Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Islamic-western Dialogue & The Moderators

Al salam alaikum

I have been participating in Islamic-Western discussions recently, and it seems that the forum's moderator's are doing a poor job previewing and approving the posts in the section. At times, it can take upto 24 hours or more for members' posts to become approved. This tends to seriously annoy impatient members like myself.

The problem may be that there are insufficient moderators available on Gawaher, and perhaps the admin might look into recruiting a few more.

Wa' salaam.

Joseph

PropellerAds

:D

i agree totally joseph. it is so useless i shall never again start a thread in that section. there are enough admin police throughout the forum anyway, so as to render the slow process useless. i have complained in the past, to no avail. the excellent IF can do without it. it is not needed.

As-salamu alaikum

I would concur, Zukiful. I am in favour of changing IWD back to it's previous state for the obvious reason that the lever of participation in the section has been dramatically reduced by more than 75%.

I think I will create a poll and see if members are in agreement.

Wa' salaam

Joseph

As-salam alaikum

I must admit the silence is deafening. :D

Brother Dot, what do you think of the idea?

Wa' salaam.

Joseph

Salam thats part of the rason i dont read that section . Its too slow.

Generally the whole forum is highly moderated and constrained. Not all Islamic forums are like this.

But again , it has its advantages as much of the offensive useless posting is reduced significantly. Something which has been a problem in the distant past.

Thanks everyone for your concerns. Its a fact that we are short of moderators. The brothers and sisters already in the team are masha'Allah doing their best, but the rate of posting is high (currently at around 800 posts a ay) and we can use more moderators.

There is always a vacancy for moderators:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=2456"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=2456[/url]

And I realize the IWD forum is not as active as the other sections, but thats because we manually pre-moderate its posts. Perhaps one of you guys want to give us a hand there. If so, please let me know. :D

Thank you, Joseph,

I hadn't seen this thread before and just began a new one. I think it would help if at least those posts coming from the thread starter could be cleared more quickly. I feel like I'm being forced into the position of appearing rude by my lack of response to the thoughtful comments. I've begun to PM my respondents when I post in order to let them know there's a response on the way.

About dot's suggestion, I think you'd be a great candidate for helping out in IWD, Joseph. Please volunteer!

As ever, Jesse

sl.gif

Please continue in the following thread:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=26711"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=26711[/url]

j.gif

Thread Closed.

Per request, from the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=27790&view=findpost&p=272723"]Patience?[/url] thread.

Salam,

I appreciate the hard work that goes into moderating a forum. But this is getting ridiculous. The following post has been waiting for most of two days to be cleared by a moderator. I'd imagine only moderators and myself can follow the link, but it's part 1 (of 3) of my response to Crystal Eyes last post in my thread ...

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=27053&view=findpost&p=260620"]Is Islam a friend of the theory of evolution?[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=27053&view=findpost&p=271705"]Post #41[/url]

Mar 23 2006, 04:40 PM

Post #41

"Thank you for your thoughts, Crystal Eyes, ..."

It's just after 10 am on Mar 25 as I'm posting this comment. I appreciate the chance to have posts pre-moderated, but I don't really think it's necessary anymore. I would like to ask, if it's not possible to clear my own posts in my own thread in less than 24 hours, if it would be possible to just move this thread out of the "Islam for non-Muslims: Q&A" forum and make it open for general posting.

"This section is for non-Muslims to post any basic questions they may have about Islam. Our support team insha'Allah will reply to all your questios with simple and short answers. We review replies and allow only those coming from the topic starter."

Thank you for your consideration.

As ever, Jesse

It is now about 7 pm on Mar 25 as I type this comment. The above-referenced post #41 has now been waiting more than two days for review.

As ever, Jesse

Bump.

Three days now, and I'm still looking forward to seeing post #41 show up. If there's a problem with the post, rather than just a lack of moderators to review it, I'd appreciate a PM in explanation. From what I can see, it's still hanging on the hook.

As ever, Jesse

:D / Peace to all

I just realised the refuting non-muslims section also takes a long time to have our posts moderated...

i think that is partly the reason why people post their topics in the wrong section because they do not want to post their replies in a section that takes a long time to show up...

just a question to the moderators...why is it that only selected sections have this moderations of posts...there are also sensititive topics posted in other sections...some muslims and non-muslims with little knowledge may spread the wrong idea of Islam and the west on other sections as well...

wassalam

Edited by freedslave

I think the topic starter should be allowed to post without manual check. i posted somethng there and well i just left it as it took ages to get a reply and then post one....

w/salaam