Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
maniac mujahid

Gcse Revision!

PropellerAds

:D

-Make a revision timetable: allocate a few hours a day to each subject. If you find any particular subject difficult, spend a little more time on it than others.

-Make sure you take regular breaks, i.e. work for 1 hour then take 15 min break.

-If you feel you are not getting anything done because your mind is blank etc, go away and come back after a few hours and start again.

I have a document on various revision techniques, depending on what type of learner you are (eg visual/auditory/cant remember the third!): if you want I will email it to you, :D.

Hope that was helpful, :D it is all I could think of right now.

Edited by *MuSlIm*

i think you should pray too. make Du'a whenever possible and make sure you always remember Allah.

if you remember Allah in times of ease, Allah will remember you in times of hardship.

i also think you should listen to the Imam at your school :D

I did my GCSEs just last year, so I know what you're going through!

Firslty, make sure you ar studying in a place with no distractions, e.g. computer, radio, phone, etc. You need to keep focussed!

Study in 20 minute or half hour blocks, then have a small break. Myabe have a snack or drink of water.

Always make time to relax!

Best way to absorb information I find is to make summaries of each topic, e.g. bullent points, spider diagram, whichever suits you best! Use lots of colours, etc. to help you remember!

Revision guides are sometimes useful, but dont bother spending too much money on them. Practice papers are MUCH much more helpful! Try doing them in test conditions.

Finally, don't neglect your salaat and remember to ask Allah for help at all times!

Before the exam say 'bismillah, tawakaltu 'ala Allah'

I hope this helped!

oh yeah...good point..

also say

Rabbish rahli sadaree wa yassirlee amree wahlul uqadatam millisaanee.

you can check the Quran for that too. Chapter 20 Taha verse.... dunno but if you are reading the quran with the Uthmani text i.e the usual arab ones you find in London Masjids, then it is on page two and it is about 6 lines up from the bottom.

Assalamu alaikum

lol [at] chappal. :D (That literally made me LOL)

Anyhow, in addition to the advice given above add this to your list too, Insha'Allah: Pace yourself. If you haven't started your revision yet, start now. Your first exam may seem a long way away currently, but you will not be doing yourself any justice if you think you will be able to revise everything needed for 2 separate subject examinations the following morning! (It may work for single modula papers when you only have one subject to study for.)

As for revision guides: If you are somebody who can revise well from plain written guides, check out the Letts revision guides. They usually explain things elaborately, but it is rather time consuming. If you are the sort of person who can remember things more easily when it is all colour-coded and illustrated, then try the Letts 'GCSE SUCCESS' visual revision guide.

As others have mentioned before me, please don't favour revision over your salah. Be sure to pray on time, and make dua.

Ma'assalama

Assalamu alaikum

Have you got your school books with all the necessary areas of revision? Study from them.

Take examination papers. Check your answers and correct the wrong ones.

Ask your teacher for examination style questions. They usually help a alot.

Ma'assalama

i go to a really good school, but im just so thick!

no matter how hard i concentrate i still get crap grades.

im not looking forward to gcse beacuse if i dont get really good grades then the school will just kick me out(reputation will be ruined)

Assalamu alaikum

Brother, if you are going to have that attitude towards your work then there isn't much chance you are going to do aswell as you could otherwise do!

Take the word 'can't' out of your vocabulary. Go see your form tutor or subject teacher, and talk through with them your concerns. They will probably work with you and give you some better tips- try them out.

At the end of the day, sacrificing 3 months of your life in revision mode which will map your future out for you, isn't so much to ask for if you're going to be drawing in the £'s! :D

Ma'assalama

...and a final tip:

Do as many practice papers as possible. The same type of questions always come up. If you get used to answering them you will do really well inshaAllah.

:D :D salaam, got my GCSE coming up, need to get good grades if not den its the old chappal - ne one got gd tips?

research shows that we shud revise for 45 minutes.. we learn most during that time... 5 minute break then back to it..

make a timetable.. with time allocated for computer/internet and family time etc...

simple things like have a fruit or snack in ur breaks..

start revision now.. like umm an hour a day.. an obviously revise slightly more when the time comes for exams..

dont revise for longer han 45 minutes we only take in 20 percent of what we learn

n dont worry.. they aint all that hard

oh an umm i find that the best way to learn is by going thru exam papers...

i went thru a chemistry paper the day b4 an the mornin b4 my chem exam with my brother... (fidn out what examination board u are doign for each subject)

Assalamu alaikum

(fidn out what examination board u are doign for each subject)

Don't forget to get the specification right. There isn't much point in revising something which you are not going to be tested in.

Ma'assalama

its not my attitude towards work, i get all my homework done everyday, its just that nothing seems to go into my head. dunno why?

my dad has already seen the head of year last year to help me improve, she told me tips yet im still dumb

Guest amani

Topic moved to study Room

(and please dont type in slang :D :D )

in my last post i forgot to add at the end

yaf qahoo qowlee.

:D jazaaks for everyones reply, inshallah im tryin to do at least 2 hours a night hope dats enough. plz do dua for myself and all other muslims doing exams and ting :D

i think you should pray too. make Du'a whenever possible and make sure you always remember Allah.

if you remember Allah in times of ease, Allah will remember you in times of hardship.

good advice, u can never go wrong this way!

having no distractions doesnt suit everyone. for me, i need background noise while studying i seem to work more efficiently that way. if its too quiet i end up day dreaming!

as for gcse revision, i would recommend on top of everything already said, to get hold of the syllabus' for all ur subjects from the net or from ur teachers and make sure u know everything that the syllabus says u need to know. make sure u do LOTS of past papers as this is a key method, it gives u exam practise and u'll know what style of questions to expect.

ur school provides revision sessions at lunchtimes, those will prove to be useful so id recommend u go to those as well!

lol, my attitude is terrible :D , i always rush my homework, and leave it to the last minute, :D. I need to improve it quickly, GCSE's are coming up fast, inshallah i'll be okay though. I NEED INSPIRATION!

Assalamu Alaikum,

theres a lot of us taking GCSE's this year. I thought abu ubaydah and abu sulaiman wer married. LOL

make dua 4 us .......... i got a feelin am soooo gonna fail my GCSEs,

Jus remembr whatever happens, happens by the will and decree of Allah. So be greatful.

Wsalamualaikum

inshallah everyone will do just fine.

stick to emels advise...do as much past papers as u can. questions seem to repeat themselves.

I thought abu ubaydah and abu sulaiman wer married. LOL

:D you werent supposed to know for another 2 weeks :D

Try to teach other people about the subject your revising because it will stuck in your head. I have my GSCE coming up aswell and helping people understand something is a real help to me