Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hasib

Sisters And Marriage

:D

Do you think marriage is a bigger deal for sisters than it is for brothers?? I mean I dont know but from what i'm seeing around me, it seems that way. Or is it just that men dont show all that excitement and joy as women do but they consider it also big deal?? What are your thoughts on this??

PropellerAds

As-Salamu-Alaikum,

bro, marriage means a LOT to me and I can't wait to get married. It's indeed a BIG thing in a person's life. Of course it's more important to some than others but for me, it's something I dream about on a daily basis. lol

:D warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Yeah women express their feelings more but its an over-rated issue, not saying its not a great thing but search marriage on this board and its self explanatory.

Do you think marriage is a bigger deal for sisters than it is for brothers??

Nah, i'd say its equal but guys are better at being 'i-will-not-break-down-into-tears-in-public'

I mean I dont know but from what i'm seeing around me, it seems that way. Or is it just that men dont show all that excitement and joy as women do but they consider it also big deal??

Guys will jump up and down when the curtains are down and no one can see them (bribery is indeed a dangerous thing). Women tell the whole world :D ....

What are your thoughts on this??

Free-food

I think women's families, well Muslims, get more excited than anyone and it filters down to them.

AS

Assalamoalikum,

Marriage is a big deal for sisters than it is for brothers as brothers are not to leave their home as sisters has to...

Best regards,

Kashif Ali

Asalamu alaikum

well it all depends on how you look at it...

a brother , although happy to be getting married, has to worry about how he going to take care of a family, finances and so on and so on which might put a slight damper on all the excitement going on arround him but in any case marriage is a big deal for men.

a sister on the other hand feels the pressure of getting married before a certain age, with our biological clocks ticking and cultural influences.......making it a big deal for a sister to get married.

marriage is bigger deal for us brothers as we probly will have to put up with being nagged at :D

Assalamu alaikum, There is no this way or that way, it depends from individual to individual. I mean how can you say men don't show excitement after being on Gawaher for so long. Look at the posts by some of the brothers regading marriage issues. Br. Genetic Freak made a whole mushy thread lol, and Br. Ehsan has been asking for advice regarding things. If anything I think the girls are more in control over their emotions then the boys.

Don't worry slave the nagging is part of the package lol., life would be dull without nagging and you would not have anything to complain about. And Men do their share of nagging now a days.

What really bothers me is the importance from the boys and their families regarding how the girl looks more than how much Deen the girl practices. I just had a charming young girl who is a practicing Muslimah rejected because she was a bit chubby, I am soooo depressed because of it. . I hope you all on Gawaher atleast go for Deen when looking for a prospective spouse.

Sorry Hasib, this is off topic, but WHY DO MOST OF YOU SAY "I AM LOOKING FOR A SISTER TO GET MARRIED TO", it sounds weird, I know sister in Deen and all, BUT wouldnt it be better to say "I AM LOOKING FOR A PROSPECTIVE SPOUSE". ( Sorry No offence please, just a thought)

May Allah make it easy for all of you, ameen. Wassalamu Alaikum, aunty umAhmad.

Asalam alikum,

:D :D :D (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=28548&pid=289596&st=0entry289596"]me, my sister and her marriage....[/url] :D :) :D

marriage is bigger deal for us brothers as we probly will have to put up with being nagged at :D

:)

:D yeah right, better be prepared :D

sr umAhmad i have to say...its sad when a sister is rejected b/c of her body type or features and no attention is payed to her potentially GREAT personality...but there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with that. i mean its not right that a man is not pleased with a woman's looks, even if she is charming, and then he marries her and then he sees other women outside and because he's not happy with what he's looking at at home he has trouble lowering his gaze outside...its not fair to him! men marry to avoid fitna, part of this is choosing a wife who is pleasing to his eye. the sister should not feel badly b/c ONE guy turned her down for his own sake and hers...and you shouldn't let it get you down either!!

its definitely important for a the man and his family to be concerned about looks because of this reason exactly...fitna habibti, FITNA--we dont wanna put any of our brothers or cousins in the position of not being pleased with what he has and we dont want to hurt any sister by having to deal with a guy that dont like the way she looks and ignores her or makes her feel bad about herself...get my drift??

i've been helping my brother in his "search" for a wifey and honestly i have said no to girls on his behalf b/c i dont think they are attractive enough or his type...looks matter, at the risk of sounding shallow, i honestly believe that. marriage is a life long committment, one should be completely pleased with the whole package, not bits and pieces of it. one of my brother's friends married a girl n compromised on her looks b/c she was deening and is lookin for a second one now...a good lookin one! so yeah..lol looks mean a lot! i reccomend tryin to get it right the first time around! haha

As-Salamu-Alaikum,

bro, marriage means a LOT to me and I can't wait to get married. It's indeed a BIG thing in a person's life. Of course it's more important to some than others but for me, it's something I dream about on a daily basis. lol

^^^

agree

salaam,

marriage will be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge deal to me...wat?! :D

wswrwb

I reckon men can be just as excited as women regarding marriage- or even more excited! :D

Yes, it's true that a girl has to leave her home and begin a life with her husband and in laws so i guess it's a BIG deal but if you look on a guy's point of view, he will have a woman by his side (legally) :D and look forward to maintain all financial pressure and meet demands of parents, wife and kids- i'm sure the guys will love it! :)