Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fluffysteve

Should The People Who Want The Cartoonists To Die - Be Killed Themself?

Should the people who want the cartoonists to die - be killed themself?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should the people who want the cartoonists to die - be killed themself?

• yes
    • no
    • perhaps

PropellerAds

I see anyone who'd want the death of these cartoonists as oppressive parasites. The world is better off without ppl who will kill you for a cartoon you drew. I see this as killing a murderer in advance. Voted yes.

P.S. Would prefer jail time though :D

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicawakening(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forums/viewtopic.php?t=977"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicawakening(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forums/viewtopic.php?t=977[/url]

as you can see from there, every muslim's duty is to kill the ones who brings offense to the prophet. So if u want to kill those who wish death to the cartoonists, then have fun killing 1.3 billion people lol.

I see anyone who'd want the death of these cartoonists as oppressive parasites. The world is better off without ppl who will kill you for a cartoon you drew. I see this as killing a murderer in advance. Voted yes.

In the Name of Allah the Most Benificent the Most Merciful

These cartoons are degrading and they are bashing our prophet Mohamed [may Allah’s peace and blessing be upon him].. In Christianity who ever bashes Jesus[ peace be apon him] their sentence is death that is the rolling of the bible yet disbelievers find it shocking when the same goes in Islam.. Some kaafirs always belittle the value of the honour of our beloved prophet [may Allah’s peace and blessing be upon him] In public when in fact his honour is more preaches and beloved to us then everything that is in this world. Prophet Mohamed [Peace be upon him] is significant to Allah our creator, me and whom ever loves him, and I am among the Muslims who will stand up and defend his honour he is more beloved to me then my own parents and I will defend his honour more then I would defend my own parents honour or anyone whom I love for the sake of Allah. Unless you are Muslim you wont understand what I am talking about because you don’t know the feeling of loving someone for the sake of your creator.. Please Note; These so called Cartoons are not nothing like our prophet [may Allah’s peace and blessing be upon him] rather it is a fragment of imagination of the evil in their own souls.

Do not interpret what I have just told into something evil do and make sure to not let your heart backbite my intentions.. :D

Peace Out

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicawakening(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forums/viewtopic.php?t=977"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicawakening(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forums/viewtopic.php?t=977[/url]

as you can see from there, every muslim's duty is to kill the ones who brings offense to the prophet. So if u want to kill those who wish death to the cartoonists, then have fun killing 1.3 billion people lol.

Correction 1,8 billion And people are reverting on to Islam as you are reading this and Islam is here to stay :D

(www.)"http://islamicawakening####/forums/viewtopic.php?t=977"]islamicawakening##

###/forums/viewtopic.php?t=977[/url]

If that is the case then I peg this as 1.3 Billion religious extremists. Remember what I said about genocide being the only effective method of violence :D

P.S. Considering the other poll, I doubt all 1.3 billion want the death of these cartoonists. Those that do, I'd prefer to have dead.

In the Name of Allah the Most Benificent the Most Merciful

These cartoons are degrading and they are bashing our prophet Mohamed [may Allah’s peace and blessing be upon him].. In Christianity who ever bashes Jesus[ peace be apon him] their sentence is death that is the rolling of the bible yet disbelievers find it shocking when the same goes in Islam

That would never be enacted in North America or Europe. We realize that some of the passages of the bible are retarded and outdated, so we use our common sense when following it. We ask that Muslims do teh same.

.. Some kaafirs always belittle the value of the honour of our beloved prophet [may Allah’s peace and blessing be upon him] In public when in fact his honour is more preaches and beloved to us then everything that is in this world.

My freedom of speech is more precious to me than anything else, why should I lose it? Oh wait, I'm not a muslim, my opinion doesn't count

Prophet Mohamed [Peace be upon him] is significant to Allah our creator, me and whom ever loves him, and I am among the Muslims who will stand up and defend his honour he is more beloved to me then my own parents and I will defend his honour more then I would defend my own parents honour or anyone whom I love for the sake of Allah.

I will defend my hard-won freedoms and the society my forefathers built fiercer than anything else in the world, looks like we've got a problem!

