Islamic Forum
anthony19832005

Islam Allows Slavery

nobody condones greed lol.

And if u insist we could also make a list of the horrible things going on in Islamic countries...

Islamic countries, Islamic Countries, what do you mean Islamic Countries? name one "Islamic Country" around. List the horrible things that happened during the Caliphate and the Prophet Muhammed's (PBUH) time. There are Arab countires, african countries, european countries, south asian countries that all have the same problem because they are all run by the same people (No, I'm not refering to zionists). Evil people, with no morals. Did an Islamic country have this many problems? The USA is at an moral low. and so is the rest of the world.

Salamu Alaikum

Edited by alim_in_training

PropellerAds
Where are animals' morals? I mean when did humans decide one day to have morals? You say morality is in our nature, but that means we have a different nature from animals, and that means that we couldn't have evolved from animals. Just my opinion, what do you think 3d?

I'm gonna use "mutually established agreements" instead of "morals" as the former is what I see societal rules as and the latter is just plain misleading. My arguement was that these mutually established agreements come about because

#1. We are social animals. This is in the best interest of our species because we all depend on someone else at some stage(childhood in particular) in life. We operate best as part of a group then as individuals.

#2. If we are allowed to operate freely then we risk harm to ourselves as we cannot prevent others from harming us when we are vulnerable.

#3. These rules that we have mutually agreed upon such as "don't kill", and "don't steal" have been agreed upon by the community for the sake of each individuals survival. If we had not agreed upon these rules, we could not co-exist safely. We make these mutual agreements in the interest of our own survival - that is the source of your morals.

We are no different from the animals. The animals too have set standards/rules or mutual agreements within their species by which they abide. The best sign of this is the ever present heirarchy in several animals. The alpha male being equivilant to a king. With lions you have something like one male that mates with all the females. The females do the hunting and looking after cubs. To dethrone the alpha male, another male must fight the former for it. Amongst rams/moose/hippos there is also a set standard by which they operate. They have tests of strength (the head butting etc) to decide whos stronger. The dominant one becomes male. Wolves operate in packs to provide for their young. Cougars mark their territory as a sign to competing cougars to back off. Ants have a very solid structure of heirarchy with the queen at top follwed by worker ants, ants that mate with the queen, ants that look after the larva etc. This list of the standards/rules continues for all animals. These rules are there because it is in the interest of the survival of that species. The moose/ram/hippo is the best one I can think of here as it is a way of avoiding violence when deciding who is the alpha male.

We are no different from the animals. Whatever we have agreed upon as "morals" are simply naturally risen mutual agreements in the interest of our own survival.

[at]zuki

gay marrage,

gay rights.

criminalise child smacking

for a woman to have 3 fathers to her 6 kids, out of wedlock.

get grossly obese...then go shirtless.

dress little girls up like s****.

believe greed is good.

1. Yes, we believe that gays and lesbians should be allowed to marry - they are not harming anyone in doing so.

2. Yes, we recognize that gay people are humans too and should be granted the same rights as any other human

3. Yes, we are against child abuse and we are also against abuse against women - this became established to protect kids from violent abusive parents. Having a wife beater father myself, I'm in full support of this.

4. This is not acceptable though we do not punish the girl for doing so. We educate against having kids when too young but nothing against premarital sex. We do not believe in stuff like seweing a girls vagina shut until marriage.

5. Oh yes, a girl wearing a knee length skirt and a white blouse as part of a school uniform is very slutty. I suppose denim pants and T-shirts are very slutty too as well as tank tops and shorts. You do not blame a girl for tempting a pervert like yourself. If you find them so tempting it says alot about your resolve or lack thereof - you starting to sound like a closet rapist/pedophile/pervert zuki.

6. It's called capitalism, it means your entitled to reap the benefits of the stuff you achieve.

zuki, I'm gay :D You gonna hate me too now?

Edited by 3dshocker

:D

1. Yes, we believe that gays and lesbians should be allowed to marry - they are not harming anyone in doing so.

2. Yes, we recognize that gay people are humans too and should be granted the same rights as any other human

3. Yes, we are against child abuse and we are also against abuse against women - this became established to protect kids from violent abusive parents. Having a wife beater father myself, I'm in full support of this.

4. This is not acceptable though we do not punish the girl for doing so. We educate against having kids when too young but nothing against premarital sex. We do not believe in stuff like seweing a girls vagina shut until marriage.

