Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MaKSofaHãßÓæ�É

Dying Revert Brother Needs Support!

Asalaamu alaikum,

¨

I got this from another web site I am insha*Allah hoping some you Muslims might be near this brother and you can pay our dying brother some visit and for the rest of us lets send him some greeting cards with dua or gifts and remember him in our dua. Barak Allahuma feekom!

Indeed to Allah we belong and to Him we will return

I bring you sad news of a revert brother who is terminally ill. His name is Leslie Craddle. He is dying of stomach cancer with which he has been suffering for 7 years. All Praise to Allah, he converted to Islam 2 years ago and when my husband last spoke to him his faith seemed strong.

He is, however, not getting enough support from the Muslims. He and his non-Muslim family have requested that muslims visit him, but very few brothers have visited. He is very weak and asleep most of the time from a combination of exhaustion and pain killers. When asked to make dhikr, he responded that he was too tired.

Brother Julaibib also met his mother today who does not know how the Muslims take care of their dead. She did mention that she wants someone responsible to take charge and that he musn't be forgotten or she will have him buried at her local church.

So, there are three requests:

1. Please encourage the men of your family to visit him so that he can constantly be encouraged to make dhikr and remember Allah and prepare for his meeting with Him. He is now in St Michael's Ward, Trinity Hospice, 30 Clapham Common North Side, London, SW4 0RN. Tel: 020 7787 1000. He can only tolerate short visits so you need to plan for a 5-10 min visit. Visitors can just turn up at any time and the receptionist will show them where to go.

2. Sisters: Please send cards, letters etc., and encourage your children to do so. It doesn't need to be complicated: a dua with a picture drawn by a child are a beautiful and inspiring combination. Address: Leslie Craddle, St. Michael's Ward, Trinity Hospice, 30 Clapham Common North Side, London, SW4 0RN.

3. A couple of brothers are looking into what can be done for his funeral...

Please keep an ear out in case requests are made for donations to cover the cost etc, also for ladies to attend the janazah prayer and speak to his female relatives. I will send out more information insha' Allah when necessary.

Insha' Allah this is the time to show that we have a community that is capable of establishing the rites of Islam and that we can rise to the challenges and difficulties that our community throws us.

Please pass this information to anyone that can help...particularly if you know anyone retired, on-leave, etc, who has time to visit.

And Allah is the source of all help. May he keep us firm on His Deen in our last moments!¨

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.uponsunnah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/showthread.php?t=3915"]source![/url]

Edited by MaKSofaHãßÓæ�É

PropellerAds

:D dear muslims

:D for the informative post.

Anyone here from North London that can visit him?

inshallah he will be kept in my du'as.

A good reminder that we must always help our revert brothers and sisters aswell as the born muslims

Walaikom Asalam Warhmatullah Wbaraktuh

Barak Allahuma feekom, may Allah grant you jannatul Fardous !

crystal_sword I aslo wonder if anyone is from London that can visit him????

It will be really bad if this brother dies in that state and get buried in the church! W inna lillah w inna ilahy rajeoon!! :D

Asalaamo aleykum,

Inshallah he will be in my Duaas, sister :D

waleykum assalaam,

Asalam Alaikom Warhmatullah Wbarktuh

this is the news, some brothers went to visit him and this is what one of them said! please note brothers and sisters the brother still needs many muslims to visit him, so more can remind him the salah, zikr, shahada, maybe some can recite Quran on him ect ect! w Allahul musta'an..

Bismillah Alhumdulillah wa salaatu wa salaamu Ala Rasulillah....

Alhumdulillah ala kulli haal! We visited the brother yesterday, Subhaan'Allah to see the brother who is very ill and for the sake of Allah swt we came from outside of London to visit him. We got lost but; Bi'idhnillah ta'aala we got there.

The brother is very ill and weak, La ba'sa Tahooran Insha'Allah. He could not speak; brothers who were present only reminded him of the Mercy of Allah swt and the dhikr of Allah swt! Seeing him in such a state, was another reminder for us all..Allah swt says, "Every soul shall taste Death".

The purpose of our existence is the worship of Allah as mentioned in the Book of Allah:

"And I [Allah] created not the Jinns and Men except that they should worship Me [alone]" Soorah az-Zariyat (51): 56

This life, which we are living, is the testing ground for which there shall be only two consequences, Paradise or Hellfire. Unfortunately more than often we disregard death, as we are so attached to this world and the love of which has been established in our hearts.

One of the rights as muslims we have upon each other is that when any of us are sick; we visit the sick brother Insha'Allah.

Local brothers confirmed that the masajid has taken on the responsibility of the brother, may Allah swt reward them. The hospice must not have seen anything like it - so many brothers, arabs, kashmiris, bengalis visiting a brother in Islam - for the sake of Allah swt! Allahu Akbar!

Plz make dua for the brother!

Walhumdulillah!

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah :D said:Allah :D will say on the Day of Resurrection:“O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say, 'O Lord,and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds?' He will say, 'Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him?'â€[Muslim]

Edited by MaKSofaHãßÓæ�É

Assalamu alaikum dear sis. maksofah, May Allah reward you for your efforts. The brother is constantly in my family's and my duas. May Allah make things easy for him and make him firm in his belief of Laa Ilaaha IllAllahu Muhammadur Rasoolullah, ameen. May Allah accept the effort of everyone who is helping this brother, ameen.

Wassalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

:D

yeh.. i went yesterday .. the brothers just sitting there... he cant do anything his eyelids are half closed and his eyyes re rolled upwards... there was another brother there too and he just lived down the road in tuting...

by the state he was in yesterday... if you wanna visit him do it now... i dont think he has more than a week.. the cancer is very advanced and he cant move...

when we went to visit him.. you had to sign in.. which patient you were going to visit etc... when i loook up the list.. the whole page had been taken up by that one name.. seems as though quite alot of brothers have been going..

May Allah grant him jannah..

the guy who was visiting him yesterday told us that there was another revert brother... he has skin cancer.. hes 20 yrs old and has been a muslim for 6 months.. hes in chelsea hospital..

the guy who was visiting him yesterday told us that there was another revert brother... he has skin cancer.. hes 20 yrs old and has been a muslim for 6 months.. hes in chelsea hospital..

Asalam Alaikom Warhmatullah Wbaraktuh

here is some info I got from another website today regard the 20 year Old revenr muslim more sad news brothers and sister :D

It is with great sadness I inform the community of yet another young new Muslim desperately ill whom they have neglected.

Shahid Jones, 20, is suffering from very serious cancer. He is near immobile and in pain but can communicate. His mother was clearly disappointed that he has only recently had visits from the Muslim community as he has been hospital since January.

He is currently in:

Chelsea and Westminister hospital,

The Thomas Macaulay Ward (2nd Floor, Lift Bank B )

369 Fulham Road,

London

SW10 9NH

(enquiries 020 8746 8540).

Nearest underground stations are Fulham Broadway, Earls Court, South Kensington. Visiting hours are continual subject to the needs of the patient and his carers. Click here for directions.

The Islamic etiquettes of visiting the ill are widely available as books and on the internet. Further to that, I would advise that you visit in no more than pairs, so as not to intimidate and exhaust the patient, and to introduce yourself personally with a smile. Try to be close as possible and even touch them to show that you are comfortable in their presence. Give glad tidings of Allah's mercy, perhaps even recite some Quran. Ask them to pray for you to make them feel special. And Allah knows best.

To be a true Islamic community we need to look after our new members.

Please circulate widely by word of mouth, email, forums, annoucements at Masjids and study circles. It was very encouraging to the see the response for Leslie Crabbe's situation.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_talk.islamicnetwork(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/showthread.php?t=8206"]Source[/url]

As for brother Abu_Sulaiman, sister umAhmad, crystal_sword and the rest Barak Allahu feekom may Allah grant you all and you whole family memebers and your loved once janatul fardows! Allahuma Ameen

please past the news and lets keep them in our duas :D

Fe Aman Ellah

Al Faqera el Allah

la hawla wa la quoata illa billah. :D May Allah reward you Maksofah for bringing this to our attention and to all the people who have responded and to brother Abu Sulemain for visiting him. Unfortunately for me, as i live in a different country and the mail system here rarely works, i can only promise to keep him in my adeya. May Allah ease his suffering and pain and all of our brothers and sisters!

the whole page had been taken up by that one name.. seems as though quite alot of brothers have been going..

May Allah grant all of their families jannatul firdaus, :) :D

:D dear muslims

Thats good you got see him Beother Abu Sulimain..

Its good to visit these brothers who are ill.

Unfortunatley i canot see him because i dont live there, but inshallah, we should keep him in our Du'as

As-Salaamu 'alaikum

Indeed to Allah we belong and to Him we will return.

He has decreed death at an appointed time; it is not delayed for the

coward nor brought forward for the brave.

Our brother Leslie passed away last night. May Allah give him shahaadah as he died of a stomach cancer.

These are times to remember that we will soon be in our graves: consider when Allah said:

"O you who believe fear Allah and let a soul look to what it has put forth for the morrow"

His janaazah will be on Monday 24th after the Dhuhr Salaah [at] Balham

Masjid.

Abu Ibraheem

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D wheres balham Masjid?

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon[/size]

may Allah :D grant our brother Janatul fardows ameen.

EDIT: :D I really wanted to meet him. I shall be making Du'a for him shortly.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioun

May Allah grant him high place in jannah and give his family patience and bring them to Islam....Ameeeen.

Masha'Allah to sis Maksofah it's a lovely thing you did for this brother and for our ummah may Allah reward you abundantly ...ameeen and for you Bro Abu Sulaiman may Allah bless you soooo much and make the 70,000 angels pray for you....ameeen

You know the hadith right? About if you visit a sick person 70,000 angels will pray for you, i'm sorry i dont know the exact words, i'll look for it insha'Allah.

Masha'Allah its truely a special thing you did Bro. :D

Edited by Tamarbutah

Got it.

899. `Ali bin Abu Talib (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "When a Muslim visits a sick Muslim at dawn, seventy thousand angels keep on praying for him till dusk. If he visits him in the evening, seventy thousand angels keep on praying for him till the morning; and he will have (his share of) reaped fruits in Jannah.''

[At-Tirmidhi].