Islamic Forum

asalamu alaykum

it has been almost 2 months that my father gets some sort of skin allergy off and on. there are raised red areas on the skin and they are quite itchy. thanks Allah he gets cured cured by taking anti allergic tablets. but every now and then he gets that allergy. i want to know if there is a permanent cure for that.

JazakALLAH khairan in advance

PropellerAds

Assalamu 3laikum,

I am by no means a doctor by have about 10 years experience with the Black Seed. (Habbat AlBaraka / Kalonji / Nigella Sativa).

To make a long story short, when I had contracted an aggressive form of cancer in my uterus, I began taking the Black seed - in the form of the seed and oil. By the will of Allah, i was quickly cured.

There is a hadith - I'd have to look it up to give you the exact wording, but it reads something like this "The black seed is a cure for all illnesses (dawaa lekulli daa' illa assam) except for old age/death." The exception means that when it's your time, no matter what you take you won't be cured because Allah Subhanahu wa t3aala has willed death for you.

Since I was cured, I began experimenting with the black seed in it's oil and seed form. To mention just a few quick effects i experienced:

Boosted energy

Ability to drink milk without getting stomach problems

My face cleared up

and I could go on and on.

I would recommend for the oil to be used for skin problems.

I regularly order the Black seed from a website where I know their oil is the best... unfortunately there are some scams with oil that comes from overseas. I've found it's often mixed with other cooking oil.

Go to amazingherbs and order the oil.. Give it a try and inshaAllah it will work for his issue.

I would further recommend that you read into it alfatihah or other verses of healing prior to putting it on his skin.

InshaAllah this helps..

asalamu alaykum

thank u very much sis Imashaal1. you have indeed been of great help. are black seeds and kalonji the same? kalonji are black seeds used in pickles in our part of the world(pakistan). they have a slight saltish taste and have quite a pungent aroma.

Jazk Allah khairan

:D

are black seeds and kalonji the same?

Yes Kalonji is Black Seed :D

:D

salam

i have kind of the same allergy i get raised red areas n its itchy and this just comes and no single doctor could find out the reason

so insha Allah im tryin this

thanx for the advise

p.s could u post some more information on this?

Yes, inshaAllah at my earliest convenience, I'll post information about the black seed and its benefits.

Assalamu alaikum wr wb,

I really wanted to post information from a few different websites because there is so much various and interesting information about the black seed but I would rather keep this post to a readable length. I'll just give you a bit and the keys to find more information.

When I began my research on the black seed about 9 years ago, I found it fascinating that the black seed has many various uses and that it is used all around the world. Then I found some research done by an Egyptian doctor on the Black seed and it's immune strengthening abilities -including successful cancer survivor cases. (That was very encouraging for me at the time.)

So I will recommend that you do a google search and put the words: Black Seed or Nigella Sativa (Latin name) or Black Cumin in the search engine and check to see what comes up.

I will offer some information from one website:

I have edited the information just to make it easier to read.

(www.)"http://alinaam.za/library/blackseed.htm"]alinaam.za/library/blackseed.htm[/url]

In the Spring of 1996, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted a patent for drug use as an immune system stimulant. The drug is based on extracts of 'nigella sativa', more commonly known as the black seed to Muslims or black cumin. The patent was based on 'a pharmaceutical composition containing an extract of the plant Nigella sativa … for treating cancer, preventing the side effects of anticancer chemotherapy, and for increasing the immune function in humans.'

Muslims have been using and promoting the use of the 'black seed' or 'al-habbastus-sawdaa' for hundreds of years. The black seed has become very popular in recent years and is marketed and sold by many Muslim and non-Muslim businesses. A large part of this herbal preparation's popularity is based on the teachings of the Prophet. Bukhari reported that the Prophet [sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam] said, 'There is a healing in the black seed for all diseases except death.'

Black cumin has been used for a variety of medical problems for several thousand years. These uses range from stomach aches to asthma, cancer to coughs, and the traditional use as a spice. Black cumin is also used as * a carminative (rids the body of gas from the intestines)

* a digestive (aids in the digestion of foods)

* a diuretic (increases urine flow by ridding the body of excess water),

* an emmenagogue (promotes and regulates menstruation),

* a galactagogue (increases the production of milk),

* a resolvent (dissolves boils and swelling),

* a stimulant (increases the flow of adrenaline and energy),

* a stomachic (relieves stomach disorders), a sudorific (increases perspiration)

* a tonic (improves bodily functions)

* and a vermifuge (expels worms).

Caution should be taken when using the black seed by pregnant or potentially pregnant women, as high doses of this product could induce spontaneous abortions.

There are several beneficial uses for the black seed. However, to insure that you are taking the black seed look for the words Nigella sativa. Only this plant, as opposed to true cumin or coriander has the ability to 'heal all diseases'. Research suggests that the black seed is an effective antitumor treatment for certain types of cancer, including breast cancer and fibrocystic breast disease. The black seed may also be of possible benefit in treating high blood pressure.

Except its potential to cause spontaneous abortion (and only at high dosages), there may be little if any toxic side effects to using the black seed. There is even some research on the possible contraceptive abilities of the black seed.

More research is being done on the effectiveness of the black seed. Research trials are also being planned in various countries to study its actual effects on humans. However, we don't need to look any further than the Prophet's words that tell us there is healing in this plant. As long as we trust in Allah and take the prescription His Prophet has given us, we will all be evidence of this magnificent plant's abilities to heal all diseases.

