Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dot

Episode 28: The Victory Of Truth & Goodness Over Evil & Per

On the Path of the Beloved

Episode 28: the victory of truth & goodness

over evil & personal interests

In the name of Allah, the All-Merciful, the Ever-Merciful. All prayers and blessings of Allah be upon our master, the most noble Prophet (SAWS)[1].

This time, I am not sure to whom exactly we should bid farewell. Is it to Ramadan, to the Qur’an, or to Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) It is indeed a difficult episode but let us begin with six main points:

1. Thanks,

2. Apology,

3. Confirmation,

4. A summary of the Seerah (The story of Prophet Muhammad’s (SAWS) life),

5. A reminder of what is to follow the month of Ramadan,

6. Today’s part of the Seerah.

First, we have to thank all those who have helped making this work a success. By doing so, they helped in reviving the Seerah in the whole world. I want to thank the Saudi government and people for allowing us to have our episodes aired around all the holy sites we have been to. We are in immense gratitude to the people of the Medinah who have been so gentle, kind, and generous to us. We also wish to thank Sheikh Saleh Kamel for his support to have our episodes on Iqraa’ channel. We now have to thank the management staff of Hotel Oberoi who have hosted us. It is time now to thank our crew and director who have done their best in all the sites we have been to. We also have to thank The Madinah Center of Information and Anwar Al-Madinah Company for their aid and support.

Last but not least, we thank Allah (SWT)[2]. I had to start by thanking the people since this is what Allah (SWT) teaches us to do. Nevertheless, it is to The Ever-Magnificent, The Sovereign that our greatest thanks go. It is a great blessing indeed that He (SWT) made it possible for us to have our episodes here, next to the Prophet’s Masjid and in all the different sites we have been to, a privilege that has not been granted before to many people. I am in great gratitude myself for this huge blessing.

How can we end this episode without thanking Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) for his life and endurance? He could have made Dua’a (supplication) against those who abused him, yet he preferred to bear the suffering for his message to be delivered to us, to all of us. May Allah (SWT) reward him immensely for everything he had done for the whole humanity.

It is now time for the apology. This program should have two more episodes but I will wrap it up with today’s episode instead. It is that I have been away form my family for a whole month now and I will need to catch up with them early in order to be able to celebrate Eid with them so I do need you to forgive me for that..

The confirmation is that the episodes will be repeated after Ramadan, on Tuesdays and Fridays, along with English subtitles, on Iqraa’ channel. I believe that this is very important as we all have to learn and to comprehend the lessons of the Seerah very well in order to be ready for the programs that will follow if Allah wills.

Now, trying to summarize the Seerah is a difficult task indeed. Nevertheless, I will try to put it into key points that characterize the Prophet’s method for revival. The title of this summary could be “The Message for Revival on Earth” or rather “The victory of Goodness over Evil”. The duration was twenty-three years. This message targeted humanity. It was a human experience based on revelation that sets the methodology through the Qur’an. Thorough planning, rather than pure miracles, was the thing that guaranteed success since miracles did not change the course of events but rather raised the moral and strengthened the spirits.

The key characteristics should then be as follows:

a- Flexible and thorough planning.

b- Sacrifice and endurance.

c- Spiritual, intellectual, ethical, and political training that prepares sound generations.

d- Fair co-existence between civilizations; that guarantees our rights and leaves our Islamic beliefs intact.

e- Opting for peace rather than aggression and war as an essence in Islam.

f- Believing in the 'Rights to Citizenship' in spite of differences in beliefs maintaining good ties within the society.

g- Stressing on the importance of the role of women in the revival.

h- Using culture and art as main tools to boost the morale of the people.

i- Uniting Muslims in spite of differences.

j- The language of da’wa (missionary activity) should be progressive matching the current circumstances.

k- The five basic values essential for the revival are: truthfulness, trustworthiness, faithfulness, diligence, and maintaining hope.

l- Respecting the people’s freedom of speech.

m- Having a leader and a role model for the generations.

n- Having a strong belief that supports the revival since belief and success are intertwined.