Unless you are Muslim you wont understand what I am talking about because you don’t know the feeling of loving someone for the sake of your creator.. Please Note; These so called Cartoons are not nothing like our prophet [may Allah’s peace and blessing be upon him] rather it is a fragment of imagination of the evil in their own souls.

Do not interpret what I have just told into something evil do and make sure to not let your heart backbite my intentions.. :D

Peace Out

<snip> In Christianity who ever bashes Jesus[ peace be apon him] their sentence is death that is the rolling of the bible yet disbelievers find it shocking when the same goes in Islam <snip>

That would never be enacted in North America or Europe. We realize that some of the passages of the bible are retarded and outdated, so we use our common sense when following it. We ask that Muslims do teh same.

Greetings,

Not that I'm especially friendly to christianity, but the bible doesn't say anything about killing people who bash Jesus. On the contrary, the christian bible's gospel accounts quite explicitly include a statement by Jesus that those who are not merely bashing him, but killing him, should be forgiven.

On the other hand, I've little faith that if the bible did indeed say so, that christians would not enact such a law, or at least make the attempt. Have you never encountered theonomists, Lee Enfield?

The real question is how muslims can speak of no compulsion in religion, and simultaneously say those who do not follow the rulings of the faith are subject to those rulings just as if they were indeed members of the faith. This seems like a contradiction to me, and I seriously doubt this is the actual position of the Qur'an. Islamic laws apply only to muslims. How could it be otherwise?

That said, it needs to be kept in mind that Jyllands-Postens is a right wing publication, that it has yanked cartoons mocking Jesus in the past, that only one of the cartoons was really appropriate to the message they claimed to be making ... has the content of the actual cartoons been discussed here? ... and that the Danish muslims were reacting appropriately by our western standards in their form of protests.

It was only once the cartoons were taken abroad that over-reactions were seen, and there's little doubt in my mind the over-reactions were manufactured by political leaders in the interest of making a political point. In Iran, the original cartoons were not seen as offensive enough for their needs, and so they quite cynically added a few of their own in order to enrage the masses. It is not difficult to perform this kind of operation in a secular society, so it is not to be wondered that it would also prove successful in a society ruled over by clerics.

In order to discuss this kind of issue, it is necessary that the truth be told. We are each entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts. Any road to peace must lead past truth.

As ever, Jesse

Not that I'm especially friendly to christianity, but the bible doesn't say anything about killing people who bash Jesus. On the contrary, the christian bible's gospel accounts quite explicitly include a statement by Jesus that those who are not merely bashing him, but killing him, should be forgiven.

On the other hand, I've little faith that if the bible did indeed say so, that christians would not enact such a law, or at least make the attempt. Have you never encountered theonomists, Lee Enfield?

I have yes, but I'm not one, nor are the majority of Canadians. The point I was trying to make is that threatening to kill a man because he insulted your favourite Magic Sky Ghost would not be tlerated in most of the West, while it seems to be tolerated, (in fact, encourageed) in many Middle Eastern countries.

That said, it needs to be kept in mind that Jyllands-Postens is a right wing publication, that it has yanked cartoons mocking Jesus in the past, that only one of the cartoons was really appropriate to the message they claimed to be making ... has the content of the actual cartoons been discussed here? ... and that the Danish muslims were reacting appropriately by our western standards in their form of protests.

1) Jyllands-Posten has the right to govern what appears in it's pages. No one else does. I will not argue that Jyllands SHOULD post insulting pics of the Prophet and not Jesus, but I do argue that they CAN. They have that right.

2) The content of the cartoons was shown in one thread, and promptly yanked. I don't think actual descriptions of the pics are allowed.

3) Danish Muslims have every right to protest, and they should be commended for their method of doing so. Those that sent death threats, and those that burned embassies should not.

In Iran, the original cartoons were not seen as offensive enough for their needs, and so they quite cynically added a few of their own in order to enrage the masses.

I've seen those. I wonder how many muslims here would like to hear that Iranian cartoonists drew pictures of Muhammed as a dog, a pig, a woman, and a sodomite in order to whip the crowds into a larger frenzy?? Were those men proper Muslims?

crusading is cool :D be a monumental task though. wouldnt want to kill folk really - just sterilise a great many of them and take children into mass orphanages so ideological pollution doesnt taint them. i am against racial extermination. cultural distruction is another matter. to be honest, would prefer co-existance than the hassle of all that. and it would be a hassle.

