Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fluffysteve

Sharia Law

lots of crazy punishments and i think i got a temporary ban for mocking it.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4832872.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4832872.stm[/url]

The Afghan government says it is up to the judiciary to decide the fate of a man who could face death for converting to Christianity.

Abdul Rahman, 41, is charged with rejecting Islam and could be executed under Sharia law unless he reconverts.

seems a bit strange to me.

PropellerAds

exactly what is this sharia thing? Is it like the Islamic equivilant of morality/justice?

exactly what is this sharia thing? Is it like the Islamic equivilant of morality/justice?

Shariah is Islamic LAw, it is derived from the teachings of the Holy Qur`an and the Sunnah of the Prophet :D

Sharia is the Arabic word for Islamic law, also known as the Law of Allah, and governs both public and private lives of those living in an Islamic state. [citation needed] Sharia covers not only religious rituals, but many aspects of day-to-day life, politics, economics, banking, business or contract law, and social issues. The term Sharia refers to the body of Islamic law. Some accept Sharia as the body of precedent and legal theory before the 19th century, while other scholars view Sharia as a changing body, and include reform Islamic legal theory from the contemporary period.

Isn't this thing like out of date? It's like ancient, must have alotta hate in it, particuarily against, gays, lesbos, bi's, transvesto's.

We got a real comedian on our hands here dont we. Its no different than any other religion that has laws. I think you need to read more upon than to just justify as if you know everything about the religion considerig you might feel left out if you are one of the things you mentioned in your post.

Well theres actually nothing funny about it, most religions do discriminate against those groups and the majority of people find this perfectly acceptable. From the little I learned about Islam I already know that Islamic law discriminates against these groups - pretty much all I need to not support it.

We've been discussing this case for days now. You might want to check out the merged thread ... (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=27533&view=findpost&p=268381"]Apostasy in Islam[/url].

:D

Please continue discussion in the link posted above.