We move now to what we should do after Ramadan. First, you should love the Prophet (SAWS) as much as you possibly can. This can be done through learning about his Seerah. It is essential to live with a constant memory of the example of the Prophet (SAWS) trying to follow it in our lives. Secondly, remember that you have a mission to revive the earth, hence look for the suitable field through which you can fulfill your duty and employ what you can to serve this mission.

This is how I love the prophet (SAWS) and this is how we should all follow his example.

Before talking about the Prophet’s (SAWS) death, we will have to stop at the farewell sermon that the Prophet (SAWS) gave on year 10 after the revelation when he was sixty-three years old. It was exactly three months and three days before his death. It was in Hijjat Al-wadaa’ (The Farewell Hajj) because in it, the Prophet (SAWS) bid farewell to the Muslims when he was accompanied by 100,000 people and all his wives. All along the way, he pronounced the Oneness of Allah (saying), “Labbaik (I am responding to Your message), O Allah, Labbaik, Labbaik. Thou hast no partner, praise and grace is Thine and the Sovereignty too; Thou hast no partner.” And the people also pronounced this Talbiya.

In that sermon, the Prophet (SAWS) said, “Do you know what day is it today?”, “Allah and His Apostle know better," said the people. He remained silent till they thought that he might give that day another name. He said, “Is it not the Day of Nahr (Sacrifice)?” They said, “It is” He further asked, “Which month is this?” They said, “Allah and His Apostle know better.” He remained silent till they thought that he might give it another name. He then said, “Is it not the month of Dhul-Hijja?” They replied, “Yes! It is.” He further asked, “What town is this?” They replied, “Allah and His Apostle know it better.” He remained silent till they thought that he might give it another name. He then said, “Is it not the forbidden (Sacred) town (of Makkah)?” They said, “Yes. It is.” He then said, “Verily your blood and your property are as sacred and inviolable as the sacredness of this day of yours, in this month of yours, in this town of yours. Behold! Everything pertaining to the Days of Ignorance is under my feet completely abolished. Abolished are also the blood-revenges of the Days of Ignorance…Fear Allah concerning women! Verily you have taken them on the security of Allah, and intercourse with them has been made lawful unto you by words of Allah…You would be asked about me (on the Day of Resurrection), (now tell me) what would you say? They (the audience) said, “We will bear witness that you have conveyed (the message), discharged (the ministry of Prophethood) and given wise (sincere) counsel.” He then raised his forefinger towards the sky and pointing it at the people and said, “O Allah, be witness. O Allah, be witness” saying it thrice.[3]

On that very day the following ayah was revealed where Allah (SWT) says what can be translated as, “Today I have completed your religion for you, and I have perfected My favor on you, and I am satisfied with Islam as a religion for you” (TMQ, 5:3)[4].

The prophet after leaving Al-Moltazam[5], gathered the people again and said, "I am a human being, and I will die. Allah will ask you about me, what are you going to tell Him?" The companions said, "we will tell Him that you had informed us with His message and you had done your best. We will ask Him to reward you with the best thing He will ever reward any prophet with." Then the Prophet (SAAW) said, "thanks to Allah." He (SAAW) left Mekkah and on his way to Medinah together with Al-Fadl Ibn Al-Abbas, a woman came to ask him (SAAW) something. Al-Fadl kept looking at the woman's face as she was pretty, but the Prophet (SAAW) turned Al-Fadl's face towards him because he must not gaze at her face like this.

The Prophet (SAAW) reached Medinah, where he gathered the people in the Masjid and said, "O my people. I am pleased with Abu-Bakr, Omar, Ali, Othman, Talha, Al-Zobayr, Sa'd, Ibn-Ouf, Al-Muhajireen, and Al-Ansar. I am asking you to take care of my family, and companions. Do not ever talk ill of anybody without a proof. On the Day of Judgment, I see all the nations. Some prophets come with only one believer, some with two, till I see a huge number of people. I say ummaty ummaty (my people). Allah tells me no, this is omat Nuh[6], look at the other side. I look and see a huger number of people. Allah tells me that this is your ummah; 70.000 one of them will enter Jannah (paradise) without any torture. Then I ask Allah for more, He says every 1000 has 70.000 with them."

