Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ummammaar

Stock Up On Basmati Rice Before Supply Goes Down, And Prices

:sl:

I wanted to see if this is just happening in the US (which still many are not aware of), so I went on google and found this. Seems like it will affect the whole world:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetguardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/7502379"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetguardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/7502379[/url]

... India has imported wheat in the last two years and imports of edible oils have risen to help meet rising consumer demand and changing food habits. India has also banned non-basmati rice exports to ensure local availability...

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetdawn(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2008/05/06/int5.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetdawn(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2008/05/06/int5.htm[/url]

Edited by ummammaar

PropellerAds

:sl: Sis,

IS this one of the signs of day of judgement?

Also is it halal to stock up on such things? I'm just asking because I really don't know. :sl: :no:

Allahu alam. I don't have the answer for your questions.

I forgot to mention: If eat lentils, you need to stock up on them, too. There's going to be a shortage of them, too. Some store owners are not even sure if there will be any! Take a look at this, too.. It looks like it's not just what I mentioned:

Meanwhile, some Americans are stocking up on staples such as rice, flour and oil in anticipation of high prices and shortages spreading from overseas.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethuffingtonpost(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2008/04/23/americans-stockpiling-foo_n_98264.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethuffingtonpost(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2008/04/23/a...oo_n_98264.html[/url]

WHEAT PRICES GO UP.; Report of Winter Blight In Illinois Causes a Bulge.[using large font size is not allowed] April 11, 1912, Thursday

Page 13, 344 words

CHICAGO, April 10. -- Sensational reports as to the extent of Winter killing in Central Illinois, in Ohio and Indiana, caused wheat prices to bulge to-day 2 1/3 2 1/4, the July delivery reaching as high as 99 1/2.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_query.nytimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/gst/abstract.html?res=9F05EED6143CE633A25752C1A9629C946396D6CF"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_query.nytimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/gst/abstract.html...9629C946396D6CF[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetalbertalocalnews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/reddeeradvocate/business/Higher_wheat_prices_trouble.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetalbertalocalnews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/reddeeradv...es_trouble.html[/url] Higher wheat prices trouble[using large font size is not allowed]

Edited by ummammaar

seriously sister shukran for the advice , we heard this some 5 years ago from knowledgeable people Mashaayekh .

Now its materializing .

Assalamu alaikum, Yes prices are soaring up here too, it has started, don't know where it will end.

:sl: Sis,

IS this one of the signs of day of judgement?

Also is it halal to stock up on such things? I'm just asking because I really don't know. :sl: :no:

I was thinking about it too, and checked with my sons and they are of the opinion that, it is not right to stock up on things, even though it is for self consumption. What they said is that we should get the amount that we normally get now, and think about later when the time comes, if the grains are expensive then we should buy them at the price they are available at that time.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Assalamu'alikum,

ukthi are your son's scolars? if so masha'Allah!!

Subhan'Allah I am dreading going to Tesco's these days! I just get the basics and it comes to over £60 a week! It's only me, my wife and little one....its pretty much double what I use to pay! It's very worrying.

A reason for prices going up is increase in the demand aswell as decrease in production. Less production and now people are stocking up so increase in demanding therefore increae in price so less people will feel the temptation to stock up!