Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Teakster

Musaafir

Salaam all, :D

How does one become a Musaafir and could someone explain the principles of a Musaafir.

Could you also explain Qasr prayer or can you pray normal salat when you are a Musaafir?

Jazakallah :D

Wasalaam

(Musaafir = traveller)

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum

A person who intends to travel a distance of 77km(48 miles) will be considered a Musaafir. One who travels this distance+ and remains at thir destination for less than 15 days, will be considered a Musaafir for that whole period of time. If they intend to stay at their destination for 15 days or more, then only whilst travelling to their destination will they be classed as a Musaafir.

All those in the state of being a traveller, should abide by the following changes when it comes to salah:

1- Qasr salah. Qasr salah is basically cutting short the number of fardh rakah of usual prayer you would normally perform at home. They stand as follows:

Fajr: 2 rakah fardh (stays the same)

Zohr: 2 rakah fardh

Asr:2 rakah fardh

Maghrib:3 rakah fardh (stays the same)

Isha:2 rakah fardh (+3 witr stays the same)

Islam is a religion of ease and Allah has made it easy upon His creation when travelling.

I hope that somewhat helped you, brother. :D

Ma'assalama

Jazakallah sister strider - That has been useful. :D

However......I have a few more question for someone to answer.

Is performing Qasr salah farz when traveling?

What happens if its Jumma....what do you then?!

(Failing that......does anyone know a good site that explains it in more detail :D )

Wasalaam

salaam alaikum strider,

As per forum rules, it would be appreciated it you could provide some sources for your advice. This topic has come up many times lately (not on IF persay) and the information varies.

The distances I've seen documented range from 1 farsakh (1.5 miles), 3 miles, 9 miles, 48 miles, 50 miles, to just leaving your own town.

Also, is the 48 miles you've cited round trip or one way?

Additionally, I've read that zuhr and asr can be combined and prayed anytime during zuhr or asr hours. Some schools of thought say that maghrib and isha can be combined also, and prayed anywhere after maghrib to before fajr. although, some sources say maghrib, like fajr, is to be prayed on its own.

Allahu alim

walaikum salaam,

AS

Assalamu alaikum

Apologies. I don't have any direct sources of information-i learnt all this whilst attending classes. I follow the Hanafi fiqh, so that may have contributed to it.

Ma'assalama

Apologies. I don't have any direct sources of information-i learnt all this whilst attending classes. I follow the Hanafi fiqh, so that may have contributed to it.

Understandable :D

Here's a link to one source:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/law/fiqhussunnah/fus2_36.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/law/fiqhussunnah/fus2_36.html[/url]

There's more on that USC MSA site, with varying opinions, as well :D

:D

AS