The prophet (SAAW) had got so sick that he was praying while sitting and not standing. One day Omar entered and said to him, "you became old, dear Prophet" He (SAAW) said, "yes Omar. A verse in Surat Hud made me grow old. Allah says what can be translated as, "So go straight, as you have been commanded, (you) and whoever repents with you, and do not be inordinate; surely He is Ever-Beholding whatever you do." (TMQ 112:11)

Before his last pilgrimage, the prophet (SAAW) said to Fatima, "Every year Gabriel used to revise the Qur'an with me once only, but this year he has done so twice. I think this portends my death." He asked her to be patient in order to be greatly rewarded by Allah (SWT). Then Fatima asked Allah (SWT) to make her be strong enough to be patient. The last verse is revealed to the Prophet (SAAW) which is, "And protect yourselves against a Day in which you will be returned to Allah. Thereafter every self will be (paid) in full what it has earned, and they will not be done injustice." (TMQ 281:2).

The prophet (SAAW) started to ponder what had happened to him throughout his life. Afterwards, the prophet (SAAW) visited the martyrs of Uhud. Then he cried. The companions asked him, "Why are you crying?" he said, "I missed my brothers and sisters" they said, "are we not your brothers and sisters?" he said, "no, you are my companions. My brothers and sisters are those who come after my death, and believe in me without seeing me. I missed them, so I cried."

After this, the prophet (SAAW) said to Abu-Mowayheba, "I want to visit Al-Baqi'." Then the prophet (SAAW) said, "Allah made me choose whether to possess all the treasurers of the world, live forever, and enter Jannah, or to meet Allah (SWT) and enter Jannah." Abu-Mowayheba said, "O Prophet, please choose to live forever." The Prophet (SAAW) said, "No Abu-Mowayheba. I chose to meet Allah (SWT). I miss Him so much"

Afterwards, the Prophet (SAAW) became very sick. Now there were thirteen days left before his (SAAW) death. In the first eleven days, the prophet (SAAW) led the people in prayer, but in the last three days he could not, accordingly he said," 'Tell Abu-Bakr to lead the people in the prayer." We still have four days left. The Prophet (SAAW) felt that he can go and pray in the Masjid, but when Abu-Bakr saw him, he wanted to leave the place for the prophet (SAAW) but he asked him to stay. Abu-bakr led the people in prayer including the prophet (SAAW) himself. After they finished, the prophet (SAAW) said, "No prophet dies unless he prays behind an Imam of his people." This is an indication that someone must come after the prophet to complete his mission, so please do not neglect it.

Three days left, and the prophet (SAAW) became extremely ill. He gathered his wives and asked their permission to be nursed at Aisha's house, and they accepted. He was carried to Aisha by Ali Ibn Abi-Taleb and Al-Fadl Ibn Al-Abbas as he could not stand by himself. People were sad to see the Prophet carried like this, and they gathered in the Masjid inquiring about his (SAAW) health. The prophet (SAAW) started to say, "There is no God but Allah; the death has agonies." He sweated heavily, and Aisha started to remove his sweat by his own hands as they are more honorable than hers. Then, she remembered that whenever the prophet knew that someone was ill, he put his hand on the patient's forehead and said, "Lord of the people, remove the disease, cure him, for Thou art The Great Curer . There is no cure but through Thine healing power, which leaves nothing of the disease." And, she did so. He removed his hand and told her, "no dear Aisha. It's no use doing that now." And only then she knew that he will die.

The prophet (SAAW) heard the voices of the people outside and asked the companions to carry him to them. They spilled about seven pipes of water on him to recover. Then, he went to the Masjid. He was now on the pulpit. Could you please listen to him as if you were there?

