Islamic Forum
Crystal Eyes

deception of modesty

Asalamu Alaykum!

May the blessings of Allah (swt) be showered upon you and your family.

As I learn more about Islam I also learn more about myself and my fellow Muslim sisters and brothers. Few occasions when brothers have made a comment I stopped and dwelled on the idea, and unfortunately a displeasing image has formed as to how I perceive them. I don’t mean this to scare the brothers or to put the down; truly the brothers here are good examples of how all brothers should act :D . However, certain issue bothers me and Inshallah with this thread I can come to a conclusion and Inshallah also change some people’s views.

Which Muslimah would you choose?

1-one who wears hijab and an abayah, covering her awrah.

2-one who wears niqaab but also wears trousers occasionally.

3-one who doesn’t wear hijab but wears skirt.

4-one who doesn’t bother with wearing hijab or long skirt, covering her awrah.

Choose one from the above four statements and back it up with your views and also evidence connecting with Islam. Please try not to post some long article…Jizakallah khair.

Furthermore other questions might be asked (by me) that will help me come to my conclusion that links to this topic.

Sisters you may also state your view if you wish….do not feel discriminated from this topic.

P.s-do not comment on the title of this thread…it is done on purpose, it’ll become clear when I gather intelligence and post an article discussing about the issue. Brothers it is not directed at you!! :D

Edited by Crystal Eyes

PropellerAds

Salaam sister,

I choose option 2. I can bring no proof to you but I know the importance of hijab. Regarding the wearing of trousers, a woman has every right to wear clothes that are common for her society so long as she doesn't unnecessarily expose herself or make her attire more 'appealing' or 'revealing' for non-mahrams. She can wear anything that is Islamically and morally acceptable. Her clothes must meet the Islamic dress code. Whether or not she wants her clothes to also be morally and socially acceptable is up to her. She cannot however wear clothes only according to the do's and dont's of society, in all her choices the Islamic codes must be addressed to as the primary importance.

These are just my opinions.

Peace

Asalamu Alaykum

Just as I suspected…ya rabbi…I’d like to hear more. Very interesting answer brother and Jizakallah khair for your time.

Asalamu Alaykum

Just as I suspected…ya rabbi…I’d like to hear more. Very interesting answer brother and Jizakallah khair for your time.

Salaam,

'Just as I suspected...ya rabbi...'? What is this supposed to mean sister? You are sounding very suspicious. Perhaps I shouldn't have written anything...

Peace

salam wa alikum,

i choose number 1-one who wears hijab and a long skirt, covering her awrah.

why? cos i belive that meet the Islamic requirments,

Salaam,

'Just as I suspected...ya rabbi...'? What is this supposed to mean sister? You are sounding very suspicious. Perhaps I shouldn't have written anything...

Peace

Oh no brother :D …alhamdulillah you have replied. I don’t mean to suspicious…that is the sort of answer I had in mind that people would give me.

Brother Slave…you have proven me wrong. Jizakallah khair for your input. However, would you not like to dwell on it rather than making a blunt statement that seems almost in forced within the heart?

:D

I wouldn't care what she wears at home when she is in the presence of me or our kids. But i wouldn't want her to meet any non-mahrams and when she would be going out she would have to be in full hijab (niqaab+socks+gloves), if she feels uncomfortable then no socks and gloves. I'm sure it depends on who you marry. If you marry a pious woman then such issues wont matter. InshaAllah i'll marry a muslimah who has more knowledge than me about Islam, has practiced hijab all along from her childhood, and prays her daily prayers. Then i could be the luckiest and most satisfied husband in this world. :P :D

Islamic brother you have not chosen one statement…please do so. Plus I’m talking about when going outside!

w/s

asalaamu alaykum

interesting question sis

I select number 1. I don't have a problem with nigaab, it is the choice of the woman, but I would choose a muslimah who where hijaab and a long skirt always loose cloths to protect her awrah.

More important though I would choose a Muslimah who is wearing hijaab for the right Islamic reasons. The power of her emaan. It is more important to me on what is on the inside not what I see on the outside :D.

wasalaam

asalaamu alaykum

interesting question sis

I select number 1.  I don't have a problem with nigaab, it is the choice of the woman, but I would choose a muslimah who where hijaab and a long skirt always loose cloths to protect her awrah.

More important though I would choose a Muslimah who is wearing hijaab for the right Islamic reasons.  The power of her emaan.  It is more important to me on what is on the inside not what I see on the outside :D.

wasalaam

Mashallah brother….well said, perhaps I shall use your quote for my final article, Jizakallah khair for your time. :D

w/s

Wa Alaykum Assalaam

I would choose number 1, as it is the least worst, if that makes sense?

