Islamic Forum
Moustafa

Question About The Time Of Death

:D

There is a question that has been puzzling me and it is about the time of death. I remember reading a hadith where is was said that when someone is born an angel comes and writes down four things, and one of them is the time that person will die. So, this time is written down since the person was born. But my question is... If the person decides to commit suicide before the time that was appointed for that person to die? Or if that person is killed by someone else? I know their punnishment is going to the Hell-Fire, as I have read in one of the 40 Ahadtih Qudsi... But this means that the person died before the time appointed, right? Or the person died in the exact moment it was appointed to him/her and what caused his/her death was already pre-destined?

Also, the doctors say that if we eat too much junk food and such things, we can die earlier, and that we could live longer if we eat "good" food... This is not the Islamic belief, is it?

Moustafa

PropellerAds

not sure but if someone kills you maybe thats how Allah willed it but not sure about suicide. And the junk food think docs say this because it can cause heart problems as the fat stores up in the artery [sp?] which can cause heart attacks and disease of angina.

ma'salamah

Allah has given each of us our appointed time no matter what we do. If a person commits suicide, Allah knows when they will do this.

The good thing is, Allah extends the life of a good believer. In Islam it is better to live a long righteous life then a short life of sin and little repentance. Allah gives us free will, Allah is all-knowing, Allah knows what decision we will make. Of course we hope that whatever choices we make are good, so the only way to change the outcome is for us to pray, give charity and make dua'a that Allah keep us on the straight path to make the decisions that will please Him.

I hope I was of some help.

Edited by desertdweller

salaam

someone told me that if Allah wills that u will be killed by some serial killer then u will walk to the serial killer he dosent need to come to u it means what ever Allah wills it will happen and none can change it the appointed time of death none can change not even 1 second less or 1 second forward jazakallah khair