Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthera Tigris

Women Crying

Why do people cry?

I can understand because they have lost a loved one or they have witnessed something sad. Or they are really happy.

But crying because someone insulted you, is that normal for an adult?

Crying because you stepped on something sharp, for an adult?

Crying if you lose an argument?

I think you can separate into selfish crying and non-selfish crying.

PropellerAds

:D

Here is a little story of why women cry.....

A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?" "Because I need to" she said.

"I don't understand," he said.

His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will." Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason," his dad answered carelessly

The little boy , still wondering why women cry, finally asked the old wise shaikh. "He surely knows the answer", he thought.

"Ya Shaikh! Why do women cry so easily?"

He answered: "When Allah made the woman she had to be made so special. He made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort. He gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that comes from her children. He gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining. He gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child hurts her very badly. He gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart. He gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly. And lastly, He gave her a tear. This is hers and only hers exclusively to use whenever she needs it. She needs no reason, no explanation, its hers."

"You see my son, the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the beauty of her face, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides."

The little boy got the answer and never asked the question again. :D

lol,

gud point, i dont understand either.. i do it too!

i think that women may cry to manipulate men into giving them wat they want... or because they feel hormonal.

other reasons could be that they have sum pent up angry or frustration and it just erupts at any place or time...lol

there cud a million and 1 other explanations, but i think its betta that we say its just 1 of lifes PHENOMENONS...LOL!!

I love crying omg :D And I can not help but to cry when things happen like what you mentioned!

I love crying omg :D And I can not help but to cry when things happen like what you mentioned!

yeah crying is good for you :D every noticed after a good cry you feel better? :D

reminds me of the time i could not eat a kebab lol :D

sometimes i start crying in the meadow.. looking at flowers.. why do they die ? :D

no seriously i sometimes cry when i recite qur'an or listen to it but not really cry just eyes well up...

I CRIED WEN MY LITTLE NIECE SAID HER FIRST WORD AND TOOK HER FIRST STEP, I CRIED WEN MY SISTA GO MARRIED, I CRIED WENMY NEIGHBOURS MOVED, I CRIED I FELL OUT WIV MY FRIEND, I CRIED WEN READING THE QURAN, I CRY WEN I PRAY FAJR..................... BASICALLY, I CRY ALMOST ALL THE TIME...LOL

BUT THE TIME WEN I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA CRY MYSELF TO DEATH WAS WEN MY SISTA RAN OFF WIV MY KABAB AND ATE IT.... I WAS HEARTBROKEN..... :D :D LOL

Here is a little story of why women cry.....

A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?" "Because I need to" she said.

"I don't understand," he said.

His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will." Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason," his dad answered carelessly

The little boy , still wondering why women cry, finally asked the old wise shaikh. "He surely knows the answer", he thought.

"Ya Shaikh! Why do women cry so easily?"

He answered: "When Allah made the woman she had to be made so special. He made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort. He gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that comes from her children. He gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining. He gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child hurts her very badly. He gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart. He gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly. And lastly, He gave her a tear. This is hers and only hers exclusively to use whenever she needs it. She needs no reason, no explanation, its hers."

I soooo knew someone would post that! LOL

Once during a journey, Safiyyah (Radiallahu Anha) was crying because she had be made to ride a slow camel. Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) didn't tell her she was being unreasonable. Instead, he wiped her tears, comforted her, and even tried to find her another camel.

That could have been considered selfish or petty...but Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) didn't treat it at such. :D

Its not a problem really. Locking up your feelings is strange and unhealthy. :D

I CRIED WEN MY LITTLE NIECE SAID HER FIRST WORD AND TOOK HER FIRST STEP, I CRIED WEN MY SISTA GO MARRIED, I CRIED WENMY NEIGHBOURS MOVED, I CRIED I FELL OUT WIV MY FRIEND, I CRIED WEN READING THE QURAN, I CRY WEN I PRAY FAJR..................... BASICALLY, I CRY ALMOST ALL THE TIME...LOL

BUT THE TIME WEN I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA CRY MYSELF TO DEATH WAS WEN MY SISTA RAN OFF WIV MY KABAB AND ATE IT.... I WAS HEARTBROKEN..... :D :D LOL

Those are non-selfish, except for the kebab.

