Islamic Forum
anthony19832005

Islam Allows Slavery

thanks to God humanity is learning to address. In particular it is a problem associated with greed and materialism against which Islam and its practitioners are quite outspoken and active.

there is natural goodness within humanity with or without religious belief. sometimes i think people become religious due to cultural prompting - the urge to do good work, so join the 'good' organisations.

PropellerAds
hehe yes, the Islamic idead is very noble , and certainly muhammad showed extreme mercy in his decisions, but the system itself is very prone to abuse by unscrupulous individuals looking to get rich from the slave trade. Im sure you're aware of the large scale slavery of latter muslim empires such as the ottomans. I wouldn't have a prob with this slavery "loophole" in Islam if muhammad was still around doing it his way, but the fact remains that the potential to enslave people is very high in Islamic civilization and there are always plenty of evil people who would most likely NOT free slaves for breaking oaths and such things.

Alsalamu Alikum , Peace to u al brothers & sisters, ok , regarding to that Topic can u tell us Mr. Anthony what u'd do if the Islamic rules is not appeal to u?, i like to hear what would be ur openion about that, am waiting for ur prompt Answer, but think deeply before answering it.

Islam is the only religion which respects women. I ask people no to believe in the media please and read what the Quran say about women and how they have the same rights and more than men.

there is natural goodness within humanity with or without religious belief. sometimes i think people become religious due to cultural prompting - the urge to do good work, so join the 'good' organisations.

Umm, as an Atheist I thought u must have read the works of Freud. :D

Human beings are naturally evil, not good. It is through society (invention of religion) that we become good. Human is naturally a survivor, which means we do what ever necessary to survive. So, naturally we are bad in nature, but become good do to societies constraints.

Salamu Alaikum

If you want to take examples of how Islam should be implemented read about the Prophet (PBUH) and the 4 rightly guided Khalifas.

wouldn't have a prob with this slavery "loophole" in Islam if muhammad was still around doing it his way, but the fact remains that the potential to enslave people is very high in Islamic civilization and there are always plenty of evil people who would most likely NOT free slaves for breaking oaths and such things.

You are absolutely correct, if Muhammed (PBUH) was around we wouldn't have this problem because he is following Islam like it should be. Just like your Western System, there are plenty of people who take advantage of your laws and would'nt abide by oaths and such things. If they were following the laws like they should be, America would be a great country.

Salamu Alaikum

Edited by alim_in_training

Umm, as an Atheist I thought u must have read the works of Freud. :D

Human beings are naturally evil, not good. It is through society (invention of religion) that we become good. Human is naturally a survivor, which means we do what ever necessary to survive. So, naturally we are bad in nature, but become good do to societies constraints.

psssht, Aristotle will rock Freud anyday. Read up on his philosophy on the meaning of life-->much bigger picture--->also there is no evil but lets not get into that.

By the way, Non-muslims, did you know that the slave has the same rights of the master? Just wanted to point that out

errr.........then you don't callem slaves.....

:D

getting back to the subject.

does anyone else here consider asian sweat shops (amongst other industries) of western companies exploiting 3rd world workers, paying wages to keep them under the poverty line a type of slavery?

and have any of the muslims here have examples of how western business conducts itself with foreign 3rd world workers?

I have already addressed that issue over in the thread about capitalism being a global divider. Do not blame capitalism for the woes in the third world. The ppl of the third world are in the situation they are in because human life, dignity and rights have become meaningless in the face of the prospect of money.

The intent of these companies such as Nike is not to keep ppl below the poverty line-->it is to make maximum profit. As with any society, they are making as much profit as possible. Nike offers the lowest wage possible to do this, the collateral being that these people are given an opportunity their dysfunctional society has failed to provide for them. The lack of civil society in the third world is what is responsible for capitalism running out of control on the global stage.

The deal that companies have offered to these people are enough to keep them barely alive. It is better then the deal they have recieved from their goverment and society which is simply to die. This has nothing to do with slavery. These ppl working for these companies do so in order to survive. This is not slavery, its a whole different field.

Edited by 3dshocker

as long as you are comfortable with that 3d....

does anyone realise there are more blacks and hispanics working as slaves in america now than there ever was?

they work in prisons for multi nationals for a pittance.

lo 3rd shocker i was'nt referring to u it was the slave issue i was refering to but reading what u wrote i do agree with u

salaam

no hold on a second i dont agree with u

matter of fact to imply that people in third world nations are like that because of themselves and their governments is just plain ignorant

although their governments have alot ot do with it their are many people who steal their resources that are foriegners that are partly to blame too

it is slavery in class on friday we were learning about feudalism in europe the way nike treats their workers kind of reminds of the way the landed aristocracy treated the serfs in medievil europe which amounts to slavery.

salaam

psssht, Aristotle will rock Freud anyday. Read up on his philosophy on the meaning of life-->much bigger picture--->also there is no evil but lets not get into that.

errr.........then you don't callem slaves.....

