Islamic Forum
crystal_sword

What Was The Point Of This Islamic Forum Again?

:D dear muslims

Alhamdulillah, this is a superb website, May Allah (SWT) reward Dot, and the mods, and all those who help this site.

i would just like to say, form my understandings, this website was made for Dawah Purposes.

To Clear Stupid Misconceptions, and refute Lies made against Islam.

A sort of Light for those non-muslims intrested in Islam.

However, as alot of you may have noticed, Alot of Non-Muslims, with no intrest in Islam what so ever, have suddenly popped out of nowhere. Jolined the website, and telling us how bad we are.

IM not going to give any names, its obvious who.

The point of this topic is, If this purpose of this website is to help muslims, and give dawah to Non-muslims who are intrested in Islam.

Then, how can this possibly proceed with non-muslims, posting and replying and Nonesense, Lies, propaganda, Messages of HATE. Supporting the Killing of muslims, and treating the dead muslims an negligible statistics.

Im telling you now, any open-minded person, will see this, and will believe it. Shaytaan will definatly play his part.

THis problem needs to be sorted, becausae even some muslims are starting to believe these Kuffar

Salaam,

Maybe it's because I haven't been around as long but there seems to be no more of the sort of described behaviour now than when I first joined a few months ago.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Really, I haven't seen anyone spreading a message of hate generally. I don't think anyone has supporting killing anyone senselessly on both sides of the divide that exists in the world today. I certainly don't hate Muslims and I think that no persons should be killed by men even the worst of us like Moussaoui or Eichmann.

I am sad to say that I think your thread might refer to the likes of Makko and myself. If you think everything I say is a lie then that is fine, but at least go out and do some research from reputable resources not just muslim sources.

Shaytan is within us, we are forked tongued devils trying to tempt the good followers of Islam away from the path of righteousness. How did you figure it out, I thought I had hidden my tail so well!

:D

However, as alot of you may have noticed, Alot of Non-Muslims, with no intrest in Islam what so ever, have suddenly popped out of nowhere. Jolined the website, and telling us how bad we are.

IM not going to give any names, its obvious who.

finally--someone who agrees!!

i have to say in the political section there are some things that insulted me and my religion-its disguisting what they say

something needs to be done!

i guess most of us agree---but inshallah something WILL BE DONE!

I ask of non-Muslims who make accusations against Islam and Muslims, to make the effort to actually visit the whole forum; whereby they will Inshallah learn something and see the beauty of Islam for themselves.

Edited by ~mehnaz~

What is disgusting about anything that has been said? I hope you aren't putting words into anyone's mouths abu ubaydah. I certainly never said a muslim life is irrelevant, I ceratinly don't think it is ok to kill a muslim.

I have to say your attitude sounds like a kind of white power or BNP view: "America or the UK for the whites, out with the darkies" kinda rubbish.

"Something needs to be done", ie: kill the infidels, or more accurately boot them from the Forum. That's fine if you want to have a one sided discussion and learn nothing. However if you would prefer to be open and listen to other people's views, try to understand Western thought and why we act the way we do, then listen and discuss.

Edited by cogito

Peace cogito,

This forum has never closed the doors to non Muslims. We want people to learn about Islam from Muslims and from the right sources, not from what the media has cooked up.

I believe Abu ubaydah was requesting for something to be done about people who register to simply insult us.

I concede that many points i have raised and some opinions i have offered in reply, have been slightly controversial, and have differed from what would make up the general consensus on this board.

I have not however advocated the death or belittled the loss of life of anybody, and have certainly not posted anything with the express desire to offend and insult.

My time on this board has been a learning experience. I have learnt more about muslims in these recent months than in many previous years. Many muslim posters on this forum have helped shape my opinions.

I joined this forum at a turbulant time (08/07/05) with many questions, and pleased to say many of those questions have been answered.

Maybe you would like to point out what if anything i have said that has insulted you. I'd be happy to explain myself.

:D dear muslims

The point of the Political section is to debate, and understand each others views.

However, its become pointless,

There are only a handful of pro-US supporters who balance the arguement with respecful view.

Everyone else, well..