I think it's very bad for people to cry over nothing when there are Muslim suffering so much worse around the world.

I'm sure Islamically there are certain moments when you should cry?

Once during a journey, Safiyyah (Radiallahu Anha) was crying because she had be made to ride a slow camel. Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) didn't tell her she was being unreasonable. Instead, he wiped her tears, comforted her, and even tried to find her another camel.

That could have been considered selfish or petty...but Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) didn't treat it at such. :D

Hmmm, I sort of expected that one too. Um, I think there were other factors leading to her crying, not just a slow camel. Some of her family were killed?

^Beautifully put.

Come on please, put in context. He (peace be upon him) knew what she had been through... death of her father and her husband.

Come on please, put in context. He (peace be upon him) knew what she had been through... death of her father and her husband.

And the moral of the story is...

If a woman is crying about something seemingly trivial, there is often alot more behind it. You just have to do a bit of digging.

Yes, there can be a lot more, in some cases, it's that she is selfish!

OK what about losing a debate? Her arguments were logically refuted and she couldn't say anything, so she started crying becuase she lost the argument. Ah, the important thing here is that she is crying infornt ofother people which means she wants people to feel sorry for her.

So maybe it's where you cry? Crying in private vs public?

no that doesnt mean she wants people to feel bad for her! Im sorry but sometimes when my brothers gang up on me, or I "lose" an arguement (which is not often LOL) or get "owned" (lol :D) I START CRYING! I cant help it! I DONT KNOW WHY I DO! of course i usually try my best not to cry and leave and cry alone! but sometimes i can not help but to cry in front of others cause it comes before i leave BUT I DEFINITELY DONTTTTT want anyone to feel bad for me! i dont want them to say anything to me or try to comfort me... just to leave me alone...

a while ago i was saying sorry to my dad for something, and i just started crying... aggh.. i couldnt have not cried.... can not control it.... he took my hand.. that was so nice... :D

silent tears...

Brother Panthera Tigris, why don't you put all stuff that you are still expecting so we don't write. :D

We shouldn't forget that momin's heart is mom(wax).

I think in some cases it is emotional blackmail. yeah that selfish ones. :D

Edited by friend of all

I might be wrong brother Panthera but I think you might be after proving that women cry cause they are selfish? Correct me if im wrong....

JazzakAllah Khair sister Labibah that was very nice.

Edited by Ibn_Khaldun

not all women cry alot, i rarely cry

i only cry when i'm angry and cant do anything about it,but when i can hit or throw something at the person who has angered me then why would i cry?

salaam

Yes, there can be a lot more, in some cases, it's that she is selfish!

OK what about losing a debate? Her arguments were logically refuted and she couldn't say anything, so she started crying becuase she lost the argument. Ah, the important thing here is that she is crying infornt ofother people which means she wants people to feel sorry for her.

So maybe it's where you cry? Crying in private vs public?

Haha, you don't get it. Not that I get it either. I just accept it. :D It looks like you have an agenda. Bitter about something?

Assalamu alaikum, Allah has made men and Women different. Women are more emotional than men, and show their feelings in different ways. I get very emotional and cry at almost anything, but in privacy, or in front of my husband and children, and it is very rarely for selfish reasons. The one time i did not shed tears at a personal loss, People spread around that I have the heart of a stone.

Well, there is no pleasing everybody. Just accept that women are different than men and leave it at that. Allah made them like that.

Wassalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

not all women cry alot, i rarely cry

i only cry when i'm angry and cant do anything about it,but when i can hit or throw something at the person who has angered me then why would i cry?

salaam

Yep, crying is better in that case, better than violence!

salaam, prophet (SAW) said that crying is better than laghing. He also said laughing excessively kills the heart. I was also reading in the q'uran the other day about a person a sheads on tear drop fro Islam etc. Allah said 'do you know ow much is in that one drop' sorry but i can't remember the rest.

w/salaam :D

salaam, prophet (SAW) said that crying is better than laghing. He also said laughing excessively kills the heart. I was also reading in the q'uran the other day about a person a sheads on tear drop fro Islam etc. Allah said 'do you know ow much is in that one drop' sorry but i can't remember the rest.

w/salaam :D

See, that's not what I'm talking about.