5. Oh yes, a girl wearing a knee length skirt and a white blouse as part of a school uniform is very slutty.

6. It's called capitalism, it means your entitled to reap the benefits of the stuff you achieve.

zuki, I'm gay You gonna hate me too now

i was flitting through the list of your answers and it occured to me that youd 'dressed it up' so i though id reply that you'd put a nice dress on it. then i read your last line....and realised you were wearing the dress! :D :D :D

and no, i dont hate you. i feel sorry for you mum and dad though. and if you say they are cool with it. theyd be cooler with grandkids.

my question is zuki, why is it that you feel I should not be allowed to marry another man, and I should not have rights on account of being a homosexual?

should i not be allowed to marry another man, and I should not have rights on account of being a homosexual?

i think you just started another topic. if youd like to start it i will answer your question.

but i will be careful as i realise this is 'your' subject. but no matter. you are wrong.

Islamic countries, Islamic Countries, what do you mean Islamic Countries? name one "Islamic Country" around. List the horrible things that happened during the Caliphate and the Prophet Muhammed's (PBUH) time. There are Arab countires, african countries, european countries, south asian countries that all have the same problem because they are all run by the same people (No, I'm not refering to zionists). Evil people, with no morals. Did an Islamic country have this many problems? The USA is at an moral low. and so is the rest of the world.

Salamu Alaikum

EXACTLY, the WHOLE WORLD has these problems , so why are so many muslims around these forums bashing the "west"

Just so you know there are many countries in the "west" and not all have identical laws.

EXACTLY, the WHOLE WORLD has these problems , so why are so many muslims around these forums bashing the "west"

Just so you know there are many countries in the "west" and not all have identical laws.

Just like u we are posting our opinions. :D

Edited by AhQee

The only boundaries an atheist has is that which he assigns to himself by his own will. There is recognition that man is a social animal. We must exist as part of a community. If we are all absolutely free of bounds then we'd also be free to hurt eachother and that is not beneficial to each individual. It is why we place a mutually agreed limit on ourselves like "don't kill". The limits we place on ourselves are there to protect us.

The purpose of life is to be happy-->check the refuting non muslims thread for more about atheistic values.

P.S. I assume you see why philosophy encompasses psychology from "the search for wisdom".

Knowing that u exist only to be RULED by man, rather then god. Must be a great amount of tortured ha? Ur like an ANT who is purpose is to further the colony, but ur death means nothing, as u will no longer exist. But the difference is, u have a conscious, u know that ur life is short, but u still continue to fallow a society that rules over u, rather then be free of constraints.

Edited by AhQee

Have you just decided to stop reading my posts all togather? It's like you're not even reading what I'm saying.

Gay Marriage doesn't harm anybody?it's a social poison. I do not hate gay people, but they do disgust me and no good will come of them

Salamu Alaikum

Ppl you find disgusting and dissaprove of are people you don't like. You wouldn't feel that way aboutem if you didn't likem.

and just to let you know relative everything is, me and most atheists see religion as a social posion--> cancer of primitive society. Islam is no different.

Whata tangled web we weave :D

me and most atheists see religion as a social posion--> cancer of primitive society. Islam is no different.

well its about time you opened your eyes then innit :D

Gay Marriage doesn't harm anybody?it's a social poison. I do not hate gay people, but they do disgust me and no good will come of them

Salamu Alaikum

If you don't mind me asking..what is it about homos that disgust You?

Have you seen two homos in action ? because than you speak from experience.

Maybe just the dea of two men disgust you? Have you been with another guy or thought about it because than you speak from experience.

Becuase if not than your disgust is due to the influence of a homophobic society and the need to conform.

There have been field studies or surveys of people amongst who there were no homos...that's because those people strongly opposed homosexuality...and that indeed was the reason because once the same survey was repeated promising confidentiality, numerous people who claimed to be straight admitted being homos.

peace :D

`

(source...I believe it was a society form the trobrian island but will need to make sure)

well its about time you opened your eyes then innit :D

I already have churchy, it's why I see at as a poison :D

Is this true that Islam allows the victorious muslims that won a war to take women and children slaves?

Here we go again. Because people dont read the Quran and dont know the why we get these form of Questions.

The thing is Allah says in the Quran:

[24.32] And marry those among you who are single and those who are fit among your male slaves and your female slaves; if they are needy, Allah will make them free from want out of His grace; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.

Allah has mercy with all his creatures. The reason why muslim take slaves to themselfs is that if they dont the woman/man/child has the risk of being raped, tortured, killed. By taking them as slaves this doesnot mean that one can bully them the slaves that muslim keep have rights. Not like the slaves the Dutch English American etc.. they beat kill etc. they treat them worse then Animals Why? for pleasure for cotton for worldy benefit. When Abu Bakr(the 1 caliph of Islam after prophet Muhammad(pbuh) died freed so many slaves He ended uo bankrupt and so did a lot of the companions. The first slave that was bought and set free immediately was Bilal(r.a.) he was from Abbesiniya(Ethiopia). Bilal was slave of an arab who found out that Bilal had accepted Islam so they tortured him so bad that they put a huge rock on his body in the heat in the desert He kept on replying Ahad(one) Ahad. My God is one. After Abu Bakr (r.a.) found out about it he offered a lot of money to buy him. The Arab accepted. And after Bilal came to Abu Bakr, abu Bakr set him free and thus Bilal became one of the first muslims(a slave).