Umm, Freud deals with the human Psycology, not Philosophy.

There is a big diffrance between Aristotle and Freud. :D

I understand why Athest would state that there is no evil, but that would be again, IRONIC.

Basicly, if a person is truly an Atheast.. his life on earth would be hell. Why? because he has to contraint himself to the laws of society.

ummm.....being an atheist thus far, I seem to enjoy life in the society I live. I get greater happiness from sacrificing some of my freedoms to co-exist with others.

"Basicly, if a person is truly an Atheast"

It is clear you don't really know much about atheists other then what you have learned from non-atheists.

P.S. human phsycology is a part of philosophy - everything linked on logical premises are, even math.

Edited by 3dshocker

ummm.....being an atheist thus far, I seem to enjoy life in the society I live. I get greater happiness from sacrificing some of my freedoms to co-exist with others.

"Basicly, if a person is truly an Atheast"

It is clear you don't really know much about atheists other then what you have learned from non-atheists.

P.S. human phsycology is a part of philosophy - everything linked on logical premises are, even math.

So, I am I to assume that an Atheast knowing that he has no bounderies, contraints himself? :D

Aslo, does ur exitance have a purpose?

Psychology = The science that deals with mental processes and behaviour.

Philosopy = the study of truths about reality. The search for wisdom.

U made me search google.. :D

So, I am I to assume that an Atheast knowing that he has no bounderies, contraints himself? :D

Aslo, does ur exitance have a purpose?

Psychology = The science that deals with mental processes and behaviour.

Philosopy = the study of truths about reality. The search for wisdom.

U made me search google.. :D

The only boundaries an atheist has is that which he assigns to himself by his own will. There is recognition that man is a social animal. We must exist as part of a community. If we are all absolutely free of bounds then we'd also be free to hurt eachother and that is not beneficial to each individual. It is why we place a mutually agreed limit on ourselves like "don't kill". The limits we place on ourselves are there to protect us.

The purpose of life is to be happy-->check the refuting non muslims thread for more about atheistic values.

P.S. I assume you see why philosophy encompasses psychology from "the search for wisdom".

So if atheism teaches you to have no bounds, yet you restrict yourself in some places,("Don't kill"),these are morals, it seems morals are coming from other places than atheism...

Salamu Alaikum

So if atheism teaches you to have no bounds, yet you restrict yourself in some places,("Don't kill"),these are morals, it seems morals are coming from other places than atheism...

Salamu Alaikum

Morality arises naturally my friend. It is in the interest of survival that we establish rules. This is why said the origin of morality does not lie in religion. Morality or these mutual agreements as I prefer to see them, have been around much longer then religion has. We co-existed before forming religious groups. What allowed these groups to get along with eachother in the first place is the mutual agreement on rules that each member will abide by. Think of it this way, ethics and mutually establish agreements predate religion by far.

Edited by 3dshocker

meanwhile...in the west...

it is morally acceptable to;

gay marrage,

gay rights.

criminalise child smacking

for a woman to have 3 fathers to her 6 kids, out of wedlock.

get grossly obese...then go shirtless.

dress little girls up like s****.

believe greed is good.

i give up. there are too many. muslims please feel free to continue to list the morraly acceptable garbage the west condones.

Salamu Alaikum

Morality or these mutual agreements as I prefer to see them, have been around much longer then religion has. We co-existed before forming religious groups. What allowed these groups to get along with eachother in the first place is the mutual agreement on rules that each member will abide by. Think of it this way, ethics and mutually establish agreements predate religion by far.

This is if you believe that we came from cavemen, I believe we came from our Forefather Adam(AS), and thus our morals coming from Allah. But I want to ask you an honest question and expect an honest answer. Where are animals' morals? I mean when did humans decide one day to have morals? You say morality is in our nature, but that means we have a different nature from animals, and that means that we couldn't have evolved from animals. Just my opinion, what do you think 3d?

But let us say we did have cavemen, that used to eat each other, that used to believe that the sun was their god, that raping a woman was correct, that didn't care about tomorrow, just getting today's food, that didn't care about getting women pregnant and leaving them. They coexisted together nicely, yet they didn't have morals. If one cavemen stole from another, he would just get angry, but the other would think, who cares. Then a book came and along and said "No, no,no" and the cavemen went "Ohhhhh".

Not all morals are mutual agreements. I mean morally someone might think that smoking is wrong, does't affect anybody, just yourself, drinking, drugs. People with morals wouldn't watch a movie with sex scenes and such don't you think? I mean the higher your morals the more respected you are isn't that correct. A moral person wouldn't lie, not because he doesn't want to hurt people, but the initial guilt he gets for the lie. I mean if a monkey told another monkey the wrong directions to Bananas for example, do you think he would feel guilt?

Salamu Alaikum

Edited by alim_in_training