Thank you, Lee Enfield,

2) The content of the cartoons was shown in one thread, and promptly yanked. I don't think actual descriptions of the pics are allowed.

I do think I need to know whether this is true. I've been constructing a post on background in order to do exactly this. So how do we determine this? Do I just start up a thread and see if it gets yanked?

On the same subject, have you seen the 43-page dossier presented to the ambassadors that first included those "extra" cartoons?

Oh, and Lee, you might want to learn how these end-tags work. The bolding does a fairly good job in showing your comments, but it isn't really proper to place them inside a quote attributed to me. Sorry about the nitpick, but I've had the experience of tracking down misattributions of my posts on the web before, and it's not much fun.

Replacing "( )" with "[ ]" in the following will do the trick.

(quote=taoist) taoist comment (/quote) enfield reply

(quote) taoist continuation (/quote) enfield continuation

... yields ...

taoist comment
enfield reply

taoist continuation
enfield continuation

You pretty much have to add them in yourself. I've noticed the IF board help pages don't give you much guidance. The quotes can be nested as well.

taoist response
enfield reply

As ever, Jesse

:D

why do you want to kill me? :D

w/salaam

w/salaam

hahhaha bro good one

crusading is cool :D be a monumental task though. wouldnt want to kill folk really - just sterilise a great many of them and take children into mass orphanages so ideological pollution doesnt taint them. i am against racial extermination. cultural distruction is another matter. to be honest, would prefer co-existance than the hassle of all that. and it would be a hassle.

This not just about killing people. It's about killing people who'd kill you for attacking their beliefs. Somehow we're not that different I guess. They kill in defense of a prophet, I'd kill in defense of freedom.

why do you want to kill me?

simple, If you'd like to have me dead over something I said, then in the interest of self preservation I'd like to have you dead as well :D

w/salaam

Greetings,

A better question is why you should want non-muslim cartoonists to die in the name of a religion which quite cleary states that there shall be no compulsion over religion. Threats of imprisonment are compulsion. Death threats are a greater compulsion. Killing is the ultimate compulsion. How can you deny that such behavior is compulsion?

When you can answer that question, perhaps we can say something meaningful why your actions are seen as dangerous enough to invoke the somewhat satirical punishment suggested by the OP. Or perhaps when you consider the question more carefully, you will realize that calling for the death of non-muslims because they do not act as muslims violates the direct command of the Qur'an so often cited as reason for us to believe Islam is a religion of peace.

Muslims have talked the talk on this. Now we in the world who are not muslim are watching to see if they can walk the walk. A freedom to reject Islam is meaningless if exercising that freedom means that muslims feel free to kill the one who rejects Islam.

But there is a larger issue I would like to see answered.

Guatama buddha declared that no image should be made of him, so that he himself would not be worshipped. His wish was not granted, and none are killed for trespassing on his wishes. The final editor of the Tao Te Ching wanted attention drawn to the words of the Ching, and so respected the anonymity of the original authors and himself published the work under a pseudonym. (Clever, that.) Still, there is worship of his pseudonym among Taoists. None are killed for this.

Muhammad was, likewise, a man and not a god, and from what I have seen and read, his wish not to be depicted was in order that attention should be focused on his god. This vaunted respect for his image, to the point where it's absence becomes a religious necessity, is simply the other face of idolization, as far as I can see. Perhaps in no other faith is the hatred of idols more evident, and yet muslims do not see that by requiring its absence, they elevate the image to the status of a god.

(As a Taoist, I must say this seems the natural outcome of any religion that requires an intermediary between truth and one's inner spirit. The intermediary takes on the name of truth itself, as certainly as the messenger becomes the message. I mention this only so that none will say I hide my true opinions in the interest of doing damage by withholding truth.)

But perhaps this is only because muslims have not considered this carefully. I am always somewhat suspicious of the quick answer as it is so often bypasses thought in its rush to be spoken.

As ever, in peace, Jesse

Interest post that was,

Well the reason muslims are angry at the dutch is not because they reject Islam but because what they did was sacralige! It was the insulting images of our prophet :D that drove us to such extreme!

i shall elaborate later, hopefully.

w/salaam

Anyone who want the cartoonists or the cartoonist haters dead should be imprisoned until he/she can write a 1000 word essay on "Ethnocenterism"...(as for 3d add another 1000 word essay on hitler for calling for genocide :D )

There is a very clear conflict of idealogy here.An important thing ....that people still don't get.... is that the images invoked tension.