"O my people, do you fear for me?" they said "yes". He added, "I will not meet you here, but there at the basin. By Allah, I can see it from here. O my people, I do not fear for you because of poverty, but because of competing each other in the worldly life, then you will be ruined as your ancestors. Allah (SWT) gave a choice to one of (His) slaves either to choose this world or what is with Him in the Hereafter. He chose the latter. Abu Bakr wept. That slave was Allah's Apostle himself. Abu Bakr knew more than anyone else. The Prophet (SAAW) said, "O Abu Bakr! Don't weep. The Prophet (SAAW) added, Abu- Bakr has favored me much with his property and company. Close all the gates to the Masjid except that of Abu Bakr." Then the prophet said, "To whoever I whipped, come and whip me. To whomever I took money from, come and take my money. To whoever I cursed, come and curse me." A man said, "I owe you three dirhams". Then the prophet (SAAW) asked Al-Abbas to give him the money. The prophet (SAAW) continued, "Fear Allah in Salah. Fear Allah in your relatives. Fear Allah in women, and take care of them." Then he started praying and said, "May Allah shelter you, grant victory over you, protect and support you". Finally he said, "Remember me to all the Muslims who will come after my death till the Day of Judgment."

At the last night, Fatima came to see her father. Then he told her a secret which made her weep. He then told her another one which made her laugh. When the Prophet (SAAW) died, people asked her about it. She replied, "He told me that he will die tonight, so I wept. Then he told me that I will be the first of his family to follow him, so I laughed."

The second morning, while Muslims were offering Al-Fajr prayer on Monday and Abu Bakr was leading them in prayer, suddenly Allah's Apostle (SAAW) lifted the curtain of Aisha's dwelling and looked at them while they were in the rows of the prayers and smiled. Abu Bakr retreated to join the row, thinking that Allah's Apostle wanted to come out for the prayer. The Muslims were about to be put to trial in their prayer (i.e. were about to give up praying) because of being overjoyed to see Allah's Apostle (SAAW). But Allah's Apostle (SAAW) beckoned them with his hand to complete their prayer and then entered the dwelling and drew the curtain back.

Now the prophet was on his deathbed. His head was resting between "my chest and chin" as Lady Aisha was always saying. This shows that Islam is a religion of love. It starts with Gabriel embracing the prophet, and he (SAAW) died embraced by his wife Aisha. The prophet started to say," O Allah! (Please let me be) with the Highest Companion." Thereupon Aisha said, "Hence he is not going to stay with us? The story is that Gabriel came to the prophet asking his permission to let Malak-Al-Mawt[7] enter, and the prophet (SAAW) permitted him. Malak-Al-Mawt said, "Allah sent me to ask you if you want this world or the Highest Companion?" then, Malak-Al-Mawt stood at the prophet's forehead and said, "O good soul of Muhammad Ibn Abdullah, get out and Allah is totally pleased with you". Then, his hands fell down, and Aisha knew that he was dead. She opened the curtain and told the people that the prophet (SAAW) was dead, and they all burst into tears. Ali was rendered paralyzed, Othman astonished, Fatima tried to be patient and kept saying," O Father! Who has responded to the call of the Lord Who has invited him! O Father, whose dwelling place is the Garden of Paradise (i.e. Al-Firdaus)! O Father! We convey this tidings (of your death) to Gabriel.", and Omar took his sword and said that he will behead anyone will say that the prophet is dead.

Abu Bakr came from his house at As-Sunh on a horse. He dismounted and entered the Masjid, but did not speak to the people till he entered upon Aisha and went straight to Allah's Apostle (SAAW) who was covered with Hibra cloth (i.e. a kind of Yemenite cloth). He then uncovered the Prophet's face and bowed over him, kissed him and with tears running down his cheeks he said, "Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you. By Allah, Allah will never cause you to die twice. As for the death which was written for you, has come upon you." Abu Bakr went out while Omar Ibn Al-Khattab was talking to the people. Abu Bakr said, "Sit down, Omar!" But 'Omar refused to sit down. So people came to Abu Bakr and left Omar. Abu Bakr said, "To proceed, if anyone amongst you used to worship Muhammad, then Muhammad is dead, but if (anyone of) you used to worship Allah, then Allah is Alive and shall never die. Allah said what can be translated as, "And in no way is Muhammad (anything) except a Messenger; the Messengers have already passed away before him. Then, will it be that, in case he dies or is killed, will you turn (Literally: turn (s) over on) on your heels? And whoever turns (Literally: turn (s) over on) on his heels, then he will never harm Allah in anything; and Allah will recompense the thankful"(TMQ 144:3).

