Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
umAhmad

Question About "why Islam" Room

Assalamu Alaikum, Br. dot, I was just wondering about the new Room (Section) that you made about "Why Islam" where the Revert Brothers and sisters can post, would'nt it be something similar to this.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=78"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=78[/url]

Or would it be that they only post their story or experience and invite others towards Islam.

The other thing is could anyone comment on the posts in this section, or it is exclusively for the Revert Muslims.

Could you make this clear please. JazaakAllahu Khairan. Wassalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

PropellerAds

:D

The idea came to me that we needed a simple section, that those searching for the truth among our visitors, can find easily. A sort of an introduction to what Islam is, and reasoning to the usual question: 'why should I become a Muslim?' .. 'whats good in it for me?' .. 'why Islam?'

Then I thought, instead of giving them lengthy articles, written by scholars, like other sites do, why not use the help of those who found Islam and reverted themselves? they sure can give a simpler and more effective message and reasoning, because they would be addressing non Muslim, just like they were themselves. Its like the difference between advertisements and word of mouth. You want to buy a car, and there are ads everywhere telling how super everything is. But when you find that a friend or a kin has that car, you take their word of mouth, out of their hands-on experience, and follow it over all ads, because its more effective, coming from people like you, right?

The new section is different than 'I just reverted to Islam' section, were they tell us their revertion story and how it developed until they took the shahada.

In 'why Islam' we're inviting each Muslim revert to write an article, to address other non Muslims, and try to convince them to see the light that they were blessed to see themselves, and answer their quest for the truth.

That new section is for reverts only to write articles titled something like 'why should you revert to Islam'..

There is no room for discussion there, unless the topic starter wants to add a post to their topic. Other than that, members have plenty of other discussion sections to choose from.

All this and more details can be found in a sticky topic in the 'why Islam' new section. But thank you for allowing me to explain this further :D