Whether we agree with one's religion or not, we should still be sensative about it.

peace :D

Bismillah,

If they lived in a muslim state they would be dead by now. I think there is more behind this then just a messenger boy of a cartoonist.Whydidnt this happen 20 years ago? This is exactly what they want they want to hurt us.and after that when we do say or do something look I told you muslims are bad. Its like your family is whipped out by a gunman and your smiling :D at him. Allah will take revenge. Just like what happened to U.S. katrina and other hurricanes are parts of punishment.

Note: A hadith The Mahdi(r.a.) will not come untill I and Allah are openly mocked and cursed at.

I am not worried this is a great sign of the coming of the muslim leader the gatherer of the people of truth the Guided one The Mahdi. there are lots of websites about the coming of the Mahdi.

an example is www. harunyahya. com :D

wow,

good, lets see what these westerners say on this scenario,

So if someone made picture of your nude mother and publish it in newspapers in the name of FREEDOM OF SPEECH, what will u do? clap and say, see how far we go in freedom of speech proudly? or what?

This question is for all who call these cartoons freedom of speech, except mr 3dshocker, I know his answer in advance.

I really want to check western mind, if someone can reply...

bro ive tried this believe me!

you would ge thte strangest answer....

w/salaam

Anyone who want the cartoonists or the cartoonist haters dead should be imprisoned until he/she can write a 1000 word essay on "Ethnocenterism"...(as for 3d add another 1000 word essay on hitler for calling for genocide :D )

There is a very clear conflict of idealogy here.An important thing ....that people still don't get.... is that the images invoked tension.

Whether we agree with one's religion or not, we should still be sensative about it.

peace :D

but the problem is religion is a real wild card that never fails to promote things that defy common sense and rationality. Remember those Jehova's witnesses? They get offended when people recieve blood from others, if you wanted to be sensitive to their needs you would abolish the Red cross and the blood bank. If you start getting choosy about which religions to be sensitive towards then you start to promote religious dominance of that religion (the deal with christianity in america, and the idiot president that supports ID). Best way to deal with this is to simply ignore all religious sensitivities. Jehovans want to ban blood transfusion? too bad, Christians wanna prevent the release of the Da Vinci code movie? too bad, Islamists want to protect muhammad? too bad - you have to deal with everything equally, giving preferences to certain religions is pretty much promoting that religion in society --->Which will have negative affects on a diverse society.

Oh yes, and before someone jumps on the US thing, the US is not exactly the best example of treating things equally. Take a look at how things are done in Canada :D

Edited by 3dshocker

wow,

good, lets see what these westerners say on this scenario,

So if someone made picture of your nude mother and publish it in newspapers in the name of FREEDOM OF SPEECH, what will u do? clap and say, see how far we go in freedom of speech proudly? or what?

This question is for all who call these cartoons freedom of speech, except mr 3dshocker, I know his answer in advance.

I really want to check western mind, if someone can reply...

An interesting question, iftikharalam,

I believe this could qualify as pornography, which is another area where freedom of speech is difficult to define precisely. (I'm quite sure nude pictures of my mother would never be printed by any paper interested in increasing circulation. She is in her late 80s, after all.) So let me address your point more generally.

This is more an area of artistic freedom than freedom of speech. The current standard is that such work must have some underlying artistic merit, and must be restricted from those under the age of 18, at least here in the US. Moreover, images of private citizens remain their private property, and cannot be used without their explicit, written permission. Public figures are accorded less deference.

But religious figures, including depictions of Jesus, are not protected from depiction, even if these depictions run counter to the wishes of the prevailing religious majority. A famous test case of the boundaries between artistic freedom, freedom of speech and freedom of religion is the famous (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Piss_Christ"]Piss Christ[/url].

In the end, these boundaries are naturally difficult to define, and the debate is bound to continue. But freedom of speech must include the freedom to offend or it has no meaning at all. The freedom to say things which are pleasing is not a freedom which will ever need defending.

As ever, Jesse