Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Liv eachday as tho it is ur lst!

Health In Islam!

This Speech was written by myself, last year, with help from a few friends! It had a good turnout so i thought i'd share it with you. I know its been a long time but I had my usb with me so i thought i'll paste it! I'll post it in small 'surges'!Enjoy! :D

“IN THE NAME OF Allah, THE MERCIFUL, THE COMPASSIONATEâ€[/b

]

HEALTH IN Islam

Praise belongs to Allah SWT Who has given self existence to every self, and Who has inspired each one towards right actions and wrong actions, and Who has taught what is good for them and what is harmful for them, what causes sickness and what gives health, and Who has created death and granted new life.

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Respected Ulamas, Fathers, Mothers, Brothers, and Sisters in Islam.

Today, in this gathering I felt the need to discuss a very important issue, which concerns every one of us, young or old. This issue is considered to be one of the greatest blessings to be given to mankind by Allah SWT. Unfortunately, it is commonly ignored and unappreciated by our society in this day and age. It is a topic that is crucial for the well being of our spiritual, physical, and mental health.

PropellerAds

Before you begin to switch off... Just think back in the past year, how many people have you heard complaining, saying, 'maru blood pressure boh high thai gyu?' 'Mari chaati boh dukhet?' How many cases of diabetes have you heard of in the past year? How many cases of heart attacks and strokes have you heard of in the past year? How many cases of high cholesterol have you heard of in the past year? I bet you can put your finger on at least five of each case.

However, has this had any sort of impact on us??? Or are we still fagging away the five ciggies a day.... putting others and ourselves at risk? Or are we still the first ones to hijack all the mithai when a family member comes from India? Or do we still sit slumped on our couches, in front of the television, and only go for a walk to Jum’ah Prayer once a week?

Brothers and sisters, this body that Allah SWT has bestowed upon us is a great gift. Allah SWT has given it to us, so that we can serve all the rights that our body deserves. Our diet plays a very important role in our everyday life and in the well being of our soul. A healthy diet results in a healthy soul. It is our duty to take care of this sacred blessing and to preserve it. We should show gratitude for it, because this blessing is something that we are accountable to Allah SWT for… The Prophet (pbuh) said:

“The first thing every servant of Allah SWT will have to account for on the day of judgement is that he will be asked by Allah SWT: Have I not given you a healthy constitution and have I not quenched your thirst with cold water?â€

Our Prophet (pbuh) also said:

“No blessing other than faith is better than well being†… meaning HEALTH!

:D No, no sis, i like it. :D Post away. :D

Assalamu alaikum

I got some de ja vu there!

It is part of every Muslim’s duty. Therefore to safeguard this blessing, by eating healthily.

There is a great relationship between modern medicine and the teachings of the Qur’an and Sunnah! Every word of the Qur’an, every word of our Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) is in fact a great reality whereas science is merely an effort made towards it! Now let me just give you one example that will explain why the Qur’an and the Sunnah are further than modern science today!

One of the great scholars of Islam, ‘Ali Ibn al Hussein Ibn Wafid (ra) said:

“Allah SWT put all medicine in to half an ayah when he said:

“Eat and drink, but not excessively†(Qur'an 7:31)

Harith Ibn Khalada, the physicians of the Arabs was once asked:

“What is the best medicine?†He replied, “Necessity - that is, hungerâ€.

When he was asked, “What is disease?†He replied, “The entry of food upon food.â€

This is what Islam has taught mankind 1400 years ago. Now let’s see what science has just discovered:

Recently, according to a professor from Dewsbury, excessive eating causes a number of illnesses within our bodies. The following is a list the professor put forward:

1. Brain disease

2. Eye disease

3. E.N.T disease (eyes, nose, throat)

4. Chest and Lung disease

5. Heart and Valves disease

6. Liver and gall bladder disease

7. Diabetes

8. High blood pressure

9. Destruction of brain veins

10. Psychological disease

11. Depression

12. Stroke

If I read this list out again to you, you will notice that every one of these diseases causes death in the long run. So now tell me, what's outdated, Islam or Science?

It is very unfortunate, but obesity has become a global killer both in this country and abroad. The commons Publics recorded that 30,000 deaths in the UK every year are due to obesity. In a report published by the Royal College of physicians showed that nearly half of Britain's population is obese. Now brothers and sisters does this not worry you? Don't many of us fit nicely into these statistics? What part have we played to tackle this problem?

When a person eats too much he feels heaviness in his body, his heart will feel drowsiness and his limbs will fail to obey him.

Eating less actually holds some great benefits. Eating less keeps the person healthy, sharpens the memory, reduces the hours of sleep, helps smooth breathing and saves one from being sluggish etc. Therefore his limbs will not fail to obey him when performing religious or other duties.

Islam is not only about praying five times a day...but it is a way of life. All praises be to Allah SWT, the Prophet (pbuh) taught us how to perform the smallest of actions such as visiting the toilet, the method of drinking and eating.

Scientists for the well being of the human body are now promoting these methods. I will mention a few steps that have been scientifically proven to be beneficial and healthy for the body whilst eating. Firstly, before eating to wash our hands. Scientists have just found out that in order to decrease the chance of bacteria entering the body, hands should be washed before eating. Also Islam advises us to eat with three fingers. Scientifically proven, this helps to digest the food as a result by eating bit by bit. It is the most efficient method of eating. Eating with five fingers and the palm of the hand is very un-hygienic and this implies the filling of the stomach by food and the digestive organs could be blocked, which gradually leads to the human being’s death. In Islam, we are told to chew our food properly before swallowing … why? Because, the saliva helps to break down the food into smaller molecules. We are instructed to lick our fingers after cleaning the plate 1400 years ago … why? Because, Scientists have only just found out that the tips of our fingers contain enzymes, which helps speed up the metabolism! We are advised not to blow in our food … why? Because, this releases carbon dioxide. These are only a few instructions out of the whole list from the method of eating given 1400 years ago by our Holy Prophet (pbuh).

