Islamic Forum
anthony19832005

Islam Allows Slavery

First of all it's not natural, and don't start about why it is unnatural, you KNOW it's unnatural. A kid with 2 Dads is not the best thing to have with a kid growing up. Nor with 2 mothers. A family has a balance, a father and a mother.

You ruin the balance of families you destroy society. All those girls that could be married are prostituting because their would-be-husbands have boyfriends.

Not that i come here expecting logic.... but this one really stuck out. Why would women become prostitutes simply because there were more Gay men? I don't get that one.

Sex becomes fruitless

I though there would be MORE fruits, if anything!!! :D

, it's worse than adultery, Allah has created a man and women, not 2 women or 2 men as partners. Even animals don't have sex with the same sex.

Chimps and Bonobos do.

Gay people are more sexual active, more adultery,

It can't be adultery if they can't marry.

more disease, utter chaos. When you have a nation run by a Homosexual then his morals are obviously skewered. I don't say that with no meaning, if he doens't understand Family, he cannot have morals.

You think religion is a Social Poison because it teaches people to love their neighbors, to wait to have sex, not to steal, to have a brotherhood, to respect your body and the people around you. Religion has no teaching that you can find as a Social Poison.

The teaching that it is alright to kill people who refuse to convert sounds pretty poisonous.

Atheism is a social poison because when people think they are independent they are free from guilt and morals dissapear and evil runs rampant. coming back to the Topic's title, "Islam Allows Slavery", it's atheism that allows slavery, people to enslaved by this world.

Salamu Alaikum

PropellerAds

QUOTE(anthony19832005 [at] Mar 3 2006, 12:33 AM)

Is this true that Islam allows the victorious muslims that won a war to take women and children slaves?

"yes it is true. my question is whats your problem with it?"

I can't speak for anyone else, but my problem is based in the fact that I think slavery, especially the enslavement of women and children is immoral and disgusting.

the Atheists I meet are less than the best of moral people. I mean they swear, they flirt, they have disgusting thoughts

...They stone people, murder to further the power of their religion, advocate horrible deaths for those they disagree with... oh wait. That's not the Atheists..who am I thinking of then....?

...They stone people, murder to further the power of their religion, advocate horrible deaths for those they disagree with... oh wait. That's not the Atheists..who am I thinking of then....?

Hmmm, I wonder, well, I know its not muslims either so who could it be...

Salamu Alaikum

The teaching that it is alright to kill people who refuse to convert sounds pretty poisonous

......it does, who ever follows such teachings can never be truly successful!

Salamu Alaikum

From your posts it shows that you have no understanding of Islam

......it does, who ever follows such teachings can never be truly successful!

Salamu Alaikum

From your posts it shows that you have no understanding of Islam

?

How about you look at the Islam conquering other countries thread... And all the understanding of Islam I have is from my interaction with members of this board, are you telling me their teachings are wrong?

How about you look at the Islam conquering other countries thread... And all the understanding of Islam I have is from my interaction with members of this board, are you telling me their teachings are wrong?

Like I said, you have no understanding of Islam, you an opinion based on ordinary people that might have a skewered idea of the truth, ask you local scholar or something, then come talk to me. I don't think I, or anybody on this forum has the knowledge to tell you Islam as it is.

Salamu Alaikum

Like I said, you have no understanding of Islam, you an opinion based on ordinary people that might have a skewered idea of the truth, ask you local scholar or something, then come talk to me. I don't think I, or anybody on this forum has the knowledge to tell you Islam as it is.

Salamu Alaikum

Wait? How can you believe in a religion "100000%" as you've said... but not understand it well enough to explain it? Are many Muslims like this? Don't you think that's a problem?

so like....can you tell me that the majority of christians knnow EVERYTHING about there religion?i very much doubt it.i asked a christian friend of mine whos a regular church goer and very religious to explain trinity to me and her reply was a shamed"im afraid im not very well versed on that....!"in Islam,we muslims learn different aspects of Islam everyday.i think its rather naive of you to say "you believe in ur religion 1000%yet you cant explain to me.....are many muslims like that...."or whatever it is you said.i find it amusing when you people come out with things like that...bro alim's right,you have to ask a reliable muslim scholar.i mean...come on,we try answering something,were not 100%sure,you guys are gonna jump on our backs with denials or insults or god only knows what.

Is this true that Islam allows the victorious muslims that won a war to take women and children slaves?

