Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
leechingrabbit

Doing Horrible In School

Assalamo alaikum!

Well I have some problems :D

I'm doing horrible in school! I'm FAILING Algebra-2!!! I have a D in European History AP and I have 2 cs + 2bs. IM GOING TO BE KILLED! This is really depressing me, and I know I can do better... But it is my fault. I've been spending 75% of my study time on Islam and going to the Masjid :D after i show my dad these grades i wont be allowed outside for years!

SO yeah........................it seems like ive been consumed into this religion so much that i find myself reading the Qu'ran during class! I can't put it down! I've also been reading the bible and comparing stuff and getting really indepth with the Qu'ran....

As some of you know im 16 and I am a sophmore in high school. I know what your thinking, the normal kid isn't obsessed with his religion: BUT I AM! Thats honestly all I want to learn about!!

either way i feel like im failing life, if anyone has any advice i would greatly appreciate it... :D

PropellerAds

:D

:D!!!

So young and so passioned about your religion. Brother dont feel like ur failing at all, :D you will get blessings from Allah. :D

Back on studies, I would advice you to make a timetable that you can easily follow. Dont put things in that arent realistic.

Go to this link for a timetable: (www.)"http://latrobe.edu.au/counselling/assets/downloads/timetable.htm"]latrobe.edu.au/counselling/asse...s/timetable.htm[/url]

Also, brother try to balance the knowledge that you need in this world and Islam. Dont overdo one over the other.

But again..:D :D

Try and bring an Islamic perspective to your studies. Look at the lives of famous Muslim mathematicians, European history and Islam etc. Maths, science, history, it all part of knowledge.

We all know that the more you go into your religion and thinking about the akhira (the next world), the more your life in the world suffers. :D

My advice Brother, is to not overdo anything, as my other Muslim brothers and sisters have said. Make studying for worldy things worship, by having the intention to use what you are learning to help Islam.

I went through a phase like your's, everyday was spent reading books, I could not stop! It was like some sort of drug, I felt happy and at peace learning about my religion. Everyday I would learn something new and everyday my belief grew. I say keep doing what you are doing, just moderate it a little bit. Also remeber, don't stess to much about grades, in the end, the REAL test is the life of this word and how we do in it, and the grades will be given of Judgement Day.

asalamu alaykum

some very good piece of advice given. MASHALLAH it is great that you are so eager to learn about our beautiful religion Islam but at the same time Islam does not prevent the gain of worldy knowledge. so all you need is to maintaing a balance. May Allah continue to guide you and help you ameen. you can also submit your question at the following link

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?cid=1111650762381&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Cyber_Counselor%2FPage%2FCyberCounselE"]cyber counsellor[/url]