Islamic Forum
maniac mujahid

Marriage Questions

salaam, a dua i do is this one 'our lord grant unto us wives and offspring who make us leaders of the pious and be the comfort of our eyes'. I believe that the man should be a higher level than the woman so he can bring her up. But also the woman should be really pious aswell... :D

PropellerAds
salaam, a dua i do is this one 'our lord grant unto us wives and offspring who make us leaders of the pious and be the comfort of our eyes'. I believe that the man should be a higher level than the woman so he can bring her up. But also the woman should be really pious aswell... :D

:D

ameen to the dua, but what do you mean higher level then the woman??? and bring her up?

w/salaam

sis i dont fink he meant it to be offensive.

i agree wiv him... i think that no matta how modern us sista think we are, if we have more knowledge then our husbands, then our husbands will feel insecure and although i aint saying that women cant teach- afta all Aisha (ra) taught the sahaba.

he like to feel as though they are the heroes of their home the one that provides and teaches his family.

picture this: a brother comes home to his wife and kids and has a nice meal wiv them. the children then cum up to him and ask a question about Islam. how will the brother feel if he cannot answer and sends the child to the mother.

u mite think its daft and that women can teach and 'bring the husband up, and in sum cases it mite work, i'm just sayin that sum cases mens masculinity will not let themselves be taught by women and it will make them feel small.

i think it should be no problem if the woman knows more then him...

I think its got more to do with ego then...

although, i know someone whos wife is gradute and he isn't and his wife keeps on bothering him, well that might be problematic but otherwise its no prob!....

w/salaam

salaam, ok i agree with the sista a bit but im gonna take a slightly different perspective. See if the woman is more controlling or is more dominant to the man (a sought of higher level) then the women is commanding in the relationship.......and this messes everything up. No offence but we can see this with these kufrs. :D

Everyone please stick on topic and if you all want to hang out, then the gender specific rooms are for this purpose!

Is it wise to ask religious questions from your expected wife/husband?

You know to check thier religious knowledge?

w/salaam

ask if she is practicing if she is stay... then if she isnt.. at least wait until the foods finished :D

but do you think on eshould ask such questions? that is the main quesiton!

w/salaam

Is it wise to ask religious questions from your expected wife/husband?

You know to check thier religious knowledge?

w/salaam

yeh sure..if you have good reasons to do so...idealy a sister should make sure that the potential husband has good general Islamic knowladge not just on tawhid lol.

wouldn't that be considered rude? And wouldn't it seem like your officially taking a test!

or even if one asks such questions, how do you go about it? I mean you dont say do you know this or that?

w/salaam

wouldn't that be considered rude? And wouldn't it seem like your officially taking a test!

or even if one asks such questions, how do you go about it? I mean you dont say do you know this or that?

w/salaam

akhi the marriage contract is like a buisness.. if you are straight to the point it can be seen as a good thing rather then going around and around... infact it can be a sign of your masculinity?

i personly would not ask very difficult question rather try and see if the person has desire in Islam and has evidence to show this..for example maybe they have been to alot of Islamic events?

but the bottom line is these days many of us have alot of Islamic knowladge but hardly any of us pratice it... for that reason i personly try and see the potential has. and perhaps it may seem to be like you are given them a test but this is serious thing you may end up living with the perosn for 40-50 years.. alhu alim...

best of luck

:D warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

It’s not very hard to come across as being ‘religious’. Only a small percentage of people actually observe the very tiny details that are yet very crucial things in the first meeting of a proposal. You do not have to stare at somebody to be able to pick on these things. The tone of the voice, the use of language, their style of speaking, and their manner says a lot about a person.

Also brothers should not feel intimidated that the sisters they approach seem well versed than them. You can gain knowledge from each other and verily Allah (swt) bestows ilm (knowledge) on whom he pleases.

Asking Questions about a potential spouse is important but most of the time those answers are well practiced. Most people know the sort of Questions that they’ll be asked…

Brothers should be honest with themselves and if they don’t want to proceed with a proposal should just say so, instead of choking on their own embarrassment. Funny as it is….no offence brothers….its not good on both parties in the end.

It’s not rude to ask blunt questions….if you don’t want to ask, observe.

May Allah (swt) give you all singleton’s good spouses! :D

So it is ok to ask questions... And is that all you ask.... a well, your right about it being like a business... Yeah its not a day or two your talking about its the whole life...

so what other stuff do you suppose one should ask?

[also, could one ask someone wheather she would like to marry you, if you know the person and want to propose?]

w/salaam

i would like to know how many brothers would marry more than one time, i.e the sunnah?

You have to be living outside the UK to marry more than one time otherwise they'll lock u up :D

Bigamy isn't allowed here, although in Islam, a man is allowed to marry up to 4 wives, providing he can treat all 4 wives equally (u don't want to end up in a house full of cat fights and handbag fights do ya :D :D )

back to brother's question...

wasalams

UK can stuff there laws...

salam

ur implyin that u want to marry more than one woman?

salam

ur implyin that u want to marry more than one woman?

Is there anything wrong with that?

personally, i would [intend to] marry only one woman.

w/salaam

oh no... everyone got powed by the mods... i'm very disappointed in all of you... especially Aaleyah and Noxious Python... i expected better from you two girls :D

you could ask her what her favourites are (films books movies)