Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
emel

Awrah

:D

I was in two minds about whether to put this in the sisters room but inshaAllah I would like to get a comprehensive answer, and aswell as knowledgable sisters, some of the most knowledgable members are brothers. :D

Q: What is the muslim woman's awrah infront of non-muslim women?

If anyone feels this is an inappropriate place to put this, please feel free to move it.

Edited by emel

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, The answer below is for a similar question regarding the Awrah of Men and Women this was the answer given by the Scholar of Quranic Sciences Institute.

InshaAllah I hope it helps. After reading the answer, I have put in bold what I understood is Awrah for Muslim women in front of Non Muslim women, but I will still confirm with the Scholar, and post it here soon inshaAllah. Wassalamu Alaikum, umhmad.

As Salaam Alaikum

The Scholars of the four schools of thought have all agreed upon the fact that the private parts are Awrah (parts of the body that needs to be hidden) also the Awrah of a man is anything between the Navel and the Knees, and they have also agreed that the navel is not part of the Awrah.

They have also agreed that the Awrah of a woman in and out her Salaah is her whole body except for her Hands, Face, and Feet according the Hanafi school of thought only and according to the other 3 schools of thought the feet are part of Awrah.

Regarding the Knees for men so the Hanafi school of thought say it is Awrah and the other Three schools of thought say it is not Awrah.

Regarding the Awrah of a women in front of her Mahaarim (men unlawful to marry) or other muslim women, according to the Hanafi and Shafi school of thought the Awrah is from the Navel to Knees.

The scholars of Maliki school of thought say her whole body is Awrah except for her Head, Face, Neck, Hands and Feet.

The scholars of the Hambali school of thought say her whole body is Awrah except for her Face, Neck, Head, Hands, Feet and Shins.

Wallahu Alam

Abu Zaid Uthman bin Mahmood

Salaam,

I found this answer on Islam q&a, it's too long to post but the gist is that the awrah for women in front of non-Muslim women is the same as for Muslim women.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=43480&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...&QR=43480&dgn=4[/url]

you need to look at the second part of the answer as the first part is not so relevant.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Sisters umAhmad and Darla came up with useful info :D :D

I also found the following peice of info if it might come in any use:

Women Covering in Front of Other Women

Answered by Shaykh Amjad Rasheed

What is ruling of hijab if a woman is at a women’s gathering? I know it is permissible for her to remove her scarf, but how much of her body can she expose?

If she is in the presence of trustworthy Muslim women, her nakedness is only between her navel and knees. As for what is above that, such as her chest, it is permissible for her to uncover it in front of them, as often happens with nursing women. As for if she is in the presence of:

a non-Muslim woman, or

a Muslim woman who is wicked through extramarital sexual intercourse (Ar. zina), or

a Muslim woman who is wicked through lesbianism,

then it is not permissible for her to expose any of her body except that which shows during work, this being: her head, neck, arms up to the upper arms, and legs up to the knees (Tuhfa, 7.194,200). However, it is better for her to cover herself [m: more than what is strictly required] because a non-Muslim or wicked woman might describe her to a man who is not permitted to look at her.

Amjad Rasheed

Amman, Jordan

(Translated by Moustafa Elqabbany)