Nonetheless, more needs to be learned about the appropriate doses of this herb for various medical problems. I pray that Allah may guide Muslim physicians to take a close look at this plant and begin prescribing it for all of our physical ailments.

When you look at the list above, you just wonder .. What is left out? SubhanAllah. The Black Seed, as all other medicines, should be taken with strong belief in Allah taala that it will help cure you of whatever illness/es you have. May Allah heal those who are ill and guide us all to His path.

Salaams

asalamu alaykum

imshaal1 what should be the daily dosage of kalonji? what quantity u used to take?and for how long should it be taken before its effects start to appear?

Assalamu alaikum

When I was ill with cancer, i took as much as I possibly could daily. That is, three heaping teaspoons a day of the seed and about two to three teaspoons of the oil daily. There are some ahadith that show of the usage but my memory is fuzzy about them. I remember one where a companion, I believe, took 7 seeds and smashed them to get them into a powder form to get healed from an ailment in his nose. (I'll look it up inshaAllah to get the true scoop on this!) However, you had mentioned a skin allergy. For that, I think the oil on the skin is best.. wa Allah knows best. I think a few times a day (morn n night) would suffice --- but again, I am not a doc so I can't say for sure what's best. I can only offer my experience!

As far as the precautions about the black seed... in all my research, I've only found one - The black seed can be dangerous if used in high quantities during pregnancy. I find it most effective when taken with meals. (Especially if you have any issues with food such as indigestion / heart burn .. etc. I was saying earlier that I had trouble digesting milk / milk products. I started by taking the black seed only in the morn once a day. I found that I still had trouble with milk products if I took them later in the day. The solution; taking the black seed with the milk, that is, right before or with the milk. (I had the same problem with digesting olives and had heart burn / acid from pizza sauce) When taken with these foods, I didn't experience ANY trouble. Alhamdulillah!

How long it takes to kick in? That's a good question! I read another hadith which says DAWAMOO ala al habba alsawdaa.... There is meaning in the hadith that when taken over time, the black seed will benefit you. It really depentds on what the illness is, I believe. Just know that it is an immune strengthening seed. So whatever it is that weakens the immune system, the seed works against it.

For me, the effects appeared almost immediately. I was very weak at the time, and the first thing I felt was increased energy.

InshaAllah this information is helpful.

Salaams!

Wa Alaikum assalam,

Wa iyyak... no problem at all ...

InshaAllah the information and the back seed will help you.

wa aleikuma salam

this allergic disease`s name is Urticaria

there isnt permanent cure...but it is not dangerous..just find what the cause is for example foods, drugs, after exposure to UV, ....

Get well soon

asalamu alaykum

my father has started taking kalonji. before that he noticed that one day while he had that allergy he drank a glass of lemonade(without sugar) and the allergy disappeared in an hour without taking any tablet.

now he daily takes kalonji(black seed) and whenever allergy appears he takes a glass of fresh lemonade and by the GRACE of Allah he is cured. now the intensity and frequency of allergy has dramatically decreased. plus he has also quit some medicines which he was taking on a regular basis as those were thought to be the possible causes of his allergic reaction.

wanted to share this info . i hope it is of benefit

Assalamu Alaikum,

Alhamdulillah... I'm very happy to hear he has it under control!

Salaam

Assalamu Alaikum,

Alhamdulillah... I'm very happy to hear he has it under control!

Salaam

As'salaamu alaikum sister,

I was fascinated by your story and alhamdulilah that Allah has cured you.

My mom was recently diagnosed with an aggressive and rare form of uterine cancer. She has been taking Black Seed in Honey in limited doses throughout this short but intense month long confrontation with the diagnosis, surgery, post-op and chemo. The doctor told us that the prognosis was poor. About a week ago he informed us that the chemo wasn't working and that usually he sees and response within 24 to 48 hours of giving the drugs. It had been 5 days when he told us this. We prayed intensely and I gave her a tspn full of Black Seed in honey that night...the next morning produced dramatic results.Needless to say everyone was elated. No repsonse she has had before or since produced thes results that we saw that night. We thought it was the chemo...now I'm sure it was actually the Black Seed. My mom is not out of the woods yet, please pray for her recovery.

I was very encouraged by your story but I wonder what did your physician say when you told him, or did you tell him? Furthermore, did you take the chem too? If so what drugs?

Please take care was salaam,

Yasinia

Salaam Allah Alaykum dear brothers and sister and may Allah Insha' cure our diseased

Jazakum Allah khairan all for sharing :D and sister Imashaal1 your victory on cancer is really fascinating and a remembrance of our dear loving Allah and having to follow the path and teachings he set for us through his messengers (pbut).

I just found out that the seed is called habbat albaraka in arabic (حبه البركة) so I hope that might help others locate some. I'm getting some tomorrow inshalla to see if they give me an energy boost + relief from my allergy. Inshalla.

And peace be upon you all

Edited by Lethal Injection

Salaam Allah Alaykum dear brothers and sister and may Allah Insha' cure our diseased

Assalamu Alaikum Lethal Injection,

The black seed is called in Arabic Habbat Albarakah, true, but there are also other names for it:

Nigella Sativa - Latin Name

Kalonji - The name used in Africa, I believe

Al Habba Alsawda - Translated to The Black Seed literally in Arabic

This can help in research about the black seed too

Peace to all

Assalamu Alaikum wr wb,

Sorry about the mistake and thank you wa jazak Allahu khair Nughair for the correction.

Peace

Assalamu Alaikum wr wb..

Wa iyyak bro Lethal.

Ameen, I second that, may Allah cure our ill and diseased.

Peace and salaams to all