Science room

Do you want one??  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want one??

• Yes
    • No
    • change Islam & Your Health to science room

salaam wa alaikum

i love to learn about Islam and this forum will definately increase my knowledge and many others.

a really good idea mashallah. i would not mind helping out if you need another person?

also i voted yes by the way.

wa alaikum salam

PropellerAds

:D

I would like a science room, perhaps it could be "Science & Mathematics"...or "maths" for some of the members :D

AS

selam,

sci and math what will we write there, mathematical eqxns?or big bang etc, that is much related with physics, will you elaborate?

i thought the change on Islam and your health room to the place that medical students may discuss something about health..bec. they were asking in study room...???

and in science room the place that we can discuss something both related with quran and science, or we may relate to it...

for example quran tells about human creation, animals or mountains etc....

and we may divide it into 4:

1-human

2-plants

3-animals

4-others

and we may add evolution

asalam alaikum

i would also like to contribute, psychology is also a science, and also for those who are searching for something a little more different than biology chemistry and physics, i can also hopefully relate this to Islam, Islamic psychology for example the nafs, how psychology can relate back to Islam, how muslims can improve on the mental aspect, dealing with depression and so on.

So if you want a psychology section ill be happy to contribute.

wasalam

salaam wa alaiki

an excellent idea mashallah

i think there should be separate sections like biology, chemistry and all that. so not to confuse anyone

wa alaikum salaam

Asalamu Alaykum

I think the science room should not subdivide too much otherwise it’ll be chaotic…well physics is a bit like maths so I guess we could also add that to it….I hope the forum doesn’t end up having to many sub forums..

Asalamu Alaykum

I think the science room should not subdivide too much otherwise it’ll be chaotic…well physics is a bit like maths so I guess we could also add that to it….I hope the forum doesn’t end up having to many sub forums..

Assalam alaykum

I'd agree. I really don't want the Islam & Science(that should be the name) forum to have many sections. I do think there should be a section on evolution since it is a major issue. Qur'anic Science should be another. I don't know about the other sections suggested, I fear it'll ruin the forum.

Assalam alaykum

I'd agree. I really don't want the Islam & Science(that should be the name) forum to have many sections. I do think there should be a section on evolution since it is a major issue. Qur'anic Science should be another. I don't know about the other sections suggested, I fear it'll ruin the forum.

Wa alaykum salam

I double agree :D science is science...if we subdivide it into biology, chemistry, physic before you know it it'll be biochemistry, applied biology etc....The forum should not be as big as 'Learn Islam' those who will have to mod will have a lot to skim....i mean read in order to get through it all and see if it is appropriate. I think health and Islam should be replaced because hardly anyone uses that part....cobwebs are forming in that section.

Assalaam Alaikum

I agree with both of you, brother Yousof and Sister Crystal Eyes.

and yes Evolution should be an exception.

Wa Alaikum Assalaam

selam,

physics, biochem etc. sections need technical speechs and may confuse people..

Masha'Allah...your idea is developing to something good insha'Allah

Ok, I need to know who will be the forum leader/moderator, and who would prefer to only contribute by posting there, without being a mod.

Also, do you want it as one forum, or devided into several subs?

I notice most tend to like it as one peice, but brother lateralus suggested a psychology section... or is it ok brother to have your topics posted in the same one forum?

We can write at top a message to aknowledge visitors that the forum is about all branches of science, and we mention them by names, psychology included. What do you think?

And if it turned big, later on, you can ask for subforums to be added.

Also how do you wwant it setup? all members can post there? or you guysa only? and if they can, then can thy start topics and post replies too?

since its your forum, you can put its rules, of who does and who doesnt...

Pleas drop me a PM when you have come to your final details, to start it for you.

Masha'Allah...your idea is developing to something good insha'Allah

Ok, I need to know who will be the forum leader/moderator, and who would prefer to only contribute by posting there, without being a mod.

Also, do you want it as one forum, or devided into several subs?

I notice most tend to like it as one peice, but brother lateralus suggested a  psychology section... or is it ok brother to have your topics posted in the same one forum?

We can write at top a message to aknowledge visitors that the forum is about all branches of science, and we mention them by names, psychology  included. What do you think?

And if it turned big, later on, you can ask for subforums to be added.

Also how do you wwant it setup? all members can post there? or you guysa only? and if they can, then can thy start topics and post replies too?

since its your forum, you can put its rules, of who does and who doesnt...

Pleas drop me a PM when you have come to your final details, to start it for you.

asalam alaikum

no i dont mind if the posts are within the same section, i think that way we can have a lot of shared benefit.

I agree with sis Crystal Eyes and bro Yousuf. You shouldn't really make too many dividions within the forum.

Asalamu Alaykum

I wouldn't mind being a mod for that section but brother Qasim if you want to be the leader...follow the leader, leader, leader *ahem* right you can.

Personally it should be one forum....where everyone can reply and post of course that way we have discussions and if someone has a good article they should share it. ideas?

Yep, I've really been looking for an explanation of this quote:

"Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences... worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect. Impossible to describe with our limited vocabulary."

I think it's something to do with the 'Brane Theory'.

Assalaam Alaikum

brother Dot.......... Insha Allah I will be the leader.

I agree with sister crystal eyes about the setup........ it should be one but with only one subforum for evolution where everyone will be able to post........

thats all I wanted to say.

Wa Alaikum Assalaam

Your Islam & Science new orum is ready:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=283"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=283[/url]

Insha'Allah you all work together to make it beneficial and interesting for everyone to read, share and discuss. :D