Islamic Forum
Paki Brother

Women Hanging Out?

:D

I would like clarification on this issue. Please provide your answers with evidence from Quran or Sunnah. :D .

Is it permissible for a bunch of Muslim women to hang out together say at a theme park or something of this sort? How about going out to grab a bite to eat? Both these cases I am asking about would be if they don't have a wali with them. Like a bunch of sisters in college want to go out to go bowling or to an aracade or whatever.

Also, I believe I came across a while ago a hadith that said something about how we should not stay out at night because of the Shaitan. Does anyone know the hadith or can find it for me?

PropellerAds

Why on earth would you think that it might be not permissible? Gosh, some people really like to make life hard!

I'm not sure regarding the night thing though.

Sister don't deprive us of your greeting.

I am asking for clarification. No need to get all agitated. My main question has to do with events out in the open at late night.

Why on earth would you think that it might be not permissible?

maybe because there is a hadith that says women are the biggest temptation (fitnah) after dajjal or something.

reference please?

Edited by Abu_Sulaiman

:D warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

In the name of Allah, the most compassionate, the most merciful

Q: Is a woman allowed to travel within her own city without a mahram for any halal reason? An example would be going shopping alone. Or going with a group of female friends to eat and spend time together outside the home, like in a restaurant, or picnic area, without any male. I have a friend, who recently became rather "harsh" through her husband (she has only been married 1 year). According to him and his teachings, a woman cannot go anywhere without a mahram, even her own city, unless there is a "need" like buying food so she won't starve. Work, Education, having fun with friends is not considered a need. I am Sunni Hanafi, and I would really like to know the Hanafi position on this so I don't commit a wrong.

A: According to both the Hanafi and Shafi'i Schools, the husband may prohibit his wife from leaving the house. Please see "Is it permissible for a man to forbid his wife from working?" at (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=2302&CATE=121"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=2302&CATE=121[/url] for more details. For the Shafi'i reference, please see Reliance of the Traveller's chapter on marriage (m10.3). The basis for this restriction is the hadith of the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, "It is not permissible for a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day to allow someone into her husband's home if he is opposed, or to go out if he is averse." (Bayhaqi)

As believing women, our primary responsibility is taking care of our homes and families. Sacred Law has given men the responsibility of providing for us. Thus, men are required to go out and earn for their families. Women, on other hand, should avoid going out unnecessarily. Allah Most High says, "And abide quietly in your homes, and do not flaunt your charms as they used to flaunt them in the old days of pagan ignorance; and be constant in prayer, and render the purifying dues, and pay heed unto God and His Apostle... (Al-Ahzab, 33:33)

Having said that, it is also important to understand that Islam is religion of balance and moderation. Husbands are not dicators, and are not allowed to make their wives' lives miserable, nor to control their every coming and going. Husbands are encouraged to let their wives visit relatives, seek knowledge, go to the masjid, and carry out their obligations. Allah Most High says, And women shall have rights similar to the rights against them, according to what is equitable...(Al-Baqara, 2:228)

The basis for how husbands and wives should relate to each other is the example of the Noble Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace. He was kind and loving to his wives and did not prevent them from becoming fulfilled individuals....

See the below link for the full article: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=8638&CATE=121"]Women going out[/url]

Fee amanillah

wow a husband who wont let his wife get an education? did he forget that's HER right to do so! :D

anyways, as for staying out late its not a good idea, especially in the US when just about anything can happen. the other reason if you stay out late, how do you have strength to make fajr prayer the next morning?

as for sisters going out for lunch or just bowling and hanging out in groups, i dont really see a problem as long as they can behave themselves. a lot of times sisters get carried away and forget that they are in public and that people can see them acting immaturely.

an in the UK... have you heard of the boy who got stabbed recently??? just 11yrs old

Assalamu Alaikum, Check out the link that Sister Crystal Eyes has posted. Nice suggestions there, Alhamdulillah, JazaakAllahu Khairan sister.

I want to point out that there are many thing that we might think there is nothing wrong with, only Allah knows the long term effects of our actions in our lives and the lives of others around us.

Imagine what a picture it makes a group of Hijaabi and Naqaabi sisters in a bowling arcade, and how things could get out of hand, or a group of girls in a restaurant, or a movie, MAYBE NOTHING WILL HAPPEN, but maybe something will!!! When we have references from Quraan and Hadeeth that the best place for a woman is her home, then who are we to challange it, it is for our own good.

If the sisters want to get together, why can't they get together is one of the girls house, where that girl's mother is present, so that there is some kind of supervision. I know girls don't want elders present, but I have not been able to understand the reason behind it, if you are not going to be doing anything wrong or talk about things that are not appropriate, then why do you have problem with adults being present where you are.

I know some of you might not agree with me, but believe me there is lot of Hikmah (wisdom) behind the words of the Quraan and Sunnah. Wassalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

i think that the judge on this case is what Allah and his prophet say whatever it was something we like or dislike cuz Allah said on his Holy Quran "36. It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path. (Al-Ahzab, 36)" , we al aim to go to Janna, janna is a precious thing that wont be given unless for someone precious, so whatever Allah and his Prophet would say we shall follow it with pleasure and not to see it hard or not appropriate to modern life !!!! , i Remember the story of the Muslim man who were wearing a golden ring, then Prophet just take it from his hand and throw it into earth saying that Gold is forbiden for men, so after Prophet S.A.W go the people told him take ur ring and sell it , but he just Said that he cannot take something the prophet had threw it. if someone wanna the satisfaction of Allah over him/her , he/she should only Look at what Allah said and not to what his soul say.

mashALLAH some good replies above...

In this day and age and with the increased fitna happening around the world, I personally feel it wouldnt be advisable for sisters to hang out "too much", of course, the circumstances will differ for all sisters, but on the whole, it is a dangerous world out there. Astaghfirulla, Nowadays, its soo sad to read the headlines of the daily newspapers

May Allah :D protect all our sisters and brothers of Islam. :D ameen