Islamic Forum
lot

If You Had One Opportunity At One Time Would You Take It

Salam ailikum

The Challenge

I was about 12 when I had a vision I would one day give a testament as to how Great God is and my experience of Him. The vision appeared twice more then never returned. I didn’t understand it’s meaning and dismissed it and got on with doing what girls do. Later as a young adult, I enjoyed life and at the same time feared life so every so often would contemplate on the meaning of life.

I went to far away places and met unusual people. My first port of call was Rastafarism. The Rasta’s philosophy is to praise Jah, (God in the Bible) live righteous, and that Haile Selasiei is earth’s rightful ruler. They look to the East believing their prophet is Haile Salasei. Eat Ital food and shun vanity. I liked the livity and Bob Marely and Capleton were my influences.

After a while, I met a Shamanist and we got talking. We talked about the meaning of life, dreams, coincidences, the universe and 6th sense. I kept an open mind and spent time learning various things. This was one of the best learning periods of my life.

Life carried on smoothly still believing in God but not following a religion. I could never understand why you had to go to a man for blessings or for him to speak to God on your behalf - why not go direct to source when I experienced one of the lowest points of my life. I was so angry I denied there could ever be more to life than to eat, sleep, enjoy then spend the rest of time 6 foot under.

A couple years later, I discovered Buddhism. I meditated and learned that words were powerful so whenever I was feeling negative I replaced them with a chant called “loving kindness†and pasted the words everywhere when I met a Muslim. We got talking and the conversation got around to religion I said I was a Buddhist and he maintained there was a God and Islam was the Truth regardless.

When during Ramadan he said he wasn’t allowed to brush his teeth in case he swallowed water! I thought this was the most preposterous thing I’d ever heard in my life. Up onto this point I rather humoured him even though our discussions would turn into intense arguments sometimes. Anyway knowing I was a sceptic, he challenged me to research Islam myself which brought me to registering at IF. A couple months later, I got an invite asking me to join. By this time, I didn’t particularly care about the original reason why I’d registered.

A couple weeks before I was talking to my Sikh friend who couldn’t answer my question on the what the purpose/meaning of people you meet in life is. So typing my question I thought, I’ll get the same answers as always blah, blah, blah, yeah, yeah, yeah, uhh huh but……… nothing ventured nothing gained so here goes.

The first answer Aburafay posted from the Quran left me astonished.

We did not create the heavens and the earth and everything between them as a game. We did not create them except with truth but most of them do not know it. (Surat ad-Dukhan: 38-39)

Did you suppose that We created you for amusement and that you would not return to Us? (Surat al-Muminun: 115)

I reread and reread it stunned. What is this? My curiosity became aroused and at fever pitch within a few days. I started to neglect my duties and became engrossed by the new words I received. Round and round in circles day after day they were with me.

I felt held in a vice and caught. Nothing mattered except the knowledge learnt. Ohh my heart beat with too much intensity, too much of what I felt inside. Please I begged let me go. Touched by my realisation that this was too deep, too deep to keep trying to fathom out I was falling and He had called. I kept my composure as soon into my heart and mind I felt at peace as I welcomed Him. In one moment in one time.

Who would have thought that exposure to those few words of the Quran would have brought me to a standstill until the pieces of my life fitted. My most intense time - Allah knows. My mind made up. I started to dream. The dreams were as vivid as day. I fought for a book from an unknown person who wouldn’t give it to me. I awoke weeping. Another dream, two hands, one was mine and the other unknown. And still many others…..

Knowing I had to make a decision the question was, do I have the strength of my conviction? Will I live up to it, Christ I didn’t want a major life change I was happy, I had life planned and having a good time. To top it all I was gonna ask ONE question but He called so I couldn’t fail in my answer so with happiness, fear and trepidation “There is no god other than Allah and Mohammed is his last messengerâ€. Allah Akbah.

Peace and blessings to everyone on the Forum for showing me the Truth and may Allah bless and keep you all in peace, happiness and love always.

Bless & Respect due Sister Lot.

PropellerAds

:D

:D that you found your way. I am also a revert and you will learn something new every day, I revert just over two years and i'm still learning something new all the time. I'm so happy for you :D . I'll advice one thing, if you have any question post them also ask for proof from the Quran or Sunnah before you just accept. Also there are many brother and sister that will help you, look for a Masjid in your area and get to know some sisters, you will be surprised as how welcome you are. When I took my Shahadah I went to my husband's aunts Masjid they didn't know me but the welcomed me with out question. Put your trust in Allah and you will recieve help in your learning

As-Salaamu-'Alaikum,

A truly inspiring tale of how you found the Light. May Allah guide us upon the straight path and keep us strong in belief and steadfast in faith. Ameen. :D

:D May Allah reward you for putting effort into finding out the thuth...

And All Praise is for Allah.

Nabil

Alsalamu Aliakom lot,

I am trying to search for word, but remembering the serenity felt in such a state of raw truth I am left speechless. The experience of being with Allah is more than what word can explain.

SAY: "If all the sea were ink for my Sustainer's words, the sea would indeed be exhausted ere my Sustainer's words are exhausted! And [thus it would be] if we were to add to it sea upon sea."18:109

I too thought my whole life would change only to find out that only my perspective changed.

In turn the life I started to live took over the live I lived before.

ALhamdu li Allah for visions.

