Islamic Forum
Crystal Eyes

deception of modesty

Exactly why cannot pick any of your options. If you can edit your post and add "abayah" that would do good to some brothers.  :D

Yep, I would change my option then too, the one I chose wasn't what I agreed with, but what i thought wasn't as bad as the others :D

PropellerAds
Yes you are right, if she is only FORCED to speak, then she may but should be careful not to entice anyone with her voice. Thats what i meant Hijab for the voice too, like i wouldnt' want her to speak to a non-mahram when there is no need for it.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

I am curious if this means that a muslimah should type in ALL CAPS when posting. (w00t) (w00t)

just joking :D

mods, sorry to be off the topic...

Aslamo 3laikom

Well im only 15, i dont want to think about getting married just yet.

Wa'alaykum assalaam

But they aabayah is fard, so sisters who don't wear it in public are sinful from my understanding.

Asalamu alaykum!

That is not a correct point...so long as what you are wearing covers you and does not show your figure then it is permissible :D it does not have to be an abayah.

p.s-I added abayah to the option...*sighs*

Edited by Crystal Eyes

salam alikum,

so what does all this mean?

Asalamu alaykum

ah all shall come clear soon inshallah but first i need to know the views of brothers...if they were not so difficult it would be a lot easier i'd tell you :D

Edited by Crystal Eyes

Aslamo 3laikom

Well im only 15, i dont want to think about getting married just yet.

age makes no difference brother/sister when voicing an opinion. Knowledge does not build a barrier for the young ones...so do please state your view...if you wish.

Well there is this muslim female that i want to marry in the future, she is my age, i have known her ever since i was 4. I thought of her wearing a hijab once time and it made me want to marry her even more. But that decision is soley up to the female i would have no say in it.

:D

That is not a correct point...so long as what you are wearing covers you and does not show your figure then it is permissible  it does not have to be an abayah.

I get your point. But if you are really true to your faith, you would opt for abayah. Skirts/trousers may attract attention of a few diseases souls, as a matter of fact you cannot find them in totally black can you? They would surely have some designs and colours too...hope you are getting what i mean.

Some women wear "fashion" abayah's which are completely worthless. It is not allowed to get the opposite sexes attention with anything. Not just the figure of the body, there are other things, such as perfumes, make-ups, etc. Trousers would never be a pious muslimah's choice, no matter how loose, it can never extinguish the desires of evil souls.

p.s no offense to anyone, i only stated my views. By no means do i assume anybody to be a lesser or weak muslim/muslimah. And thank you sis CE for posting the abayah option. I choose NO.1 now :D

:P

Salaam,

I don't think hijaab = headscarf. I was under the impression that is the sum total of:

i) Only showing your hands and face at most

ii) Not showing the form of the body

(So your outfit shouldn't be tight, and the your scarf should be large enough to drape round your shoulders so their form isn't seen. Some people hold that this means that trousers aren't permitted as they allow one leg to be distinguished from the other).

iii) The garments not being be transparent

iv) The garments not being attractive (like bright colours)

v) Not being perfumed

vi) Not resembling the clothing of non-Muslims or men.

So option (1) sounds best to me. (No. 2 sounds a bit mixed, :S wearing niqaab with trousers).

Wassalaam.

Well there is this muslim female that i want to marry in the future, she is my age, i have known her ever since i was 4. I thought of her wearing a hijab once time and it made me want to marry her even more. But that decision is soley up to the female i would have no say in it.

ah i am cracking the shell now...lol....so are you going to choose an option or leave me hanging?

w/s

I would take option one or two...as long as she is covered....regardless of which method she chooses to cover then that is good enough as long as it is not tightly covered awrah as in tight clothes.

Ofcourse like one of the brothers mentioned....the covering of the awrah should be for the right reasons...not for fashion and it should truly be a case of the fear of Allah (SWT) on the inside reflecting on the outside.

Now a personal opinion....I think its very appealing when a Sister wears Abayas...however another thing that is nice is when a sister wears a dress with pants underneath...looks quite cool.

Assalamu Alykum

I am not sure which option to choose but I would defintly want a sister with taqwah, which is the main feature that makes a individual attractive...in my eyes :D

Asalamu alaykum!

colour has nothing to do with anything...sisters wear clothes with colour because it looks pretty not because it attracts the opposite sex or bees :D

plus you do get skirts that are black IB...i own many :D

jizakallah khair for all those who chose an option! :P

Asalamu alaykum!

That is not a correct point...so long as what you are wearing covers you and does not show your figure then it is permissible  :D it does not have to be an abayah.

p.s-I added abayah to the option...*sighs*

I disagree, from my knowledge in public a woman has to wear a jilbab/abayah or anything that is one piece of cloth that drapes down from the shoulders to the feet. I would show proof, but I don't want to go off topic :D

it depends on the female herself, and she should have taqwa as bro Ibn_Khaldun sed. Hijab, niqaab etc is her choice: as bro SonOfaSaracen sed "that decision is soley up to the female i would have no say in it."

I disagree, from my knowledge in public a woman has to wear a jilbab/abayah or anything that is one piece of cloth that drapes down from the shoulders to the feet. I would show proof, but I don't want to go off topic :D

perhaps you could PM me your 'fact' brother...jizakallah

back to the main topic... :D

Well I can't pick just one because its my wifey's choice so I guess you will have to delete me from the stats. sorry!

it depends on the female herself, and she should have taqwa as bro Ibn_Khaldun sed. Hijab, niqaab etc is her choice: as bro SonOfaSaracen sed "that decision is soley up to the female i would have no say in it."

but that is the thing....you do have a choice on what muslimah you marry...anyways if you wish not to vote then it is fine...nonetheless we are having a good discussion out of this alhamdulillah.

Asalamu alaykum!

colour has nothing to do with anything...sisters wear clothes with colour because it looks pretty not because it attracts the opposite sex or bees  :D

plus you do get skirts that are black IB...i own many  :P

jizakallah khair for all those who chose an option!  :D

I know for sure its not their intention to attract the opposite sex. But what do you mean by "pretty". If its pretty to sisters themselves, then dont you think its pretty to some of those males that pass by them in the streets? There is a very good reason why abayah's are black and not any bright/colourful colours. Its modesty to the utmost, which reflects true and sincere Hijab.

plus you do get skirts that are black IB...i own many  :D

Does it cover below the ankels? Plus :

vi) Not resembling the clothing of non-Muslims or men.
as one brother mentioned. :P

asslamualaikum

hhmm interesting sister CE....I seem to be getting a small gist of this, brothers be patient, insha'Allah we will all understand soon, it could possibly be a psycholgical analysis of you brothers!!

walaikumsalam