Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Atia

women-islam-manicure

salamualaikum

so long nails aren't hygenic and you can't do wudu with them, right?

but what about manicures??? petticures???they're different sort of.

are there any fatwas on this topic

i've seen many religious muslimahs with them done lately. :D

wasalam :D

PropellerAds
salamualaikum

so long nails aren't hygenic and you can't do wudu with them, right?

but what about manicures??? petticures???they're different sort of.

are there any fatwas on this topic

i've seen many religious muslimahs with them done lately.  :P

wasalam  :D

wsalam.............. :D

you are right long nails are not allowed because it prevents water from enetring behind your nails....with manicures and petticures they often put a coating of something like polish that covers the nails hence this prevents water from cleaning the surface of your nails therefore wudu is not acceptable there............

even if u were to make ur nails look pretty, wouldn't it be a sin then if your hands drew attention from men...fear Allah...salaam sister

Edited by saufia

asalm wa alikum,

in jahanam there are a group of people who have long nails which they use to claw themselves, those are the people who back bite and gossip their own muslims,

so having long nails doesnt that mean imatating them? so 1 shouldnt even have long nails,

:D

Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible for a woman to colour her nails for the purpose of adornment, with materials that do not cause harm, and there is nothing wrong with her praying with that, unless it is a substance that prevents water from reaching what is beneath it, in which case wudoo’ and ghusl are not valid unless it is removed. If the wudoo’ is not valid then the prayer is not valid.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/218: “If the colour is impermeable, then wudoo’ is not valid unless it is removed before doing wudoo’. If it is not impermeable, then wudoo’ is valid, as is the case with henna.�

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

On Long Nails

Praise be to Allaah.

Letting the nails grow long is makrooh, if not haraam, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) set a time limit for cutting the nails, and said that they should not be left for more than forty days. (Narrated by Muslim in al-Tahaarah, 258).

It is strange that those who claim to be civilized leave their nails to grow even though they trap dirt and make a person look like an animal. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Use whatever causes blood to flow, and eat the animals if the name of Allaah is mentioned on slaughtering them. Do not slaughter with teeth or fingernails and I will tell you why: it is because teeth are bones (i.e., cannot cut properly) and fingernails are the tools used by the Ethiopians (whom we should not imitate for they are infidels).� (Narrated by al-Bukhaari in al-Sharikah, 3507; Muslim in al-Adaahi, 1968). This refers to the fact that they used to use their fingernails as knives to slaughter animals and cut the meat, etc. This is the way of those who resemble animals.

Kitaab al-Da’wah, 5. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 2/79 (Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

even if u were to make ur nails look pretty, wouldn't it be a sin then if your hands drew attention from men...fear Allah...salaam sister

true... but what if it was only for your husband?

and besides that, it makes a womens hand look different from a mans.

but ya its haram.

:D mm for this! I hate to see women with long nails. I don't think it is very hygenic at all. About manicures you can tell the lady not to coat them with anything and just get the manicure alone cutting of the nails and the massage but you know I find it a waste of money and time also.

Do henna that is nice and it is halal.