Political section says it all

salam

as i am new 2 this forum i havnt noticed any1 badmouthing on this forum but jazakALLAH khair 4 warning me b4 hand

ws

As-salaamu 'alaikum

I personally do not see the point in the political forum or the point in arguing or debating about what this person did or that one has done or this country die or what that one has done, because when all is said and done what has a non Muslim learnt about Islaam after that?! Have they learnt about the Tawheed of Allaah, the Oneness of His Lordship, the Oneness of His worship and the Oneness of His Name & Attributes?! An the political section is full of dialogue about conspiracy theories and so on and so fourth, none of this can be proven either way and is nothing except a distraction from our purpose here, to worship Allaah upon knowledge, not upon ignorance, this means we must seek beneficial and correct knowledge that will enable us to fulfil our purpose here, and we must call non Muslims to this Tawheed of Allaah, not to “look at what they are doing…â€, we all know what is happening around the world, there is no need to keep regurgitating it.

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) said:

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘This is my way; I invite unto Allaah (i.e. to the Oneness of Allaah - Islaamic Monotheism) with sure knowledge, I and whosoever follows me (also must invite others to Allaah i.e. to the Oneness of Allaah - Islaamic Monotheism) with sure knowledge…’.†(Yusuf 12:108)

What should our call start with?

“And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): ‘Worship Allaah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taaghut (all false deities, etc. i.e. do not worship Taaghut besides Allaah)’.†(An-Nahl 16:36)

“And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad) but We inspired him (saying): Laa ilaha illa Ana [none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allaah)], so worship Me (Alone and none else).†(Al-Anbiya 21:25)

The Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said to Mu’adh bin Jabal (radee Allaahu ‘anhu) just before sending him to Yemen:

“You are going to a people from the People of the Book – Let the first thing you call them to be the testification that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah. So if they accept that then inform them that Allaah has obligated 5 prayers upon them each day and night…†(Saheeh al-Bukhaaree & Saheeh Muslim)

So Tawheed is the apex of Islaam, it was the call of all of the Messengers and Prophets and we should follow them in their footsteps by making this the starting point of our call, not OBL did this and George Bush did that. But how can we call to Tawheed unless we seek knowledge and learn about it, since we have been ordered to call to Allaah upon knowledge.

Further Reading:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ahl-ul-hadith.dk/ebooks/methodology_prophets.pdf"]The Methodology of the Prophets in Calling to Allaah[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.calltoislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=136&Itemid=26"]The Meaning of Politics in the Sharee'ah[/url]

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan

:D IMO, we shouldn't kick anyone off the board. The reason is because we are supposed to be giving dawah, and all the brothers and sisters know that when you talk about Islam in a public place, for every "Wow, that's interesting" there's also going to be five "crazy muslims" responses. It comes with the territory. We have to learn to shrug it off. The original sahaba (may Allah be pleased with them) we beaten, tortured, ridiculed, and we can't deal with a few non-Muslims who don't like us? If you kick them off the board, they win. Not only are their opinions unchanged, they will tell all their friends "I got kicked off Gawaher because Muslims wouldn't let me give my opinion."

:D / Peace to All

"Something needs to be done", ie: kill the infidels, or more accurately boot them from the Forum. That's fine if you want to have a one sided discussion and learn nothing. However if you would prefer to be open and listen to other people's views, try to understand Western thought and why we act the way we do, then listen and discuss.

Cogito, i find your "kill the infidels, or "boot them from the forum" comment very ignorant. If a muslim brother or sister has said such a comment on this forum and you've seen this, whether its the "kill the infidels" or the "boot them out" part, I hope the moderators take action. But mr cogito, if you've not seen this, then this comment is an over generalization and assumption of muslims on your part. This is based on what you see on only one side of the media, or wherever you get your information of muslims and Islam from. This sort of comment is really the start of squabbles I've seen too often on this forum. It is not relevant whether this comment of yours was sarcastic or not; this sort of comment just leads to more misunderstanding.

Yes, I know that western thought and ideas are what you believe in (since you say we have to try to understand Western thought), and I'm aware of them. It really is a question of how strongly you believe in them. If you insist your way of thought is correct, without showing interest in learning about Islam of course you're not going to learn anything here. After all, this is an Islamic forum, and we're all here to know more about Islam, right?