From the studying I have done for my mother to see what the right dress code for women in Islam is. I have come to the conclusion that when sisters go into the public they have to wear the hijab (covering head and chest) and jilbab (one piece covering all the body and drapes down to the feet).

I think I know what the 'test' is sister :D

Sorry CE you donot have enough options. I would go for FULL HIJAB, which i previously described. Your choices are pretty light.  :D

Full hijab? when I say hijab I mean something that cover hair, neck and the front. How else is one supposed to expand on such issue? I still would love if you picked one choice akhi. :P

Brother Slave…you have proven me wrong. Jizakallah khair for your input. However, would you not like to dwell on it rather than making a blunt statement that seems almost in forced within the heart?

huh? no that perfect for me i would want a wife who dresses like that, the other options i dont like, i dont like niqaabs, dont like non hijabs, dont like trousers,

huh? no that perfect for me i would want a wife who dresses like that, the other options i dont like, i dont like niqaabs, dont like non hijabs, dont like trousers,

Asalamu alaykum

Lol! Fair enough…I thought you were just saying it because you had to. Anyways Jizakallah khair for posting your opinion. :D

So far no one is at each others throat for saying different things….hmm interesting.

Full hijab? when I say hijab I mean something that cover hair, neck and the front. How else is one supposed to expand on such issue? I still would love if you picked one choice akhi.

I know what you mean, but i am emphasizing the Hijab for my future wife should not only cover what you mentioned, but her full body (maybe abaya), her hands, and her feet.

Sister please dont mind, but i cant choose any, compared to what i have in mind its a little soft.

And ofcourse there would be the Hijab of her voice too, i wouldn't want my future wife to let her voice be heard by non-mahrams. :D May Allah grant me such pious woman.

I know what you mean, but i am emphasizing the Hijab for my future wife should not only cover what you mentioned, but her full body (maybe abaya), her hands, and her feet.

Sister please dont mind, but i cant choose any, compared to what i have in mind its a little soft.

When I said covering awrah brother I meant wearing hijab and something that covers from head to toe apart from the hands…

I respect the fact that you don’t want to state your view….no sweat. Inshallah other brothers will….the statements are very basic and simple for a reason…you may dwell on it if you wish and expand upon it. :D

Edited by Crystal Eyes

And ofcourse there would be the Hijab of her voice too, i wouldn't want my future wife to let her voice be heard by non-mahrams. :D May Allah grant me such pious woman.

Brother, what evidence have you got to say that sisters can't let their voices be heard by non-mahrams?

Asalamu Alaykum

Actually was it not said that when a sister is talking to a non-mahram that her voice should be loud so not to show vulnerability and weakness and so that the man does not take her soft voice as weakness?….correct me if I am wrong…

When I said covering awrah brother I meant wearing hijab and something that covers from head to toe apart from the hands…

Then what she wears beneath that is not so important. You mention skirts and trousers in your first post. Clearly if a muslimah is covered from head to toe (you know those black dresses), what she wears underneath wont be a problem. I dont know what you have in mind about the choices. But it doesn't suit me.

InshaAllah other brothers are going to reply. :P

Brother, what evidence have you got to say that sisters can't let their voices be heard by non-mahrams?

:D i'll provide evidence. If i forget please do pm me. :P

Then what she wears beneath that is not so important. You mention skirts and trousers in your first post. Clearly if a muslimah is covered from head to toe (you know those black dresses), what she wears underneath wont be a problem. I dont know what you have in mind about the choices. But it doesn't suit me.

asalamu alaykum

the skirt and trousers are significant because people do not always wear Aabayah....

Edited by Crystal Eyes

asalaamu alaykum

This is the ayat you are discussing.

O Consorts of the Prophet! Ye are not like any of the (other) women: if ye do fear (Allah), be not too complacent of speech, lest one in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire: but speak ye a speech (that is) just.

Al Azzab : 32

wasalaam

Actually was it not said that when a sister is talking to a non-mahram that her voice should be loud so not to show vulnerability and weakness and so that the man does not take her soft voice as weakness?….correct me if I am wrong…

Yes you are right, if she is only FORCED to speak, then she may but should be careful not to entice anyone with her voice. Thats what i meant Hijab for the voice too, like i wouldnt' want her to speak to a non-mahram when there is no need for it.

the skirt and trousers are significant because people do not always wear Aabayah....

Exactly why cannot pick any of your options. If you can edit your post and add "abayah" that would do good to some brothers. :D

:P

asalamu alaykum

Wa'alaykum assalaam

But they aabayah is fard, so sisters who don't wear it in public are sinful from my understanding.