What also happened with Mozes(pbuh) and his people the israelites where also slaves until Allah had sent Mozes to demand from the Farao to set his people free. SO again an example that slavery in Islam is not personal need etc.. but for benefit of another human live. Also if a slave is not muslim, like a woman they dont have obligation to dress like muslim women and it is different.

If you don't mind me asking..what is it about homos that disgust You?

Have you seen two homos in action ? because than you speak from experience.

Maybe just the dea of two men disgust you? Have you been with another guy or thought about it because than you speak from experience.

Becuase if not than your disgust is due to the influence of a homophobic society and the need to conform.

There have been field studies or surveys of people amongst who there were no homos...that's because those people strongly opposed homosexuality...and that indeed was the reason because once the same survey was repeated promising confidentiality, numerous people who claimed to be straight admitted being homos.

peace

`

(source...I believe it was a society form the trobrian island but will need to make sure)

First of all it's not natural, and don't start about why it is unnatural, you KNOW it's unnatural. A kid with 2 Dads is not the best thing to have with a kid growing up. Nor with 2 mothers. A family has a balance, a father and a mother.

You ruin the balance of families you destroy society. All those girls that could be married are prostituting because their would-be-husbands have boyfriends. Sex becomes fruitless, it's worse than adultery, Allah has created a man and women, not 2 women or 2 men as partners. Even animals don't have sex with the same sex. Gay people are more sexual active, more adultery, more disease, utter chaos. When you have a nation run by a Homosexual then his morals are obviously skewered. I don't say that with no meaning, if he doens't understand Family, he cannot have morals.

You think religion is a Social Poison because it teaches people to love their neighbors, to wait to have sex, not to steal, to have a brotherhood, to respect your body and the people around you. Religion has no teaching that you can find as a Social Poison. Atheism is a social poison because when people think they are independent they are free from guilt and morals dissapear and evil runs rampant. coming back to the Topic's title, "Islam Allows Slavery", it's atheism that allows slavery, people to enslaved by this world.

Salamu Alaikum

Is this true that Islam allows the victorious muslims that won a war to take women and children slaves?

yes it is true. my question is whats your problem with it?

Salamu Alaikum

i have a problem with this. where is your loving and hating for the sake of Allah?

is it a wonder atheists always speak up for the gays? it has been reported that shaitan was the first to commit the crime of homosexuality and our nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam said atheist were the shaitin among the men.

First of all it's not natural, and don't start about why it is unnatural, you KNOW it's unnatural.

You think religion is a Social Poison because it teaches people to love their neighbors, to wait to have sex, not to steal, to have a brotherhood, to respect your body and the people around you. Religion has no teaching that you can find as a Social Poison. Atheism is a social poison because when people think they are independent they are free from guilt and morals dissapear and evil runs rampant. coming back to the Topic's title, "Islam Allows Slavery", it's atheism that allows slavery, people to enslaved by this world.

Salamu Alaikum

lol, "KNOW". Your arrogance is quite pitiful man :D. Stop reading religious books, and pick up a philosophy book (you know? That subject that is a study of logic, reason and ended up producing modern science? :D ). You might actually start thinking for yourself as opposed to just having faith in stuff that others have told you. I'm not gonna bother trying to argue with you about just how fraudulent the concept of normaility is.

You wanna know why I see religion as a social posion? It discourages free thinking, enslaves humanity into irrational thinking (not a suprise since religion does not use a philosophical basis), and the one thing I hate the most about it is that it implicitly encourages race supuriority and discrimination against non believers. Another thing I hate is that every damn devoted religious person refuses to consider the possibility that their beliefs may be wrong and this is quite frustrating at times!!! :D The problem is that people like you leave no room for negogiation when you reject logic and reason as the basis for acquiring knowledge.

I'm an Atheist by the direct definition of the word( I don't believe in god). I am very independant. The principles that I live by (don't like calling it morals) is centred around fighting for freedom from harm of all forms (in particular discrimination and oppression - something all religions are good at (read the war on muslims thread instead of just arguing against this based on what you think you know). I do not believe in evil, and as a promoter of free thought I'm naturally against slavery :D

is it a wonder atheists always speak up for the gays?

atheists do not just speak for gays, we tend to fight for the rights of all minorities of irrational persecution.

Perhaps I came off a bit harsh there, I just get a lil mad when someone starts attacking all atheists with preconceived notions of what it is about :D Particularily the idea that we atheists must be immoral since we don't believe in god :D --> It's quite clear alim, you haven't met many atheists.