If you choose to follow your way of thought I respect that. I only hope at the end of the day you at least gain some knowledge about Islam. And of course, I hope you are not one of those who are here just to incite.

Anyway, I've not seen any muslim brother or sister say what you've said in your earlier comment, on this forum, or on this thread. Neither have I seen anyone imply this. What we are trying to say is we are all willing to talk to non-muslims and tell them more about Islam. But there are some posters here who sign up on gawaher just to incite, and they show no interest in learning about our religion. How then do you suggest we should deal with them? This is what many posters here are trying to find a solution for...

:D / Peace

Edited by freedslave

salaam i agree with u because i supose the purpose of havin a Islamic forum is 2 give dawat 2 those who r ignorant, with the help of Allah anything cud chnge

jazakALLAma salaamah

when you talk about Islam in a public place, for every "Wow, that's interesting" there's also going to be five "crazy muslims" responses. It comes with the territory.

If I'm to put a slogan for this forum, I'd use the above quote.

Personally I think we should be grateful for anyone who just take the step of registering in an Islamic forum, we should thank them just for that. With the exception of insults, which have an arsenal of forum rules and mods to meet, we Muslims should be tolerant toward all non-muslim, however bad their views may be on Islam or us Muslims. I know the the political sections can be blood pressure raisers at times, but, for Muslims, if you can't handle the presussure, if you cant maintain your coolness, then avoid going there.

People of the west usually enjoy cool manners while discussing anything. On the other side, people of eastern ethnicity can easily loose temper in dialogues. We need to learn this much from the western culture. We do have the right to our side, its just that we misrepresent it, and fail sometime to deal with unjust accusations with what it deserves in a polite tolerant way.

Every part of this forum serves a purpose, even if it may not look so.

Whats not directly related to dawah, can, on the other hand, serve as a magnet to attract more audience. Eventually, non-Muslims may get interested in browsing the Islamic sections. We can encourage them to do so if we Muslims behaved nicely in sections they frequesnt the most, political section being one of them. They see and judge Islam through us, and what we say and how we behave. Islam is not what we Muslims are today, but thats as far as they know for now. Ask reverts, most of them started the journey to Islam after being influenced by a Muslim they have happened to meet somewhere somehow.

So, instead of asking to kick anyone out, please be thankful that Allah :D blessed us with a means to come in touch with non-muslims. We Muslims have a message that we're obliged to deliver, and the more audience we can get, insha'Allah the better.

btw, I'm seeing masha'Allah very good non-Muslims in the forum, and the numbers are going up. Over the years, this forum saw some of the worst enemies of anything 'Islamic' turn into our friends, some even brothers and sisters to us now.

Insha'Allah the door should and will always be open for all.

And at the end, its Allah :D who guides whom He want, not anyone else.

From my experience talk about anything except for Jihad and the scholars of Jihad. ( saudi ones are allowed )

Assalamu Alaikum, Well said Br. Jibrael and Br. dot. Patience is indeed a virtue. I think by keeping our emotions in control and acquiring patience inshaAllah we will not only be able to reach out to the Non Muslims, but also our emotional Muslim brothers and sisters, plus you can feel that such an attitude brings peace within our own hearts too.

Try it on our own children and youngsters, when we explain with love respect and patience, it pays off, they tend to listen to a soft spoken understanding person more than to an arrogant angry person, they might even come around and ask us questions. At the end of our lives we need Allah to be soft and forgiving towards us to So lets all think about it............JazaakAllahu Khairan, Wassalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

Is it really suprising that non-muslims come here and engage u when there beliefs, life style are attacked. The over the top reactions from some muslims after the cartoon incident are a good example.

When was the last time u saw christains demanding death to muslims when u say the bible is corrupted or jesus didnt die on the cross etc?

Like it or not the internet is public domain so any1 can come here and read wot u say and be offended or even enlightened.

I for 1 being an athiest dont like having my morals belittled, I dont kill, steal or do anything else that would hurt some1 for the simple reason i wouldnt want any1 to do it to me, nothing religous about that.

Anyhoo if all that was disscussed here was Islam and nothing else then u wouldnt get non-muslims butting in unless they genuinlely interested in Islam.

