Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Libyan_Girl

When Travelling In Ramadan?

Salam

If you were to travel in the month of ramadan for three days

Can you have a fatwa for three days? or just one ....

and explain a bit about the fatwa and what rules u have to make... Thanks

Ma El Salama

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum, Could you please explain more, because from your question I could'nt figure out what you are trying to ask. Depending on what the fatwa is about it could be for 3 days or 1 day.

Are you asking about whether you should fast ro about Salat or something else??? please explain and inshaAllah we'll try to answer you.

Take care, Salaams and duaas.

Salam

About the fasting... and prayers!! yep u got it :sl: LOL

Ma El Salama

:sl:

Allahu alam on how long it can be up to but I found this hadith:

Narrated Tawus: Ibn Abbas said, "Allah's Apostle travelled in the month of ramadan and he fasted till he reached (a place called) 'Usfan, then he asked for a tumbler of water and drank it by the daytime so that the people might see him. He broke his fast till he reached Mecca." Ibn Abbas used to say, "Allah's Apostle fasted and sometimes did not fast while traveling, so one may fast or may not (on journeys)" (Book #59, Hadith #576)

As for prayer, I believe you must always do it, unless you can't for some serious reason, but you can pray the shortened traveler's prayer if you are far enough.

:sl:

“and whoever is ill or on a journey, the same number [of days which one did not observe Sawm (fasts) must be made up] from other daysâ€

[al-Baqarah 2:185]

Heres some fatwa's that may answer your questions:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/36721/ramadan%20travel"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/36721/ramadan%20travel[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/84/ramadan%20travel"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/84/ramadan%20travel[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/66086/ramadan%20travel"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/66086/ramadan%20travel[/url]

Assalamu Alaikum, Our princess to the rescue. I was just going to posts a couple of those links and she beats me to it by a few hours. I am sure it answers your questions Libyan girl.

Assalamu Alaikum.