Omar said, "By Allah, when I heard Abu Bakr reciting it, my legs could not support me and I fell down at the very moment of hearing him reciting it, declaring that the Prophet (SAAW) had died." Abu-Bakr then said to Omar that they should appoint a caliph to succeed the prophet (SAAW). Muslims chose Abu-Bakr.

Now, it is time to wash the body of the prophet (SAAW). Ali, Al-Abbas, Al-Fadl Ibn Al-Abbas, Alkafl Ibn Al-Abbas, and Osama Ibn Zayd came to wash his body. A man from Al-Ansar called Aws came and asked to participate. The prophet (SAAW) had asked Ali to be washed in his clothes and for people to enter in groups to pray for the prophet (SAAW). The first group included Abu-Bakr and Omar who said that the prophet (SAAW) had delivered Allah's message to us. Then came women and children.

While the companions were burying the prophet (SAAW), they could not toss earth on his body. They remembered then that he (SAAW) once said, "My life is good for you because I'll lead you to the right path. My death, too, is good for you. Every Thursday I see your deeds. I thank Allah for their goodness, and asked Allah's forgiveness for their evil." They asked him then, "do you recognize us, prophet?" he replied, "yes I will till the Day of Judgment". Then they asked, "how do you pray for us and the worms will have eaten your body?" he said, "Allah forbid the worms from eating the prophets' bodies." Afterwards, they tossed earth on his body. Al-Moghira Ibn Sho'ba threw his ring into the tomb of the prophet (SAAW). Then, he told the others that he had lost his ring, and went to the prophet (SAAW) and said to him that he wanted to be the last one to tell him As-Salamo Alykom. When they returned, Fatima said to Anas, "O Anas! How could you throw earth over Allah's Apostle?"

Anas said that the prophet (SAAW) entered Medinah on Monday, so everything in it was bright. He died on Monday and everything in Medinah became dark. Do you love the prophet (SAAW) in that way? Do you miss him? I will go to him tonight after the episode wraps up; shall I promise him that we will carry on his mission?

The next day, Bilal went to recite the Azan (call for prayer), and when he reached, "and Muhammad is His prophet", he could not go on. He tried hard but failed. Then, he asked Abu-Bakr's forgiveness for he could not recite the Azan while the prophet (SAAW) was not here. Everything missed him, even the trees. Do you remember the trunk beside which he used to stand while giving his speeches? When the prophet (SAAW) moved to the pulpit, the companions said that they heard the trunk cry. The prophet (SAAW) came and told it, i.e., the trunk, "Do not cry. Do you not wish to be my companion in Jannah?"

This was the last episode and I wanted to ask you to carry the mission in order to be the prophet's (SAAW) companions in Jannah.

Was-Salamo Alykom Wa Rahmato-Allah Wa Barakatoh

[1] All Prayers and Blessings of Allah be upon him.

[2] SWT=Suhanahu wa Ta'ala [Glorified and Exalted Be He].

[3] Authentic Hadith by Bukhari Volume 2, Book 26, Number 797and by Muslim Book 007, Number 2803.

[4] TMQ=Translation of the Meaning of the Qur'an. This translation is for the realized meaning, so far, of the stated (Surah:Ayah) of the Qur'an. Reading the translated meaning of the Qur'an can never replace reading it in Arabic, the language in which it was revealed.

[5] It is the place between the rock, and the ka'ba's door.

[6] The people pf Noah

[7] The angel who takes the souls of people.

-----------------------------------------------------

AmrKhaled(contact admin if its a beneficial link) © ÌãíÚ ÍÞæÞ ÇáäÔÑ ãÍÝæÙÉ

This Article may be published and duplicated freely for private purposes, as long as the original source is mentioned. For all other purposes you need to obtain the prior written approval of the website administration.

For info: amrkhaled

et]dar_altarjama[at]amrkhaled(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

/email]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.amrkhaled(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/acategories/categories161.html"]Original location[/url]

PropellerAds