Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dot

Counselling Room

Counselling Room  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new anonymous setting in the Counselling Room?

• Yes! no need to know who is posting what there
    • No! bring it back to how it was

:D

I've made some changes in the Counselling Room. Now all posts there carry no member info. Only the posts, and nothing on the left side, not even the usual buttons at end of each post.

This is a better anonymity level, not just for topic starters, but also for all who reply to them. It should give a more relaxed atmosphere, as no one, except the moderator of course, would recognize you there.

Its not completely anonymous though, as there are still a few ways to know. But, the topics themselves don't display any names.

If you prefer the old setting, we can easily reverse back. Just vote here, and insha'Allah I'll do whatever the majority decide. :D

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, I like the idea that you are proposing, I had a bit of a problem when I went to the Counselling Room right now in figuring out where one post ended and the next started, but on looking closely I noticed that there is a slight colour difference. It would help inshaAllah if there was more contrast in the colour scheme.

The other thing I want to know is would the Moderators be able to delete any post that would be in appropriate, meaning, sometimes some people give ridiculous suggestions and advices, suppose someone notices this and informs the Moderator, will the Moderator be able to take any action.

I also noticed that when someone quotes from another person's post then the name of the person can be seen within the quote, but then we cannot help that, we can only do so much.

JazaakAllahu Khair for all the effort you are putting, May Allah accept it, ameen.

Wassalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

Yes of course sister, moderators can edit or delete violating posts according to forum rules. There is a black line separator between each post and the next, in addition to the alternating light-dark background color. No one will be able to quote there now sister, as there is no more a button for quoting. You can only do it manually, by copying and pasting.

That looks ok to me.

It would be great if you can put a same setting for sensitive issue in brothers/sisters/ room so anybody can reply.

Excellent. Except that the name appears in the right hand column where the latest posts are shown.

WAssalam

This is a better anonymity level, not just for topic starters, but also for all who reply to them. It should give a more relaxed atmosphere, as no one, except the moderator of course, would recognize you there.

Yes its good idea but...

If 32 moderators can see then what is the point of hiding and privacy??

AlhamduLILAH..this is an excellent idea.

jazak Allah khairun for you're excellent work.

If 32 moderators can see then what is the point of hiding and privacy??

Please substract 32 from 10500 to find the answer.

Brother aburafay,

you're right in your notice, but it doesn't list all names, only the latest poster. And, dear IF members, I'm not giving you a false sense of complete privacy there, am I?. Its as mentioned in the first post:

Its not completely anonymous though, as there are still a few ways to know. But, the topics themselves don't display any names.

Salam

Dunno, I prefer to see who I'm speaking to, I like the fact that in the old way I can start building a relationsgip in my head with certain people that give good and fair advice. Some people just seem to know more in general about life than others.

Also I didn't see the message and took the whole day to try and figure out how to get the setting back to normal. lol :D

I hope I'm in the right place and typing about the right topic(changing the look on the forum)...lol

Salam walaikum

I dont like it personally. You know how a desk gets cluttered with lots of different things then there's no empty space for the energy to like Flow (sorry for using fung shuei terminology) its like that. It feels cluttered.

I've made some changes in the Counselling Room. Now all posts there carry no member info. Only the posts, and nothing on the left side, not even the usual buttons at end of each post.

If you prefer the old setting, we can easily reverse back. Just vote here, and insha'Allah I'll do whatever the majority decide. :D

sallam

If possible can ew bring it back to the way it was, because when posts are added no1 knows who is giving advice to who, it;s just confusing

Allahafiz

Like the idea but it seems to look a little chaotic as bro Lateral mentioned

Please judge this from the perspective of topic starters, those who have the problems and come for consultation, not as a reader of others' problems.

If you had a personal problem in your life that you need counselling for, would you like it the new way, or the old way?

I need to make sure, before I set it back if thats a public demand.

I think if i had a personal problem i would like to be anonymous, i know the moderators get to see who's posting what but it's not like they will go around telling others its her or him bla bla.

Also when someone replies with a caring answer to your problem it's like a fitnah and you could start to have feelings for that person etc..

So i think it's better that non one knows who's who.

I think if i had a personal problem i would like to be anonymous, i know the moderators get to see who's posting what but it's not like they will go around telling others its her or him bla bla.

Also when someone replies with a caring answer to your problem it's like a fitnah and you could start to have feelings for that person etc..

So i think it's better that non one knows who's who.

barak Allah feekum sister. Fitna indeed is possible to happen when you sypathyze with a person's own life, specially when it comes from the opposite sex.

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. Insha'Allah the new setting will stay. This poll is now closed. :D