Islamic Forum
friend of all

Palestine Wristband.

:D

Any one got it?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.freeyourmind.com.uk/Promo.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.freeyourmind.com.uk/Promo.htm[/url]

PropellerAds

i would buy one to support the cause. they need all the help they can get. inshallah the people in need will benefit from this campaign.

Asalaamo aleykum,

I never saw them before, but if I do I would buy one or more !

waleykum assalaam,

me too! I would love one :D I used to be obsessed with wristbands... and was so jealous when my one friend got these one Islamic ones from a convention :D

can you buy one of those online :D

i wouldn't personally buy them as --**MinorityOpinions**-- said. though i would pay them money but i would not like to have it, is it not imitating women? bracelets and all that?

:sl:Abu_Sulaiman,

i wouldn't personally buy them as --**MinorityOpinions**-- said. though i would pay them money but i would not like to have it, is it not imitating women? bracelets and all that?

Stuff like that depends on culture. What may be accepted for men to do in one, may totally not be accepted by another.

salaam

oh cool, i want one! not one, loads to give to my friends too! :D

wasalams

Assalaam Alaykum,

No point whatsoever in such stupid wristbands.

I agree!

w/salaam

I also agree. I don't need to wear a wristband to show I support a cause. Just donate money to a charity. Why must I show everyone?! It is between me and my Creator.

Whenever I see people wearing these wristbands, they just remind me of a fasion accessory.

Just my humble opinion.

It depends on individual.

If a person is sure that he wouldn't have riakari(show off) by doing charity in public then he can do it as others will also encouraged. If a person fears that he will have even a little show off in his heart then he must do it in private so noone know abt it.

It's similer to one of those poppy flower of remembarance day that you put on so others also remember and do charity.

I don't know if it is allowed in Islam for a man to have wristband or bracelet.

Allah know the best.

it is forbidden for men to imitate women and women to imitate men.

Abdullah ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) relates, that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace):

“Cursed those men who imitate women and those women who imitate men†(Sahih al-Bukhari, 7/205).

ibn Umar narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“Whoever imitates a people is one of them.†(Sunan Abu Dawud, no. 4031 & Musnad Ahmad, 2/50)

I agree with that but my point is, "Is wristband a woman thing or man thing?"

Provide any point on that with reference. If you say wristband is not allowed then wat abt wristwatch? I m not sure if women in those days used to wear bangles or not.

a watch is for telling the time... it is not a must but it is very useful... also i dont think women ever used to wear watches.. it was always men with their big pocket watches they needed a carrier bag to carry. :D

a watch is for telling the time... it is not a must but it is very useful... also i dont think women ever used to wear watches.. it was always men with their big pocket watches they needed a carrier bag to carry. :D

That still doesn't make wristband women thing. and I don't think men used to wear wristwatches either in those days.

:D Abu Sulaiman,

I can’t help but to think that you posted those hadiths in response to what I said.

No one is debating on if it’s ok or not to imitate the opposite sex… but the issue is the difference of culture and what is acceptable in some societies and what is not in others.

Who are we to say which society is correct and which one is wrong when we have no Islamic evidence to back it up? Who are we to say “bracelets are exclusively for women regardless of society†when we may not have any Islamic evidence to back it up?

There are many adornments in different cultures that both sexes share.

The hadiths that you bring up have to deal with things that are “exclusive†to only one sex or group of people.

salaam

ornaments are not for men,.... the only thing men can wear is a ring [silver] and for that also weight has been given... as for watched they are a useful tool/ unless you wear them for other reasons.....

And Allah :D knows best

w/salaam

I m not sure if women in those days used to wear bangles or not.

In the sahabah's times? Yes, they did wear bangles. :D

I wouldn't buy these...

:D Noxiouspython,

ornaments are not for men,.... the only thing men can wear is a ring [silver] and for that also weight has been given... as for watched they are a useful tool/ unless you wear them for other reasons.....

And Allah :D knows best

w/salaam

Could you please quote the Quran verse or hadith that says that adornments are not for men, and that they can only wear a silve ring?

salaam