Greetings Anon and welcome to the forum.

Anyhoo if all that was disscussed here was Islam and nothing else then u wouldnt get non-muslims butting in unless they genuinlely interested in Islam.
I agree with that. Potential audience is something we look for, the more the better. And if everyone here supported Islam, then where is the challenge :D

Is it really suprising that non-muslims come here and engage u when there beliefs, life style are attacked. The over the top reactions from some muslims after the cartoon incident are a good example.

When was the last time u saw christains demanding death to muslims when u say the bible is corrupted or jesus didnt die on the cross etc?

Like it or not the internet is public domain so any1 can come here and read wot u say and be offended or even enlightened.

I for 1 being an athiest dont like having my morals belittled, I dont kill, steal or do anything else that would hurt some1 for the simple reason i wouldnt want any1 to do it to me, nothing religous about that.

Here is a good example. Anon is here on IF, and we should let him stay here. He wrote in his post what a lot of non-Muslims believe, that we are reactionary, violent and intolerant. And some muslims are, but these muslims are not following the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad :D . Can you guys really blame Anon for his opinion, when a) he gets his information from the media and b ) we push him away when he's on this board? If I was non-Muslim, I would feel the same way. Anon, once there was a Jewish woman who would throw garbage at the Prophet Muhammad every day on his way to the Masjid. One day, the lady wasn't there, so the Prophet :D was worried about her. So he went to go see her and found that she was sick. Incredibly surprised, she asked why he came to see her. He said that he was worried about her. This woman later became Muslim. This is the example we should be following, not yelling back at our guests. I know :D that I am guilty of this as much as anyone else, so I first blame myself.

I don't agree with the violent protests and fatwas over the cartoon, even though I am deeply saddened the cartoons themselves. I have many atheist friends who have the same morals as you do, so I know where you're coming from. There are extremists in every group, including atheism. Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot were "atheists", but they were mass murderers. Should you be put in the same group as them because you hold the same religious beliefs? Of course not.

" a) he gets his information from the media "

I should point out i get most of my information from the net and ill admit i have and do read stuff from wot u would consider anti-islamic sites aswell as Islamic sites.

1 site check fairly regularly is memritv (not sure wot muslims think about this site, comments plz) and i do find some of the clips from the middle east very worrying as a non-muslim and an athiest, and it also raises the issue of mixed messages from muslims all over the world that will attract more non-muslims to sites like this to find out just wot is going on.

I hope my internet surfing habits dont offend any1 but when u ask why are non-muslims comming here and butting in its only fair I tell u that there are 2 sides to muslim views on the west and us infidels that are going to raise heckles and questions.

" a) he gets his information from the media "

I should point out i get most of my information from the net and ill admit i have and do read stuff from wot u would consider anti-islamic sites aswell as Islamic sites.

1 site check fairly regularly is memritv (not sure wot muslims think about this site, comments plz) and i do find some of the clips from the middle east very worrying as a non-muslim and an athiest, and it also raises the issue of mixed messages from muslims all over the world that will attract more non-muslims to sites like this to find out just wot is going on.

Peace Anon

I have not visisted the site you posted...but let me guess, you want to have a balanced view on what Islam and Muslims are all about, right? And therefore, you watch beheading videos and other clips released from terrorists in the middle east...and also other anti-islamic websites with an agenda (forgive me if I have made an assumption about you).

If I'm right, just a few things to say...

If you're looking for a balanced view, what sources have you looked for to see the good side of Muslims. If you have not looked for these type of sources rather than the ones you are looking now , why haven't you?

Perhaps you joining this forum is a way to have a balanced view. If that is true, I commend you.

Do not believe everything the media tells you, as they only tell the negative side of us Muslims. After all, this kind of stories sells.

A story of good actions of muslims does not sell.

Peace out

Edited by freedslave

The clips im refering to are taken from middle eastern tv shows.

Scholars or clerics being interviewed or an iman preaching to a congregation.

Im pretty sure they are not fake but i cant vouch for the translations tho (english subtitles)

George galloway was on 1 of the most recent clips so i understood him ok but the rest, well its double dutch 2 me :D

Check it for urself, its a site.