Everyday, we eat all kinds of food. We eat herbs, fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, chicken, and other natural substances that help us in the journey towards better health.

The Prophet (pbuh) has prescribed, many of these foods as beneficial. But, having excess of these foods causes illnesses. In other words, we must make sure our eating and drinking is in complete moderation. Hippocrates, the Greek Physician once said:

“A little of what is harmful is better than a lot of what is goodâ€

As Ramadan approaches, we consider the samoosas, pakoras and bhajias soaked in oil, as our perfect Iftari. After a day of fasting and worship, a Muslim’s reward is not only the sense of peace that he or she has gained, but also the special iftar that awaits.

In many areas of the world such as the Middle East, India, and African countries as well as the UK, iftar meals are filled with traditional foods that can be traced to the time of the prophet (pbuh), such as dates, and Zamzam at the time of breaking fast. Honey would be eaten. Herbs and flavourings such as garlic, ginger, fenugreek (methi), which is added in our curries such as fish, rice, meat and chicken are regularly consumed. Salads that contain cucumber and olives are eaten. Fruit and desserts that contain bananas, watermelon, grapes, pomegranates and other various fruits are eaten after the meal or after the taraweeh. The list is endless.

Further on, as most of us are unaware of the great benefits of certain foods we consume regularly, we are now going to talk about these common foods, one by one along with our noble Prophet (pbuh)’s statements regarding each one. Some have been scientifically proven and some are still yet to be proven!

:D

nice article sister... :D

but one thing there were some sentences of Urdu which need to be translated to english for the benifit of thoes who do not understand it...

w/salaam

not urdu, its gujrati. i'll translate em...

'maru blood pressure boh high thai gyu?' 'Mari chaati boh dukhet?'

Means: My Blood pressures gone high! and i have chest pains!

is there anything else noxious??? if there is let me know.

jkhair

ws

Oh i was also wondering that it was an abrupt end!

also

anything i understand i think is urdu[should be like urdu]. Ofcourse it was not proper urdu, i thought... turns out to be gurati....

w/salaan

are we still the first ones to hijack all the mithai when a family member comes from India? Or do we still sit slumped on our couches, in front of the television

Are you taking to me? :D

“Allah SWT put all medicine in to half an ayah when he said:

“Eat and drink, but not excessively†(Qur'an 7:31)

Harith Ibn Khalada, the physicians of the Arabs was once asked:

“What is the best medicine?†He replied, “Necessity - that is, hungerâ€.

When he was asked, “What is disease?†He replied, “The entry of food upon food.â€

:D Really good leason.

As Ramadan approaches, we consider the samoosas, pakoras and bhajias soaked in oil, as our perfect Iftari. After a day of fasting and worship, a Muslim’s reward is not only the sense of peace that he or she has gained, but also the special iftar that awaits.

:D I m missing Ramadhan now....

You are not gonna take away samoosas, pakoras and bhajias from your audiance, will you? :D

btw did anyone tell you you were really aggressive in that speach? :D

continue please.... :D

salam

its a good thing i didnt deliever the speech! some few young lads did! i will continue very soon... ie: sometime tonight!

carry on eating samosas, pakoras and u'll end up getting fat as ever :D!!! hahahahahaha! thats what u get for dissing my speech!

yeh i bet you hijack all the mithai! no wonder u think im agressive :D

ws

salam

its a good thing i didnt deliever the speech! some few young lads did! i will continue very soon... ie: sometime tonight!

carry on eating samosas, pakoras and u'll end up getting fat as ever :D!!! hahahahahaha! thats what u get for dissing my speech!

yeh i bet you hijack all the mithai! no wonder u think im agressive :D

ws

don't worry sister i wouldnt get fat. :D

Did I tell you I live on samosas n bhajya in ramadhan. :D (It wouldnt be good if someone take that away :D )

Note: Please dont edit orignal speach now. You can still yell on IF audiance. :D

salam

ws

:D ? ? ?

BLACK SEEDS

Firstly, Black seeds… also known as kalonji in Urdu and Gujrati. Some of us have the black seed oil at home but it is always patiently sitting on our kitchen shelves waiting to be discovered. Bukhari (ra) reports that the Prophet (pbuh) recommended that we:

"Use black seed regularly because it has a cure for every disease except death."

The magazine Food Chemistry found black seed to be high in protein, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, C and niacin as well as calcium, potassium and iron. These are the very nutrients that modern science has found that we most lack in.

These findings possibly explain its long history as a lung tonic. Black seeds have been used for almost 3,000 years to clear up blockages and phlegm in the lungs, asthma and asthma attacks, and stuffy or runny noses with colds. Allah SWT’s Messenger (pbuh), in fact, used to soak 20 seeds wrapped in a linen cloth in water overnight, and place drops of this solution into his nostrils to relieve congestion and head colds the following morning.

Another famous use of black seed is for digestive problems - to "dry up" a soggy stomach, ease colic pain, expel intestinal worms, and remove wind and bloating in the intestines caused by eating bread. The warmth of black seed also increases the flow of all fluids in the body including blood, urine, a nursing mother's milk etc.

Black seed ointment is also useful for all kinds of ailments where a topical application is indicated such as warts, skin allergies, insect bites, and baldness and grey hair. In fact, many modern scientists have classified black seeds as a "tonic herb" or a "cure allâ€.

Very nice post! Thank you :D I din't know about blowing on food and eating with three finger . better start! Thanks :D