Islamic Forum
Abu Ruqqayah

Would You Marry A Fish?

Would you marry a Bengali?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you marry a Fish???

• Yes
    • No
    • May Be (If he or she was special...like a shark!)

:D

now, now isn't that racism against once own poeple... :D

w/salaam

lol no way..im saying my options are open :D

PropellerAds

It would be more affordable in Bangladesh at least. Also there are more people there than here, more chance of a match. Also you can find alima sisters there more easily, I'm sure.

It would be more affordable in Bangladesh at least. Also there are more people there than here, more chance of a match. Also you can find alima sisters there more easily, I'm sure.

in china there are even more people [more then anywhere else] so there is a better chance to find a match there :D

w/salaam

yummmmmm fish :D aaah fish and hathkhora[dunno the english for that] fish and tomato fish and potatoe fish with many things nice :D

ma'salamah

Salaamu Alaikum

Yea, I would so long as he is a good practicing Muslim, why not?

Assalamu walikum,

Erm, I'm confused. Since when are Bengalis' called fish? And in which part of the world are they called Fish?

I'm a Bengali from Assam, India. We speak Sylheti Bengali but never been called fish. My Aunty is from Bangladesh, and she says she's never heard anyone call Bengalis' Fish either!!!

JazakAllah kair.

Assalamu walikum,

Mim

P.s. Its the attitude of some people whom spoil it for the rest of us!, And yeah, Insha'Allah I would marry a Bengali.

What's a hathkhora?

A type of Citrus vegetable. I would say in the Lime catergory I believe. Has to be cooked to be edible.

Lovely with fish.

Mim

Assalamu walikum,

Erm, I'm confused. Since when are Bengalis' called fish? And in which part of the world are they called Fish?

in U.S ..it's stereotype u see...not sure when or where it started but it's here.

Caz the diet... the fish enriched diet I suppose.

I almost died once bcaz of stupid fish..I hate fish :D

but fish people are fine by me. :D :D

Alsalam Alikom

Do the poll by all means, but I do not think it is right to use a stereotype label 'fish'. I had no idea what you were talking about, infact for a couple of days looking at your title I thought real fish was the intention. Where I am from we don't call Bengali's fish. Nor in any country that I have lived in.

If many people call muslims terrorist, will we call ourselves that? NO!

Edited by salwa

I prefer homo sapiens

Actually, ethnicity isn't such a big factor for me.

Islam comes first, :D.

As salamualikum

I dont get the "fish concept" either. Dont worry brother eshan people dont hate you ( i see u still have the same issues from 2 years ago). Yes i would marry a bengali only if he was a good person and didnt make me cook ( <<<<<<<<<<<<<< hates cooking) One of my closest friends is married to a benga and i have to say i see very little diffrence between bengalis and pakis. (im paki). Also his family was very accepting of my friend ( australian white revert) whereas i dont think other muslim cultures would have accepted her so quickly.

Assalamu alaykum

hmmm i voted No coz i got really confused, lol nobodys on the earth going to marry a fish. :D

well let me clear something to all of my friends here, if someone is a citizen of india he/she known as indian similarly if someone a citizen of bangladesh then he/she should be called as Bangladeshi, "Bengali" is the name of our mother tongue, the language we speak.

i dont think anyone hates Bangladeshi, we are all Muslims, why should hate each other. NO WAY

well when i lived in KSA i observed some but its a misconception about bangladeshis, people with a narrow mind would hate, i even asked some why do you hate, well they have no good reason to hate, they just hate becoz they like hating.

yeah most of the people are living under poverty but they are trutly honest and broad in heart.

is there anyone to marry me im bangladeshi? :D :D

hey hey im a good muslim too

yeah we like fish but we are not fish, we are Bangladeshi and Muslim, true slave of Allah

wassalam

Edited by Risalat

:sl:

Whatevers written in my kismat/destiny really,Allah knows,I follow,alhumdulilah.

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

:)

Whatevers written in my kismat/destiny really,Allah knows,I follow,alhumdulilah.

:j:

:)

Akhi Aaqib said it :sl:

Ethnicty doesnt matter to me, deen is my 1st priority & al hamdulillah for that :sl:

Sure why not!?!?!

[sorry again, i just can't control it :sl:]

w/salaam

Maybe if he was like really buff lol

The bengali diet mainly consists of fish and rice which is probably why people say that, i dont think its nice for a non-bengali to call a bengali fish but if they refer to themselves as that then its okay... Like how we dont mind if we call each other paki but if a white or black person said it we`d take offence, get me? And never call a black person nigger unless you want a broken nose lol

I already married a bengali and im very happy alhamdulillah :j:

and no its not nice to call them fish :)

Peace,

Just to stay on topic: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettheage(contact admin if its a beneficial link).au/news/world/woman-marries-dolphin/2006/01/01/1136050339590.html"]"Woman Marries Dolphin"[/url].

what i don't understand is the word "bengali" which you guys relate it to the fish....

?????????????????????

Do mermaids/mermen count? :sl: That would be pretty cool!

i said no

but

well the poll does not matter me a lot coz i am really marired to a fish

why?? whats the point of starting something completely irrelevant.