Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Irhabiyah

Globalization

:D

This semester i stupidily chose to do a globalization module. I hate it so much, it is mega boring and to make things worse i have to give a presentation about globalization and democracy next week.

If anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction, i would be grateful. What sorta stuff could i talk about? Any links about the effects of globalization on democracy? Anything really...

:D in advance

P.S. is it globalization or globalisation? Or both? :D

PropellerAds

both spellings are correct i think.

u cud go for this structure:

- the theory of globalisation

- examples of globalisation in todays global economy

- benifit and cost analysis of globalisation

- ur views on it

u might wanna add in a case study of a country that has/hasnt benifited from globalisation and in what way.

i dunno if this is gna be sufficient for the level ur studying it at, but it was good enough for A-level.

As-Salaamu-'Alaikum,

Globalisation is the British spelling, the alternative is American!

I would recommend mentioning some of the characteristics of globalisation, which can be found be going to (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url] and searching for globalisation. Something that my development Economics teacher is enthusiastic about is the development of the internet. The world market is opening up because of the internet. People can buy cheaper goods and suppliers have minimal advertising costs because people just have to search for stuff on the net!

Also, talk about tiger economies like India and China.

I don't know what to say about them, but they are relevant.

Good luck with the project!

I find Globalization fascinating being a Law/Business student it is heavily taught in our curriculum. I think that the main aspect of globalization is understnding the growing integration of economies and societies around the world – it has been one of the most hotly-debated topics in international economics over the past few years. Rapid growth and poverty reduction in China, India, and other countries that were poor 20 years ago, has been a positive aspect of globalization. But globalization has also generated significant international opposition over concerns that it has increased inequality and environmental degradation.

People around the globe are more connected to each other than ever before. Information and money flow more quickly than ever. Goods and services produced in one part of the world are increasingly available in all parts of the world. International travel is more frequent. International communication is commonplace. This phenomenon has been titled "globalization."

"The Era of Globalization" is fast becoming the preferred term for describing the current times. Just as the Depression, the Cold War Era, the Space Age, and the Roaring 20's are used to describe particular periods of history; globalization describes the political, economic, and cultural atmosphere of today.

While some people think of globalization as primarily a synonym for global business, it is much more than that. It effects us in many ways in our day to day activities.

I don't know wheteher that was of any help but given the fact I am doing research for my Business strategies and policy subject it is still fresh in my mind.