Islamic Forum
- IQRA -

Praying With Shoes...

So have you ever prayed with shoes?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. So have you ever prayed with shoes?

• Yes
    • No
    • InshALLAH i will
    • Other...plz specify below>

:D

Do not always pray without shoes.

"He used to stand (in prayer) bare-footed sometimes and wearing shoes sometimes." [Abu Dawood & Ibn Maajah. It is a mutawatir hadeeth as Tahaawi has mentioned.

He (saaws) said: When one of you prays, he should wear his shoes or take them off and put them between his feet, and not harm others with them. [Abu Dawood & Bazzaar (53, az-Zawa'id); Haakim declared it saheeh and Dhahabi agreed.]

Be different from the Jews, for they do not pray in their shoes nor in their khuffs (leather socks). [Abu Dawood & Bazzaar (53, az-Zawa'id); Haakim declared it saheeh and Dhahabi agreed.]

The Messenger of Allah (saaws) prayed with us one day. Whilst he was engaged in the prayer he took off his shoes and placed them on his left. When the people saw this, they took off their shoes. When he finished his prayer he said, Why did you take your shoes off? They said, 'We saw you taking your shoes off, so we took our shoes off.' He said, Verily Jibreel came to me and informed me that there was dirt - or he said: something harmful - (in another narration: filth) on my shoes, so I took them off. Therefore, when one of you goes to the Masjid, he should look at his shoes: if he see in them dirt - or he said: something harmful - (in another narration: filth) he should wipe them and pray in them. [Abu Dawood, Ibn Khuzaimah & Haakim, who declared it saheeh and Dhahabi and Nawawi agreed. The first one is given in Irwaa' (284)]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_muttaqun(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/salahframes.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_muttaqun(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/salahframes.html[/url]

Questions: so does it mean with clean shoes? or just our usual- everyday shoes? inside the home or outside?

PropellerAds

hmm, ive never prayed with my shoes on basically because, we walk outside in the street and we then have dirt on our shoes so how can we pray with dirty shoes? if u only wear a pair of shoes inside the house then :D i think its ok to read salah with them on beacause they dont have any impurities on! well thats what i think :D

As-salaamu 'alaikum

There is an excellent book on this very topic, and you should be able to get it at most Islaamic bookstores, on or offline included:

pic200516.jpg

It should answer most of your questions inshaa'Allaah!

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan

Praying with shoes on (Hanafi fiqh)

Praying with shoes is also acceptable if they are pure, which is the assumption, unless they are known to be otherwise. As for whether the shoes have to be flexible so as to enable correct posture, this is certainly preferable but not necessarily a condition for validity. Pointing one’s toes towards the Qibla is an emphasized sunna of the prayer [Tahtawi on Maraqi al-Falah, 1:365] whereas for validity it is sufficient to have any part of the toes touching the ground (Nur al-Idah, 1:320).

The soles of shoes and footgear are purified by rubbing if from an impurity that has a body, either intrinsic or acquired. So if they have impurities such as blood or feces which have a body, then these can be easily removed by simply rubbing until the trace is removed.

And Allah knows best

Sohail Hanif & Faraz Rabbani.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=1147&CATE=4"]Source[/url]

Nopes, I've never. :D

Jazakallah khair for the informative posts. :D

yup wenever i can.... i read it was sunnah accrding to the bok of manners... insha'Allah il post whaat it says

Nope i havnt, though i will start to :D :D

One of my uncles does so, and only found out recently from him that its allowed.

Assalaamu Alaikum

Yes, in the school gym; only because i was too lazy to take them off. Jazakallahu Khair for an informative post sister IQRA, i wasn't aware that it's Sunnah.

btw... you can buy the book that Aboo Uthmaan posted off of

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.wise-shop(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]www.wise-shop(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

I always thought it was best not to pray wearing shoes.

Guess not.

:D for the information.

.. yeh i reckon alot of people are brought up like that... if you go to pakistan.. you get smacked for wearing shoes in the Masjid lol.. i remember :D

.. yeh i reckon alot of people are brought up like that... if you go to pakistan.. you get smacked for wearing shoes in the Masjid lol.. i remember :D

Yes, but the obvious reason is that shoes in those countries become very dirty - very quickly.

Edited by anonymous

Interesting topic.

No, I have never prayed with my shoes on.

Therefore, when one of you goes to the Masjid, he should look at his shoes: if he see in them dirt - or he said: something harmful - (in another narration: filth) he should wipe them and pray in them. [Abu Dawood, Ibn Khuzaimah & Haakim, who declared it saheeh and Dhahabi and Nawawi agreed. The first one is given in Irwaa' (284)]

Does that mean that you are allowed to take the shoes inside the masjid? :D

yup.. only most Masjids are all fancy and carpeted.. so.. unless you wanna slap..

No, I have never prayed with my shoes on and don't think I will-they are not clean enough.

what makes it not allowable to pray in shoes? najaasah... even when you have dog stuff on your shoe.. the earth is enough..

:D lol to AS...i certainly dont want a slap..esp from abu suhaib

------------------

yep...the earth is enough

In the present-day world, where Masjids are carpeted, I do not agree that we should walk into them, and pray, with our shoes on.

Rasool Allah :D wore his shoes because the Masjid was not carpeted and was like the normal ground, except it was clean and pure from any impurities. To say it is Sunnah to pray with shoes on is incorrect in my personal opinion. Sunnah in that sense denotes what we should try and do to follow him :D. We could pick up hadith that he rode on camels and say that it is Sunnah to ride on camels, so we should prefer that as a means of transportation.

I shall try and get hold of the book that brother aboo_uthmaan has mentioned, :D, to see what the scholars say about this subject.

Wassalam

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah to all,

I was at a mussala yesterday attending a tafseer lesson and brought my two little boys with me (3 and 4). (I don't usually take them but no one was able to take care of my boys and my children were welcomed.)

I didn't think of taking their shoes off.

During the middle of the lesson, a woman turned my way and shouted at me, "TAKE THEIR SHOES OFF, THEY ARE DIRTY AND WE PRAY HERE!" I thought, ok.. I'll just take them off because she really freaked out and true, we pray there.

Then the woman giving the lesson stopped .. mashaAllah she's very knowledgeable and said.. "They are children and they are pure... their shoes are not unclean. Let them keep their shoes on" The woman who shouted at me was shocked with the answer. So I left their shoes on and the tafseer continued.

I pray with my shoe on when I've properly made wudu over them and am in a hurry to go somewhere.

Peace

In the present-day world, where Masjids are carpeted, I do not agree that we should walk into them, and pray, with our shoes on.

Rasool Allah :D wore his shoes because the Masjid was not carpeted and was like the normal ground, except it was clean and pure from any impurities. To say it is Sunnah to pray with shoes on is incorrect in my personal opinion. Sunnah in that sense denotes what we should try and do to follow him :). We could pick up hadith that he rode on camels and say that it is Sunnah to ride on camels, so we should prefer that as a means of transportation.

I shall try and get hold of the book that brother aboo_uthmaan has mentioned, :D, to see what the scholars say about this subject.

Wassalam

I have only prayed with shoes whilst travelling (by airplane), otherwise I pray at home, so I don't wear shoes.

:D :D

Assalam Alaikum

No I didn't prayed with shoes wearing on..

JAzaak Allah Khair