SubhanAllah (Glory be to Allah), Allah guides whom He wills, pray for the Ummah, as a person who enters into Islam is free from sin like a new born baby.

Asslamu alaykum

Allahu akbar!

May Allah bless you sister lot :D

jazakallah khair

wassalam

Salam ailikum my brothers and sisters

Thanks for your kind posts may Allah bless everyone and keep us on the right path.

Wassalm

Bless Sister Lot

Thank you for sharing you story sister and may Allah bless you and your family and make Islam strong with faithful believers.

Guest amani

:D for sharing your story. may Allah :) bless you and stregthen us all in the Deen :D

:D :D

:D and Welcome Dear Sister to Islam :D

Subhan'Alaah You have indeed chosen the true path and you will be aptly rewarded for this inshaa'Allaah :D

May Allaah bless you and May you remian steadfast Aameen

:D Assalam Alaikum

May Allah Bless you with more knowledge about Islam... and me too.. Even I'm a new muslim...

Jazaak Allah Khair for sharing such a wonderful Moment...

GOD BLESS US ALL!!

#:D

wow, :D :D ! an excellent reversion story.......... :D

May Allah :D make it easy for u to travel on the path of Islaam :D

:D to the rest of the Du'as :D

:)

Salaamu Alaikum

Mashallah sister, beautiful story :D Congrats on your reversion and may Allah :D new stop blessing/guiding you Ameen.

great story sis! :D

a late welcome wish is better than none at all, so

WELCOME!

:D to what has been said.

A late welcome from me as well.....Welcome! :D

:D for sharing your story.

:)

good read even though i am not a muslim am planing to but will need alot of help though.

regards,

samantha

good read even though i am not a muslim am planing to but will need alot of help though.

regards,

samantha

Hi Ya

We're all here to help. Just ask. :D

Bless

every one in this world musilm except the people which know every thing

about the truth and about Islam and reach to them all informations by very kind ways then they reject that and choose bad way although

they know the right .............. just they

regards,

samantha

Assalam Alaikum

May GOD Bless you & open your eyes before its too late. I'm also a New Revert & Inshah Allah, Allah (SWT) will help you, if you really want to change urself from inside & wanna see the right path :D

Take Care & peace..

Salam ailikum

The Challenge

I was about 12 when I had a vision I would one day give a testament as to how Great God is and my experience of Him. The vision appeared ....

WOW!!!! You have no idea what emotions flowed through me as I read the entire post!!!

Welcome Dear Sister and may Allah grant you his choicest favors!!! :D

May your heart find the everlasting peace here in this one true religion that you have not found in other faiths.

To Lot and any other convert/revert.

Hope you could help me in this one.

Its been a year since you (LOT)wrote this message. I red it today.

I did not understand something. Was it not good enough for you to believe in GOD, which you did, rather than testify the unity of God along with Muhammed to be his messenger.

What difference did it make if you do testify Muhammed as the messenger or not as long as you believed in GOD.

Mind you, i intend to learn your prespective at the time of testifying and not of today. So please spare me the verses of the Quran which related the importance of Muhammed as the messenger and belief in him. Unless you read them and only then accepted Muhammed to be the messenger.

What would you describe as your love for Muhammed as the messenger of God. Would you love him enough to have go around and express your anger explicitly against people who degrade him, if so why?. Or would you express your love in emulating him, if so why?

I understand your or i assume to understand your acceptance of GOD. what i wish to understand is your acceptance of Muhammed.

Hope you understand.

Edited by Student

Truly, a real inspiring story...

May Allah maintain your faith

To Lot and any other convert/revert.

Hope you could help me in this one.

Its been a year since you (LOT)wrote this message. I red it today.

I did not understand something. Was it not good enough for you to believe in GOD, which you did, rather than testify the unity of God along with Muhammed to be his messenger.

What difference did it make if you do testify Muhammed as the messenger or not as long as you believed in GOD.

Mind you, i intend to learn your prespective at the time of testifying and not of today. So please spare me the verses of the Quran which related the importance of Muhammed as the messenger and belief in him. Unless you read them and only then accepted Muhammed to be the messenger.

What would you describe as your love for Muhammed as the messenger of God. Would you love him enough to have go around and express your anger explicitly against people who degrade him, if so why?. Or would you express your love in emulating him, if so why?

I understand your or i assume to understand your acceptance of GOD. what i wish to understand is your acceptance of Muhammed.

Hope you understand.

Good Afternoon All

Student

You ask a few questions that I will try to answer.

Firstly whether it was reasonable for me to testify the unity of God with Mohammed. At the time of writing I had lost faith in God and felt that through my discussions on this forum I had started to find faith again. Of course the way the message was relayed to me was through the prophet Mohammed and so I wanted to convey that in my post.

Im not sure about your second question regarding the difference and also I cannot relay to you the verses of the Quran at the time. I may have mentioned before it was through my dialogue with Aburafay that brought me to that point at that time.

Personally I am not an angry person and I dont seek to foist my views on any as I think religion is a personal matter best practised privately. On the other hand if I was asked to offer an opinion I may accept but the answer wouldnt necessarily always be the same as it would be dependent on variable factors that would affect my faith. In answer to the second part of your question those messengers born of the monolithic religions came with the same message so my love for them extends to all.

My father being a deeply religious person and being taught the value of faith I suppose it may have been easier for me to accept the message than maybe a non believer.

I hope I have answered your questions and apologies for the delay in answering.

Hope all is well with all

Lot