During the wars, non-Muslim soldiers were killed for attacking Muslim nations etc and nobody would support their women and children so Muslims took care of them and supported them so that the women who had lost their husbands would not not become whores to support their families. And Muslims would give them food so that they would not starve to death. Muslims had to treat the slaves kindly as if they were their family. If the Muslims treated the slaves badly , they must freed them as a punishment for the masters.

What does the Bible say about slavery? The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

What does the Bible say about beating slaves? It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don't die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

You would think that Jesus and the New Testament would have a different view of slavery, but slavery is still approved of in the New Testament, as the following passages show.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Peace from our Lord,

You would think that Jesus and the New Testament would have a different view of slavery, but slavery is still approved of in the New Testament, as the following passages show.

It does not speak about approval. It just states a principle that applies to everybody (e.g. everybody should subject to state authorities).

If you want to know what they thought about slavery, read the letter to Pilemon. Paul tells him to receive his slave Onesimus as a brother.

Philemon 15. For perhaps he was for this reason separated from you for a while, that you would have him back forever,

16. no longer as a slave, but more than a slave, a beloved brother, especially to me, but how much more to you, both in the flesh and in the Lord.

17. If then you regard me a partner, accept him as you would me.

áÇäå ÑÈãÇ áÇÌá Ã¥ÃÇ ÇÃÊÑÞ Úäß Çáì ÓÇÚÉ áßí íßæä áß Çáì ÇáÇÈà .15

áÇ ßÚÈà Ãí ãÇ ÈÚà Èá ÇÃÖá ãä ÚÈà ÇÎÇ ãÃÈæÈÇ æáÇ ÓíãÇ Çáíø Ãßã ÈÇáÃÑí Çáíß Ãí ÇáÌÓà æÇáÑÈ ÌãíÚÇ .16

ÃÇä ßäÊ ÊÃÓÈäí ÔÑíßÇ ÃÇÞÈáå äÙíÑí. .17

The slave should no longer be treated as a slsve. But the slaves should not rebel against their masters.

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.

It's a mystery to me how a parable that should not be taken literally can condone the picture it uses. Jesus says we are to God as slaves are to their masters, no more.

In another parable he comparesGod to a judge "who did not fear God and did not respect man" (Luke 18). The conclusion drawn from that parable is: if even such a judge will eventually hear the complaints of a steadfasting widow, god will surely will bring about justice for His elect quickly.

No one in his senses will say that Jesus condoned unjust justice by that parable. Same with slavery.

Jesus says that God is like a slave-owner who beats his slaves "with many stripes.":

Luke 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Luke 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Slaves must obey their masters "as unto Christ.": Ephesians 6:5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

Here Jesus shows that he is completely comfortable with the concept of slavery. Jesus heals the slave without any thought of freeing the slave or admonishing the slave's owner.

Colossians, chapter 3, verse 22:

Slaves, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in singleness of heart, fearing the Lord. Whatever your task, work heartily...

Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 44:

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow israelites ruthlessly.

Here God of the Bible states where you may purchase your slaves, and clearly specifies that slaves are property to be bought, sold and handed down.

Frederick Douglass started life as a slave. He was born to a slave mother in 1818, at a time when slavery was practiced almost universally throughout the United States.For example, he describes the violence of his master in this way:

He was a cruel man, hardened by a long life of slaveholding. He would at times seem to take great pleasure in whipping a slave. I have often been awakened at the dawn of day by the most heart-rending shrieks of an own aunt of mine, whom he used to tie up to a joist, and whip upon her naked back till she was literally covered with blood. No words, no tears, no prayers, from his gory victim, seemed to move his iron heart from its bloody purpose. The louder she screamed, the harder he whipped; and where the blood ran fastest, there he whipped longest. He would whip her to make her scream, and whip her to make her hush; and not until overcome by fatigue, would he cease to swing the blood-clotted cowskin. I remember the first time I ever witnessed this horrible exhibition. I was quite a child, but I well remember it. I never shall forget it whilst I remember any thing. It was the first of a long series of such outrages, of which I was doomed to be a witness and a participant. It struck me with awful force. It was the blood-stained gate, the entrance to the hell of slavery, through which I was about to pass.

Peace from our Lord,

Jesus says that God is like a slave-owner who beats his slaves "with many stripes.":

And he also told a parable in which the hero committed fraud. This is not condoning fraud, but using this theme to explain another thing. So the similitude speech you mentioned has nothing to do with approving slavery.

It's like comparing God with a lamp in a niche: I would be a serious error to conclude from that comparison that God is small...