Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
s.a.m.y

Quran

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Can i put Quran in my cell phone.

I mean is it permissible or it would be something not recommendable.

PropellerAds

:D

why wouldnt it be permissible?.. i have loadsa Qur'an on my mobile.. :D i even learnt some of the Qur'an through it...just constantly listening to it..

Why do you think there is any harm? There is no difference between hearing it on radio, on the tape recorder, on the PC, or on the mobile.

I have bought the full Qur'an with translation to English, and read it whenever I have time, or in the Masjid. I don't have to go pick up a copy and keep it back. I just open it in my mobile at the bookmarked page. Very convenient.

Wassalam

here is a basic version of the Qur'an with English Translation.. for use on Java phones.. but can be used on Symbian 60 aswell..

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.searchtruth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/mobile/download_mobile.php"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.searchtruth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/mobile/download_mobile.php[/url]

Aslamualakum

I'd like to add that it would be best not to have some part of the quran or adhaan as a ringtone because it would be disrespectful when quran starts playing and you stop it immediatly to answer the phone.

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Can i put Quran in my cell phone.

I mean is it permissible or it would be something not recommendable.

AlhamduLilah, as technology is advancing- there are many gadgets around that help a person to increase his/her knowledge in Islam..so, inshALLAH like suggested above....having the Qur'an on your mobile phone will be useful- especially in places where you may not be able to pick up the Qur'an....

However, inshALLAH one should also remember to not neglect the Qur'an (in its book form).

Wallhu Alim

:D / Peace to all,

Aslamualakum

I'd like to add that it would be best not to have some part of the quran or adhaan as a ringtone because it would be disrespectful when quran starts playing and you stop it immediatly to answer the phone.

I agree with your concern on this. I shall try to find out more about this. :D

However, while going thru the net, i found a relevant concern and want to share it with all, :D

Question #21792: Taking cell-phones on which Qur’aan has been recorded into the washroom

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=21792&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...&QR=21792&dgn=4[/url]

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not haraam to take these cell phones into washrooms because they do not come under the same rulings as the Mus-haf (printed copy of the Qur’aan), even after Qur’aan has been recorded in them, because it is sound which is hidden inside it, it is not writing that is visible. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

Sis Zabrina

Assalamu Aliakum,

Thanks brother and sisters,

but still im like if something like haram type of msg comes or either, even when the Quran application is closed then would it be disrespectful.

Jazakallaah

There should be no haram messages anyway. If you do receive some thing, which is beyond your control, the ruling in the quoted answer can be used. The recording is totally separate from what you get on the instrument. It is unaffected.

Wassalam

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Thanks alot,

Can anybody tell me where can i get a Quran for nokia 3660, with tafseer of ibn Katheer or either or just translation.

Assalaamu Alaikum,

The Quran from Searchtruth(contact admin if its a beneficial link) is not working on my cell,

can anybody please tell me where can i get another Quran with translation

Jazakallaah

The message of the Holy Quran is to make us realize that we have been created for a particular purpose that is to worship Allah.