Edited by 3dshocker

Salamu Alaikum

I know a lot of atheists. and I don't appreciate you calling me arrogant, and when I speak up about why I believe Homosexuality is disgusting its coming from me not from Religion.

3d I don't believe I have ever called you arrogant, I believe your views are stupid, but I respect them nontheless, I have half a mind to blast insults on to my computer to make you feel stupid, but my religion restricts me. It will lead to no where, so I would appreciate it an apology, I mean just because my ideas don't suit you doesn't make me arrogant.

3d, I never said anything about "normal" I said natural. I mean why doesn't a man have both organs for fertilizing and carrying a baby? How come a man acts like a women and dresses like a women? Because NATURALLY man is attracted to the opposite sex. You believe in evolution, and in no point of evolution it is needed for 2 males to have sex to survive. That means its not natural.

Animals don't even have sex with the same sex. Its not natural.

lol, "KNOW". Your arrogance is quite pitiful man . Stop reading religious books, and pick up a philosophy book (you know? That subject that is a study of logic, reason and ended up producing modern science? ). You might actually start thinking for yourself as opposed to just having faith in stuff that others have told you. I'm not gonna bother trying to argue with you about just how fraudulent the concept of normaility is.

I question my religion everyday, and everyday I am convinced of its credibility. I think for myself, and when I do, I realize that the best choice I can make agrees with the Islamic one.

ou wanna know why I see religion as a social posion? It discourages free thinking, enslaves humanity into irrational thinking (not a suprise since religion does not use a philosophical basis), and the one thing I hate the most about it is that it implicitly encourages race supuriority and discrimination against non believers. Another thing I hate is that every damn devoted religious person refuses to consider the possibility that their beliefs may be wrong and this is quite frustrating at times!!! The problem is that people like you leave no room for negogiation when you reject logic and reason as the basis for acquiring knowledge.

Correction, Correction, Correction and Correction. You were obviously not thinking while writing this post 3d, I know you to make better quality posts than this. Islam is a Philosophy! Everyman is equal in front of Allah except in Piety. We do not discriminate against other races. You have obvioulsy a wrong perspecive of Islam my friend. I have thought of the possibility of my religion being false, and I have that thought everyday, but the more I think about it the more I realize its the truth. I have considered Atheism, christianity, judaism but none is as beautiful as Islam.

Don't judge me before knowing me please. I would appreciate that. And Honestly the Atheists I meet are less than the best of moral people. I mean they swear, they flirt, they have disgusting thoughts and such, they just seem very immoral. No offense, this is my observation.

I know what you mean when you talk about hard headed people, when they are too stubborn to accept anything else. Trying to spread Islam is so difficult because these people will not look past what their father's were doing or their worldy desires.

Salamu Alaikum

3d I don't believe I have ever called you arrogant

I'm 19 and immature, arrogance comes as part of the package :D

I believe your views are stupid, but I respect them nontheless

Much appreciated :D

when I speak up about why I believe Homosexuality is disgusting its coming from me

It's not so much just speaking up. I support that as you're entitled to your views regardless of what I think but the problem is you seem quite impulsive, it seems that given the power you would act according to your personal bias and beliefs. If you had the power to control the fate of homosexuals what would you do? I get the feeling you wouldn't grant them the same rights that are granted to all other humans, and that is where my beef lies.

I never said anything about "normal" I said natural

Misenterpretation on my part then, most of the anti-gay arguements I get are normalicy based so I thought by "natural" you were refering to that as well. You are right, humans are a heterosexual species.

I question my religion everyday

hehe, kk, try this. Read up on Descartes meditations, start from scratch when you form your beliefs. Let me know the connections you make while forming beliefs from scratch. I never managed to find the path of reason to gods existence, if you find it, let me know.

Islam is a Philosophy!

Philosophy is a critically detailed study of knowledge...considering that you pegged a religion into this category I get the feeling you don't read very much into philosophy. For starters, the Quran, mohammad, and any persons account of personal experiences will become invalid when trying to answer the question of Gods existence.

We do not discriminate against other races.

You discriminate against gays as it is, and from the other thread about conquering non muslim lands, your discrimination against non muslims became clear as well.

You have obvioulsy a wrong perspecive of Islam my friend.

I do not know much about Islam, I do not make any assumptions beyond stuff that I have material to work with for. The concept of freedom+democracy vs religion+dictatorship did not get shot down after I proposed it. Also it is based on your treatment (and your posts in particular) of non muslims that I have pegged Islam as a non peaceful religion.

I would appreciate that. And Honestly the Atheists I meet are less than the best of moral people. I mean they swear, they flirt, they have disgusting thoughts and such, they just seem very immoral. No offense, this is my observation.

I figured you being muslim would know more about generalizations then anyone else. An atheist is usually the easiest of people to get along with as we take a relaxed approach at life and are not uptight over anything. How many atheists are actually friends of yours? and why do you hang around with them?