Islamic Forum
crystal_sword

What Was The Point Of This Islamic Forum Again?

One word my friend...Tollerance :D

I think that the Mods do a good Job eliminating troublemakers.

Aside from Dawa and clearing misconceptions, the forum offers knowledge in broader perspective.

What good is depriving non muslims or anyone of knowledge.

Peace

The clips im refering to are taken from middle eastern tv shows.

Check it for urself, its a (contact admin if its a beneficial link) site.

Oh okay, so the site you're refering to is (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.memritv(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.memritv(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

Well, if you're going to base your view of Islam on that site, it would be a mistake. It is a Arab news site on current affairs, not one that teaches about Islam.

This forum would be a good place to start though... :D

Fair enough but u cant denie these type of programs are influencing muslims, just as u would claim the media in the west is influencing non-muslims?

I do not know what exactly you are saying that would influence muslims, but you have to remember that a lot of things in the middle east now are due to current affairs, politics and culture, sometimes contrary to Islam.

Edited by freedslave

Wot about the imans featured, are u saying they are not Islamic?

Sometimes the things the imams and scholars say are based on their culture, or misquotation from religous text. I am not the one to say whether what the imams/scholars say are right or wrong, and pass my own fatwa (ruling). But this leads to an important point.

This is why muslims should be responsible for going back to our religous texts (Quran and Sunnah) when a matter is concerned, and not just listen to one source; be it a political leader's opinions and statements, or what an imam or scholar says, whether it is his opinion or a declaration in a fatwa, which may or may not contradict some part of Islam. For the latter, this is especially so because a lot of fatwas are being declared in this age.

And this is why non-muslims as well should consider all aspects of our religion first, just like they would do when studying other subjects, before judging Islam and muslims.

Edited by freedslave

Kindly do not go off topic.

Please also notice that this section is not for discussions, its only for comments and suggestions regarding this board.

Feel free to start your own discussion in a related section. Thanks

:D

Sorry bro dot, I got carried away. I'll try not to go off-topic next time. :D

Edited by freedslave

:D dear muslims

should we rename this forum to Pro-US/israeli occupation of Iraq and Palestine Forums?

Guest amani

^ brother if you see any sort of them posts please report.

:D dear muslims

i do report.

But msot that happens is that they get a Warning.

Im telling you, this forum should be renamed.

"Muslim Bashing Forums"

Sick things done to muslims are gone supported by poeple on this forum.

This forum is a complete joke

Assalamu Alaikum, Br. Crystal sword, your words are a bit strong , dont you think? I think we are all trying to do whatever the best we can, May Allah accept our efforts. It is easy to do name calling and taking out frustration. Just because something might have gone against someones thinking does not make this Forum a Joke.

If you notice these days there not that many unnecessary debates going on, the forum is running pretty smoothly Alhamdulillah. I know what happens in the Political Rooms, if you are talking about those, then it is a 2 way thing. Everybody is bursting with energy there and are emotionally charged, the Non Muslims trying to bash Muslims and Muslims trying to bash Non Muslims.

Like I told someone recently, we cannot fight fire with fire, we need water, the cooler the better, so as Muslim members of an Islamic Forum, we should forget our pride and ego and keep a stance where we convey our message in an Islamic way and then ignore them unless they want to learn something. Right now the way things are we have to follow the attitude that RasoolAllah Sallallahu Sallam acquired at the time of Suleh Hudaibiyah. (I know this is might seem like a very stupid comparison) but think about it.

Assalamu Alaikum, sis. umAhmad.

An excellent post, aunty, :D

Asslamu alaykum

I am with brother Dot, yes we Muslims should tolerate and be patience

i've also got nasty pms by many members Insulting but its normal, it has to be, we need to help them out in a nice possible manner and make them understand that this is not correct.

Prophet Mohammed(peace be upon him) was so tolerate in giving dawah, we must follow him in all steps in our life

jazakallah khair my brothers and sisters

May God bless all of us and guide us into the right path. ameen

wassalam

I am with brother Dot, yes we Muslims should tolerate and be patience

Assalam ALaikum

I also agree with you. We muslims should be very patient & respectful to the non-muslims. I'm saying respectful because sometimes our nature attracts them a lot and they start thinking in the Positive manner about Muslims.

May God bless all of us and guide us into the right path. ameen
Ameen.. Ameen.. Ameen..

My primary reason for searching out and joining this forum was to speak to other muslims about mostly political issues. I am not really interested in talking to non-muslims on this forum or in discussing our point of view with others. My main aim was, and is to try and develop consensus among muslims on what the main problems and issues we are faced with are. Unfortunately, there are a few posters here who hijack any thread in order to repeat the same tired old arguments and issues over and over again without reaching any conclusion. This is true of both muslims and non-muslims. There are many non-muslims on this board whom I have enjoyed debating with,but my main target audience has always been my brothers and sisters. We stand at a pivotal moment in history and we have to decide what route we are to take in the future. Where else will I find such a varied muslim audience?

Edited by Ozymandias

:D brother Ozymandias,

I apologize for posting here before reaching 200 posts

You have almost 500...!

We stand at a pivotal moment in history and we have to decide what route we are to take in the future.

That's so true, subhaana'Allah, this is vital because of the state we are in right now. Muslims have to change themselves, before Allah changes our condition, but bro do you have a suggestion here? Or are you just saying that's why you joined the forum?

I have read two works by scholars that tell us where we stand, and why. I think the first one was Hassan Banna (may Allah reward him) and the second by Dr. Israr. The basic reason that both these scholars gave was that we have left the Qur'an and that is taking us where the previous communities have gone. We must read the Qur'an, understand it, and implement it in our lives. That is the only way forward.

Hassan Banna said that the only thing that guided the companions was the Qur'an. Every time something was revealed, the companions would implement it in their lives. True, that they had the best of teachers, but don't we also have him through his Sunnah?

Dr. Israr Ahmed has gone even further. He has said that what is contained in the Qur'an for those who rejected the Commandments from Allah :D is now applying to us. We are being punished for our lack of direction in implementing the Qur'an in our lives.

I beseech all of you to read the Qur'an and become as close to its teachings as possible. That will create walking examples for mankind to see what being a good Muslim means. Just having Muslims names, clothes is not what is required. These are outer expressions. We need to have inner expressions of eeman from you. Start today, and see how you can improve yourself. The first step is to read some Qur'an in detail (from Tafseer), every day. Read it so you understand it and then see how you can implement it in your life, to be a better Muslim.

Wassalam

:D brother Ozymandias,

You have almost 500...!

That's so true, subhaana'Allah, this is vital because of the state we are in right now. Muslims have to change themselves, before Allah changes our condition, but bro do you have a suggestion here? Or are you just saying that's why you joined the forum?

ummm...yes I just realised I have more than 200 posts lol...oh well :D

I have a lot of suggestions that I've made on the forums time from time, but they are mostly political as I do not feel qualified to make more than the most basic spiritual suggestions. I won't repeat my suggestions here because it's not the correct thread I think. And yes, that is why I joined up and that's pretty much all I'm saying here.

prayer is obligatory on every Muslim five times a day. prayer is the remedy from Allah for better wellbeing and wellness who offers it consistently. Therefore, it is simply the natural method to keep oneself healthy. prayer ought to be offered coolly, calmly, religiously and profoundly to get the most of its advantages.