Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muhsinmuttaqi

Four Pillars Of Manhood

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

1. What are the Four Pillars of Manhood according to a saying of Imam Al-Shafi'ee raheematullah?

2. Give practical example of men but also women who fulfill the pillars of manhood for each pillar. If you can.

PS: Although, the pillars also apply to women as well, I believe that the scholar mentioned it specifically in referance to men because probably in his time the women were naturally following the pillars, but men had a wrong perception of manhood, how a man should be. Maybe, it was still inbranded in their minds the customs from old time how a man is a man.

Salam

PropellerAds

Asalam alykum warhmatullah wbaraktuh

Allahu yalem, but It would be inshaAllah interesting to know ?

Fe Amn Allah

Al Faqeera ela Allah

Assalamu alaikum, it's been a while, and I guess no one can figure out, so brother can you give the answer.

Assalamu alaikum.

Assalamu alaikum, brother Muhsinmuttaqi is unable to post at the moment for personal reasons, so he sent the answer to me. SubhanAllah, I can see the wisdom of our Scholars and don't have to think for a second why they hold this esteemed position not only amongst the Muslim but amongst the Humanity

Here it is on brother Muhsinmuttaqi's behalf:

The answer to the question:

The Four Pillars of Manhood according to Imam Ash Shafi'ee, raheematullah:

1. Worship

Imam Al Shafi'ee had a great deal of worship. He used to divide the night into three parts. One third for learning, one third for sleep, and one third for worship.

2. Humility

He used to stand and pray and read Qur'an while tears overflowed from his eyes in fear of his shortcomings. He used to see himself, due to his great modesty, among the people of sin, although he was described as "never having done wrong."

3. Generosity

Imam Al Shafi'ee was generous and gave charity to the poor.

4. Good Manners

He had high morals and he was know for his great modesty.

Source: Fiqh Al-Ibadat by Hajjah Durriah Al-Aytah

Assalamu alaikum.