much, why do you even come here?

As for the question 'why i come here', i ask the same of muslims that hate the west but see no contradiction in living here.

I don't hate muslims half as much as most people i know, you can consider me a moderate :D

quote name='friend of all' date='Mar 2 2006, 05:02 PM' post='256856']

Thank god! Atlist we are agreed on something. :D

You agree that the "zionist controlled media" is worthy of praise?

Muslims never hurt anyone's feeling so take it easy and have fun! :D

I think those placards would have been quite hurtful to the families of the victims of those attacks, including mulsim families.

Now why you missed that part in media, you have that answer in your post above.

Oh, so it was the zionist controlled media that covered up the orchastrated muslim protest against the London bombings/bombers. Did they have a blanket ban on cameras during the organised marches and heartfelt slogan chanting? That dastardly zionist controlled media, how rude!!

You have to give them credit though, they managed to cover up the protesting of 1.5 million british muslims, the streets of London must have been packed, yet that pesky zionist controlled media managed to hide it all from the general public.

I suppose they also managed to quell the protests and condemnations on this forum, and as sly as a fox they turned those condemnations into denials and conspiracy theories.

My oh my, i had no idea how evil and sinister this thing was. Damn you zionist controlled media, damn you to hell!!

quote name='Shagird' date='Mar 2 2006, 11:09 PM' post='257160']

I know The Sun doesn't tell you everything, so I'll fill in the gaps.

I rarely use The Sun as a source for political information, although i must admit their sports coverage is amongst the finest in the land. However, i daresay if The Sun were to publish an article exposing zionism you'd be the first to get the old cut&paste application into full swing!!

That pathetic demonstration was held by a very small group and the Police were criticised by Muslim groups for not takig action against them. The official police response claimed they were gathering intelligence on the protesters - and giving press photographers all of the time they needed for that perfect frontpage shot.

I recall a person from the mcb being critical about these protesters (i believe it was Inayat Bunglawala (sp)). This forum was less than complementary about the sheer audacity of this man to speak out against fellow muslims.

I hope the gathering intelligence excuse comes to fruition. It'd be heartwarming to see these idiots spending some time at her majesty's pleasure, although i'm sure there will be the full quota of bleeding hearts calling for their release on grounds of religious sensitivity.

Two weeks later there was a much larger demonstration of 10,000+ - protesting againts the cartoons and violent reactions.

Any sensible person would attribute the larger protest to the general Muslim population.

Sensationalists desperate for material would repeat accounts of the smaller protest (less than 50).

I am aware of the subsequent demo against the cartoons, but what was the nature of the protest against the violent reactions? Was there a concerted voice voicing dissaproval over the former protest and it's protestors?

Maybe you could supply a link or other source, i am genuinely interested.

I really don't believe all British muslims want to "kill unbelievers" or wish a 9/11 on us, or even approve of the 7/7 bombings (although i believe there is a significant number that do), what i do arrtibute to the general muslim population is the tight-lipped, moms the word approach to condemnation. I have read on here time and time again that no matter what a muslim says or does he/she should not be condemned especially in a non-muslim country. Where was this 10,000+ protest after 9/11, 7/7, 3/11 Bali, Bali again etc.....nowhere to be seen. In spain it was first suspected that it was ETA that had carried out the trian bombings, that very same night in the heartlands of ETA territory (Bilbao) there was a silent protest by 100,000+ citizens in condemnation of what they believed had been done in their name. As long as i live i will never, ever see a similiar protest by muslims, that is the difference.

Salam alaikum

I am

Ah! What part of Bosna are you from?

Ja sam is Prnjavora. :D

Wa' salaam.

Joseph

Brothers and sisters, kindly do not stray off the topic. Shukran. :D