Islamic Forum
miadyasmin

Eating Pork

Salaam

I would like to be educated by my muslims brothers and sisters who have knowlege and strong and convincing argument about why are we not allowed to eat PORK. I am Muslim and I would never touch it but I would like to know so when I am asked about why I am not allowed to eat it, I know how to answer. I appreciate your help i advance

Salaam

:D

This topic has been moved to "Basic Islamic Discussion" by thezman on 4/13/06.

PropellerAds

Sis miadyasmin...there are a number of verses in the Quran that very clearly tells us that the meat of swine is one of the things that is prohibited to us. The main reason I know is because this animal and its meat is very unclean. This site should provide a good religous and scientific explanation to why pork is prohibited.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islam-usa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/im19.html"]Effects Of Prohibited Foods[/url]

Edited by freedslave

It is originally a rule from the Old Testament and the reasons are ones of health as far as I know. If dangers in the preparation of pork were the only worries, then why should muslims and jews not eat pork nowadays?

We muslims shouldn't eat pork because it is said so in the Quraan. Even if its not harmfull now we still have to follow what it is said in the quraan. We cant change the words of Allah.

Salaam,

You see I follow what the Quran said about not eating PORK and I won't argue with that at all. Whatever Allah says goes but I just wanted to know the reason that is all. It is my right and every muslim right.

Sis I think u would find the answers here :D :

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.whyislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/877/FAQ/q6.asp"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.whyislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/877/FAQ/q6.asp[/url]

I'll try for looking for a website thats more succinct :D

:D sis..

it is forbidden to the Christians too... but then "Paul" came and wrote a letter to the romans.. sayin something like all of God's creaturs are okay and clean and pure... :D someone plz help me but this sounds like a contradiction... maybe because man wrote it... if it were the true words of God then there would be no contradiction..

Salaam,

I do agree and know that the Bible is been written so many times by people to serve them and I won't even bother with the Bible because it is not the word of GOD

Salaam

:D sis..

it is forbidden to the Christians too... but then "Paul" came and wrote a letter to the romans.. sayin something like all of God's creaturs are okay and clean and pure... :D someone plz help me but this sounds like a contradiction... maybe because man wrote it... if it were the true words of God then there would be no contradiction..

:)

yes exactly...it is the word of man not God...i read somewhere that there is no record of Prophet Isa or Jesus (alayhis salam) eating pork...

Salaam,

Could we please stick to the subject and focus on the Quran in finding out why we are not allowed to eat PORK INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT THE bible. I appreciate it

Salaam

this aint all about you.. kuffar could be reading this too...

" Forbidden to you for (food) are: dead meat,blood and the flesh of the swine and that which has been invoked the name other than Allah. "

Maa'idah (5:4)

Such prohibition is also found in the Bible:

" The pig also because it is a splitter of the hoof but there is no cud. It is unclean for you. None of their flesh must you eat and carcass you must not touch. "

Deuteronomy 14:8 ( Bible)

this aint all about you.. kuffar could be reading this too...

" Forbidden to you for (food) are: dead meat,blood and the flesh of the swine and that which has been invoked the name other than Allah. "

Maa'idah (5:4)

Such prohibition is also found in the Bible:

" The pig also because it is a splitter of the hoof but there is no cud. It is unclean for you. None of their flesh must you eat and carcass you must not touch. "

Deuteronomy 14:8 ( Bible)

Salaam,

What is that supposed to me. All I asked about the pork and you guys started talking about the bible and all I said is lets just talk about th pork for now and then try to talk to the Kuffar as you call them in explaining why they should not eat pork but as a muslim myself I would like to be educated so if anyone aske why I have an answer instead of looking like an ideot who just believe with not enought knowlege. Is that too much to ask. Please lets deal with our own problem instead of trying to fix everyone else

Salaam

errr.. we started talking about the bible because its in their too... no reason why they cant be in the same thread.. got to do with eating pork innit?

errr.. we started talking about the bible because its in their too... no reason why they cant be in the same thread.. got to do with eating pork innit?

Salaam,

You missing the point. We already established that the BIBLE is not the word of Allah. It may containg some of his words but my point is the QURAN other wise I would of said lets compare the bible and the quran in terms of what they say about eating PORK. It seems everytime I try to ask question it goes back to the bible and we start comparing.

I hope you get my point

Salaam

Salaam,

I really hope from my muslims people to start sticking to the subject because as muslims it doesn't mean we are perfect and we know everything. I have very limited knowledge about alot of things when it comes to the QURAN AND THAT IS WHY i AM ASKING BUT I would never doubt what the quran says. Please understand what I am saying

Salaam

well i have given the qur'anic ayah so whats the problem?!

so you have gotten your benefit.. let others have theirs! or are you gunna shut this thread down?

hope you get my point

ok lets not get heated up over nothing...take a breather sis miadysmin and bro abu sulaiman...

sis miadyasmin...even if something is scientifically proven to be harmless...only Allah :D knows what is best for us and what we should avoid...for example...in the Quran it is also said that we cannot eat carrion (dead animals) which have been killed other than in the name of Allah...even though it may be scientifically harmless for consumption...it is prohibited to us...

i dont think there is a total scientific answer...nevertheless i think prohibition of pork has both religous and scientific reasons...

Edited by freedslave

:D sister!

Please don't get uptight. You will find all sorts of people and responses on a Forum. The answer to your question is contianed in both the links provided. I shall copy paste a part for your convenience as, apparently, you have not read it:

3. Consumption of pork causes several diseases

The other non-Muslims and atheists will agree only if convinced through reason, logic and science. Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which is in lay man's terminology called tapeworm. It harbours in the intestine and is very long. Its ova i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack, if it enters the eye it can cause blindness, if it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

Another dangerous helminthes is Trichura Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ova present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

4. Pork has fat building material

Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. It is not surprising that over 50% of Americans suffer from hypertension.

Wassalam

Salaam,

I hope no one gets upset that is not why I am here I just wanted some information that is all and I have no problem in terms of trying to to educate non muslims about us but all I meant is lets help each other first and then try to tell others obout what we believe and what we don't and why

Salaam

Salaam,

Thaks theses are some of the answers I am looking for and lets talk like that with logic otherwise no one will be convinced

As Salamu Alaikum

Brothers and sisters: Please don't get caught up in issues such as this one. Many muslims try and tell others that pork is dirty and unhealthy for human consumption. And then these muslims try and back up their claims w/ info from Islamic websites that state that pork is unhealthy. However, there are probably more websites on the internet (I searched) that state that pork is indeed healthy and that we have no reason to worry about it's consumption. Some sites also state that Pork is healthy!!!

My point here brothers/sisters is that the Quran doesn't state ANYTHING about pork being unclean. All it states is that we cannot eat it. So I honostly see no reason to speculate on the prohibition. Rather, let us act upon the prohibition instead of worrying about things like this.

And if Pork was so "unhealthy" then why don't people get sick from it? lol

It is obvious that you have not read the information from the links given before. If you had maybe bothered to read brother Aburafay's post, you would have found answers.

Maybe you should actually read the posts before, so that you are able to provide a sensible answer.

Read this:

Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases.

Salaam,

Well if you bothered to read my post which stated that I am thankful for the liks and the help from others you wouldn't of said that.

If you had bothered to read my post carefully you would have realised that my previous post wasn't aimed towards you.

Maybe you should think before you post.