Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
khalylmk

Assamalikum

:D to all!

just wanted to share my story with you :D

It all started when i went to uni for the first time. In a multicultured environment, it's virtually impossible not to get exposure to other people from other communities (not that i did not want to :D ). There was so much to learn and so much to gain. During my days at uni, we were frequently asked to form groups to work out assigments and the like. For my part, I usually got grouped with more or less the same group of friends. It was kinda cool and i really enjoyed my stay at uni. In that group of friends, there was a girl, Anju. She was always lively and full of life. I considered her a really close friend and never kept any secrets from her.

It all really started one bright Wednesday afternoon. We were asked to get a piece of software to work on and i was of the few who already had it. Anju needed it and came over to ask for it. The conversation went like this:

A: "Hiya K"

K: "yo, girl"

A: "i heard u got the latest version of <software>. Mind if i borrow the installation CD?"

K: "sure. I burnt it on a CDR. there's some personal files also on the cd"

A: "thx!"

That evening i got a message on my phone: "Hi, K. I listened to an mp3 file on your CD. I've listened and listened to Athan over and over again. Dunno why, but feel like a strange peace over me. It's also kind of like calling to me... :) "

3 days later, i met Anju again. She was kinda tired and looked lost. She asked me about Islam and she asked again. Where all her life, she stood by her beliefs, now, her heart asked her to believe in other things, another faith, another way of life. For me, it felt like an incoming storm inside her. I showed her and taught her all i knew. I researched more on Islam. through her, i gained more knowledge abt my own religion. To reply to her queries, i needed answers myself. It continued, till Anju was on the brink of tears. She asked me what to believe, who to believe in and wanted some peace in her mind. She questioned her beliefs and her path. She needed a way and she wanted to know how. I took a deep breath and told her .."Assamalikum, Anju"

..And she smiled.

Four years later, we work in the same office, and are busily preparing our wedding later this year. InshaAllah, we will be happy together and in hope of a bright life, i'm happy that at least i helped someone find her true way....

Ps. I translated the conversation and summarised the story a bit :D

PropellerAds

Wa-'alaikum-salaam,

That is a very inspiring story. I pray for the best for you and your family in the future.

:D

That kind of story will surely bring people to ears when you tell it in the future!

And from Allah alone comes success. :D

Guest amani

Mabrook brother! thats so sweet :D

may Allah :D bless your marriage :D

salaam wr wb

wow brother thats gr8 news hope all goes wel wiv u'r marriage & future inshALLAH aameen

ws

Hii! thanks so much for the wishes and the comments. my eyes are watery at the thought of such friends ( brothers and sisters sound better, no? :D )whom i never seen, met or spoken to, but all the same, can be as close as my blood related brothers and sisters... :D

A masha'Allah What a lovely story and congratulations on your wedding. What a great benefit you have both been to each other you guiding her to the straight path and her strengthening your deen alhamdulilah. :D May Allah always bless you both and be the joy to each others eyes always....Ameeen.

Congratulations brother!! Masha'Allah that was soo sweet. May Allah bless your marriage and may both of you find happiness in this world and the hereafter.

aww, :D mAbRoOk Brother :)

:D to the Dua's

mashallah, great story, inshallah may Allah reward u for wat u did and may Allah make ur marrage a stronge one

That is a very touching story brother. Inshaallah may both of you lead happy married lives in the future...

Thanks you all so much! :D i'd have gladly invited you all to the wedding, but for the huge distance separating us... :D

aawww...... how sweet, mashAllah.

Congratulations!

All the best!

Take care !

Edited by zaintoon